Author Topic: Random Dre thoughts  (Read 488 times)

CORREA

Random Dre thoughts
« on: March 06, 2016, 05:31:06 PM »
So watching a old beef documentary and they mentioned Eazy E got a percentage of whatever he produced, seeing how big Pac was, maybe he didn't wanna produce too many of the tracks seeing how much he had to give eazy after the chronic ,because he would pretty much be filling Eazy E pockets with all eyez on me .
Thoughts?

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Random Dre thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 05:48:13 PM »
I doubt that's why.  If that were the case, it would've also been something that Suge would've been aware of (and probably also supporting, since he wouldn't want to send more money to Eazy and the checks would be cut by Suge/Death Row and not so much from Dre) and therefore not be criticizing his work ethic the way that they all did when he eventually left.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 06:01:07 PM »
He would pretty much be filling Eazy E pockets with all eyez on me .

Eazy was dead by the time that they started working on All Eyez On Me. 

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 06:28:06 PM »
But even if what the OP is asking about is actually true, it doesn't mean that they don't owe the money -- it would go to Eazy's Estate.

CORREA

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 06:29:35 PM »
But even if what the OP is asking about is actually true, it doesn't mean that they don't owe the money -- it would go to Eazy's Estate.

I agree, and Jimmy is the main reason why Pac is practically dead at this point. Because all he had to do was post his bail and Pac would have never went to DR. They would have released R U Still Down while Pac was locked up or just released and that would have brought money back into the fold and then Pac could have worked on newer albums for Interscope.

Its a double edged sword. For going to death row we have such classic songs and a lot of material. But at the end of the day with Pac so paranoid after the 1994 shooting, even if he did not sign to DR I believe he would have recorded just as much. You could argue Interscope wouldnt allow for it due to high recording cost but it would be your main rapper. I believe they would have eventually let Pac record whenever he wanted. I mean look at all the unreleased pre death row songs up until then and even like 2 plus albums worth of 2pacalypse material alone that we never even heard. It goes to show he was a recording machine since day 1.

I also believe we would have gotten mostly the same songs even if he wasnt on DR, it would just be with different beats and supporting cast. The whole situation is fucked up because if Pac stayed alive a couple more years he would have been literally on top of the world both rapping, acting and business wise. I think he would have tried to become his own distributor. Cancel out all the middlemen like Jimmy. I pretty much think Makaveli Records today would be bigger then Aftermath with tons of artist signed to it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 08:58:24 PM »
The way Eazy explained it, since Dre was signed to Ruthless as an exclusive artist AND producer, he got a percentage off whatever Dre rapped on or produced for X amount of years.

So my guess would be

Deep Cover, The Chronic, Doggystyle, and that might explain why after that he was suddenly ghost producing (ex: Who Got Some Gangsta Shit, Dogg Food album).

Hell if Eazy was getting 25% of my earnings then Suge wasn't paying me anyway - I wouldn't be in a very creative mood either.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 03:37:11 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lQ__78Hi30Y" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lQ__78Hi30Y</a>

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 04:55:26 AM »
Dr Dre was going to left Death Row when "All Eyez On Me" was made (and then released). Death Row (maybe, 2Pac too) didn't want Dre to produce the album.

[About All Eyez On Me]
Yeah, man! I did it in two days. I put a spit shine on them records. When the tapes went up, I went right to work. I dialed them bitches in like Pop records. And you know what else? In the UAD stuff – I don’t know if you’re into Universal Audio, but if you go on their website they’re mentioning All Eyez on Me as far as the [SSL mixing board]. ‘Cause they just recreated the SSL plug-ins. And they did ‘em with SSL, so they’re licensed to UAD – Universal Audio Digital. And, they talk about a Guns N Roses record, they talk about another big record, and they put All Eyez on Me up there, and said that these were the records that defined the SSL sound. They said some big journalist word about 2Pac’s record that was just crazy. And they gave me a credit. They gave me a credit as David Blake. I was blown away.

