Author Topic: R.A. The Rugged Man: 'Kendrick is Not a Top Five Lyricist'  (Read 494 times)

bouli77

CORREA

Re: R.A. The Rugged Man: 'Kendrick is Not a Top Five Lyricist'
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 03:02:50 PM »
nope you're correct

https://escobar300.wordpress.com/2011/08/08/notorious-big-rates-his-favorite-rappers-on-a-1-10/

both of u are wrong  :D

R.A. The Rugged man said he’d pay 100k to anyone who can produce audio or video of this interview or Biggie dissing him.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 04:28:51 PM »
I always questioned the validity of that interview...but then I saw a clip of E-40 on the Breakfast Club radio show and he mentioned that he and Biggie patched things up afterwards so maybe it was true

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 06:04:10 PM »
I always questioned the validity of that interview...but then I saw a clip of E-40 on the Breakfast Club radio show and he mentioned that he and Biggie patched things up afterwards so maybe it was true

Exactly .. But if biggie said he loved RA and thought he was the hardest emcee in the game, how would that make sense

bouli77

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 08:34:43 PM »

Exactly .. But if biggie said he loved RA and thought he was the hardest emcee in the game, how would that make sense

Both E-40 and Lil Cease have spoken on the altercation and confirmed that it stemmed from an interview with a Canadian magazine where BIG rated different rappers. According to E-40, Biggie was drunk and according to Lil Cease, he was pissed that the interviewers kept asking him to rate other rappers instead of focusing on him (ala Nima when he interviewed 50 and asked him about Bad Azz, Quik, Daz, lol).

The alleged original transcript of the interview dates back from 1995 when it was first posted on the internet (source : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.music.hip-hop/biggie$20rates/rec.music.hip-hop/xC2Cgtg3pOw/hZ1KSvP6fUIJ), I doubt people were fabricating hoaxes back then... At any rate, the part where Biggie low key disses RA may be attributed to him being drunk or maybe he was feeling some type of way about him at that particular moment in time (it seems the interview was published in early 95, before MATW was released) , it happens with rappers who tend to be egotistical and emotional. Or maybe Biggie simply didn't fuck with RA like that. Anyways, it's clearly in RA's interest to claim the list is fake. I'm not saying that the article as we know it is actually the real article because I haven't seen any transcript but we know from 2 primary sources (including Biggie's camp) that the interview actually took place and led to him being confronted by B-Legit and other people from 40's camp.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 09:11:12 PM »

Both E-40 and Lil Cease have spoken on the altercation and confirmed that it stemmed from an interview with a Canadian magazine where BIG rated different rappers. According to E-40, Biggie was drunk and according to Lil Cease, he was pissed that the interviewers kept asking him to rate other rappers instead of focusing on him (ala Nima when he interviewed 50 and asked him about Bad Azz, Quik, Daz, lol).

The alleged original transcript of the interview dates back from 1995 when it was first posted on the internet (source : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.music.hip-hop/biggie$20rates/rec.music.hip-hop/xC2Cgtg3pOw/hZ1KSvP6fUIJ), I doubt people were fabricating hoaxes back then... At any rate, the part where Biggie low key disses RA may be attributed to him being drunk or maybe he was feeling some type of way about him at that particular moment in time (it seems the interview was published in early 95, before MATW was released) , it happens with rappers who tend to be egotistical and emotional. Or maybe Biggie simply didn't fuck with RA like that. Anyways, it's clearly in RA's interest to claim the list is fake. I'm not saying that the article as we know it is actually the real article because I haven't seen any transcript but we know from 2 primary sources (including Biggie's camp) that the interview actually took place and led to him being confronted by B-Legit and other people from 40's camp.

i believe it's real too....but wheres the article where biggie was dappin RA and saying that he thought he was the best until he heard him spit?