Author Topic: Bret 'Hitman' Hart -- I'm Battling Prostate Cancer ... I'm Not Afraid!!  (Read 519 times)

CORREA

Wrestling legend Bret "Hitman" Hart says he's undergoing surgery for prostate cancer -- but vows to defeat "this nemesis once and for all."

The 58-year-old made the announcement on Instagram -- saying, "I beat the odds when I suffered my stroke in 2002, but it is now yet again, that I ... stand unafraid and face the tough road ahead of me."

He continued, "I will wage my fearsome fight against cancer with one shield and one sword carrying my determination and my fury for life, emboldened by all the love that's kept me going this long already."

"My children, grandchildren, and my loving wife Steph have been and will constantly be at my side. I refuse to lose, I will never give in or give up, and I will win this battle or die trying."

"Most important of all, I hope can take the fight to prostate cancer. To be a leader in awareness and to set the example for men everywhere who find themselves in my very same shoes, that prostate cancer can be beaten."

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Re: Bret 'Hitman' Hart -- I'm Battling Prostate Cancer ... I'm Not Afraid!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 05:23:26 AM »
Just like with Robin Roberts, hasn't he suffered enough in life?  I wish him well in this fight.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 08:23:19 AM »
Lookin xtra old in that pic. Hope he pulls thru.

CORREA

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 10:30:59 PM »
BRET HART UPDATE

Bret Hart wrote the following on Instagram after his surgery yesterday:

"Surgery's over and on the long road to recovery. I want to thank Dr. Hyndman and the nursing staff at Rocky View Hospital for an outstanding job. I also want to thank my family, friends, and fans for all your love and support. Things are looking up and I should be home in the next couple of days. In the words of Vince McMahon: "It's onwards and upwards.