Author Topic: Scott Storch on Fallout with Dr. Dre: I Burnt a Lot of Bridges with My Drug Use  (Read 954 times)

abusive

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nTijLQRZ8ms" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nTijLQRZ8ms</a>
In this interview, Scott Storch, opened up about how he met Dr. Dre and working on some of his hits such as, "Still Dre" and "Big Ego's." Although Storch admits, initially, Dre wouldn't let him leave after playing the piano for him during their first meeting, he revealed his drug abuse led to their fallout toward the end of their working relationship. "I burnt a lot of bridges with my drug use and pissed a lot of people off," he said.

Even though it appears the two may not reignite the fire in the studio, he added that he sees them repairing their friendship and getting back to work in the near future, "I have a very good feeling about me and Dre in the future. We're [going to] get back and do some more stuff together."
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Will_B

Cool vid thanks

What's with Eiht's voice at the end tho. Sounds real fucked up

me1

Yo so what is the album that Dre is working on that he discusses at 5 minute marker?

Damn this press run he's on has me hyped for new shit from him. So does this (never knew he played piano on Poppin Them Thangs)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 05:45:10 PM by manny1 »

GangstaBoogy

Timbaland hit him hard with that "I'm a real producer and you're just a piano man" line lol

Scott Storch was dope as fuck tho. I'd love to see him make a comeback as long as it's his own sound and not following the trends.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Blood$

Storch seems like a cool guy when he isn't coked up lol that's good he's allegedly clean again now

hope him and Dre put in some work in the near future

Don Seer

ditto.

thanks for the video :)

Hack Wilson - real

Cali Boyz is still a classic 10 years later

never knew he played piano on Poppin Them Thangs

You couldn't tell when you first heard that that those are Storchs keys? Really?

His style is quite unique and he has his own way of putting the chords together that is fresh when you first hear it but formulaic on the 35th record he's churned out. Here's hoping his creative mojo is up to par.

JonnyTanna

Yo so what is the album that Dre is working on that he discusses at 5 minute marker?

Damn this press run he's on has me hyped for new shit from him. So does this (never knew he played piano on Poppin Them Thangs)

I heard that to.. Something about that's just a soundtrack and he's working on something crazy as we speak?

It'd be interesting to hear how they actually fell out

Just for general knowledge Scott Storch claims he's only worth $3600!

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-rappers/scott-storch-net-worth/

me1

never knew he played piano on Poppin Them Thangs

You couldn't tell when you first heard that that those are Storchs keys? Really?

You're right that's clearly him. It's easy for me to forget he and Dre worked on tracks with one another after 2001 because it was only a handful of joints from years 2000-2004. That G Unit song, Blow Your Mind by Stefani and Eve, maybe a couple others? 

Okka

I didn't even know that they had an fallout, i just thought they stopped working together. That's what usually happens with Dre, he always finds new talent. I hope they actually do work again.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Cool video...

Vlad is so obsessed with Jay doing reference vocals for "Still Dre".  I'm happy that Storch explained that Dre modified it and expressed it and brought Jay's lyrics to life.  Also, no need to downplay COMPTON OST.  It is a classic just like Chronic and 2001

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

doggfather

drugs are bad aaaaiiiight?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

GangstaBoogy

Vlad: so would you say you coproduced 2001
Storch: ...I participated in it

Lmao!!

It's Big Hutch all over again. It's always funny when people who beefed with Dre try to publicly get back on his good side. Don't burn that bridge, Dre doesn't usually give guys a second chance (ask Daz)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

me1

Vlad: so would you say you coproduced 2001
Storch: ...I participated in it

Lmao!!

It's Big Hutch all over again. It's always funny when people who beefed with Dre try to publicly get back on his good side. Don't burn that bridge, Dre doesn't usually give guys a second chance (ask Daz)

shit's funny as hell lol .