[About the demos and 2Pac]
He was the one that helped compile the cassette demos so I could take ‘em home and listen to ‘em. I got ‘em maybe four days in advance [of the album deadline]. So, he helped compile it. And I guess there were some songs he even took off of there. So when I got it I took it home, listened to it. And I was warm at that point; I was already done with Safe and Sound, so I was still like – my engine was revving for production. So, I listened to it and then went to the studio and asked for the tapes. The engineers ran in there and got me the tapes out of the vault, and I started rockin’ out wit’ it. I was remixing those records and putting ‘em on tape. Like, mixing ‘em and dropping ‘em down to transfer in less than two hours. That’s the fastest I ever worked. I did 14 songs in like two days.

[About the credits]
It's crazy. A lot of the credits got ****ed up back then. It was real bad businesss going on up there sometimes, and if you didn't go into the office with Roy Tesfay [Suge Knight's assistant] and them and you do your credits, you got screwed. I got ****ed. I did a lot of remixing on that record, and overdubbing and mixing [that I wasn't credited for]. I made a lot of those records sound a lot better than they did when they came into the studio, and it a real small amount of time. In two days, I remixed like 12 songs.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 09:20:07 AM »
The way Eazy explained it, since Dre was signed to Ruthless as an exclusive artist AND producer, he got a percentage off whatever Dre rapped on or produced for X amount of years.

So my guess would be

Deep Cover, The Chronic, Doggystyle, and that might explain why after that he was suddenly ghost producing (ex: Who Got Some Gangsta Shit, Dogg Food album).

Hell if Eazy was getting 25% of my earnings then Suge wasn't paying me anyway - I wouldn't be in a very creative mood either.
I also think it was set to a number of years, which was why Dre didn't out out 2001 until when he did, to avoid owing any royalties to Eazy's Estate.

Okka

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 10:09:54 AM »

So my guess would be

Dre had nothing to do with "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit", Soopafly made that beat. Suge even tried to make Snoop take credit for that beat, but Snoop said fuck that.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 10:41:26 AM »

So my guess would be

Dre had nothing to do with "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit", Soopafly made that beat. Suge even tried to make Snoop take credit for that beat, but Snoop said fuck that.

Dre mixed it. And in this forum "mixed by Dr. Dre" apparently means Dre did the whole thing lol
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

CORREA

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 01:58:34 PM »
dre is so full of shit lol

560xxl

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 03:45:16 PM »

So this ain't a dis??

CORREA

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 04:02:11 PM »

So this ain't a dis??

u must be dumb enough to believe this @makaveliuk  ;D

[About All Eyez On Me]
Yeah, man! I did it in two days. I put a spit shine on them records. When the tapes went up, I went right to work. I dialed them bitches in like Pop records. And you know what else? In the UAD stuff – I don’t know if you’re into Universal Audio, but if you go on their website they’re mentioning All Eyez on Me as far as the [SSL mixing board]. ‘Cause they just recreated the SSL plug-ins. And they did ‘em with SSL, so they’re licensed to UAD – Universal Audio Digital. And, they talk about a Guns N Roses record, they talk about another big record, and they put All Eyez on Me up there, and said that these were the records that defined the SSL sound. They said some big journalist word about 2Pac’s record that was just crazy. And they gave me a credit. They gave me a credit as David Blake. I was blown away.

He was the one that helped compile the cassette demos so I could take ‘em home and listen to ‘em. I got ‘em maybe four days in advance [of the album deadline]. So, he helped compile it. And I guess there were some songs he even took off of there. So when I got it I took it home, listened to it. And I was warm at that point; I was already done with Safe and Sound, so I was still like – my engine was revving for production. So, I listened to it and then went to the studio and asked for the tapes. The engineers ran in there and got me the tapes out of the vault, and I started rockin’ out wit’ it. I was remixing those records and putting ‘em on tape. Like, mixing ‘em and dropping ‘em down to transfer in less than two hours. That’s the fastest I ever worked. I did 14 songs in like two days.

560xxl

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 04:15:46 PM »

So this ain't a dis??

u must be dumb enough to believe this @makaveliuk  ;D

[About All Eyez On Me]

😂😂