Author Topic: Royce says his biggest regret was turning 250K down from Dre in favor of TommyBo  (Read 640 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Fuck man...... this is one of the most dissapointing moments in hip-hop history.  Could've been a classic album from Royce in that Slim Shady era—as everything coming out from Royce from 99-2001 was fire. 

biggest disspointments...

1.  Pac dying
2.  Dre leaving Death Row
3.  Doggfather album
4.  Snoop's Game is to be Sold album

...Royce isn't far off after that
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Don Seer

Dayum.. He doesn't cone across arrogant like he has in the past.

Him and Dre was always rumoured to be about royces manager.. So maybe he was in his ear.. Bigger cut?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dayum.. He doesn't cone across arrogant like he has in the past.

Him and Dre was always rumoured to be about royces manager.. So maybe he was in his ear.. Bigger cut?

yeah I picked up on that as well... him coming off a lot more humble

Sccit

dre prolly woulda never released him anyway.....then again, he coulda been 50 before 50 wit a aftermath/shady records joint project handled by both dre and em.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dre prolly woulda never released him anyway.....then again, he coulda been 50 before 50 wit a aftermath/shady records joint project handled by both dre and em.

I still wish Dre would've completed that "Throne Is Mine" joint... it still only has the reference vocals with Royce.. maybe Dre felt it didn't fit thematically with this album or he left it off cause of the beef with Royce's manager....... but I always felt that song could've been a mega-hit video if completed and done the right way.  Or... they could've switched up the lyrics a bit and made it into a Royce solo joint that could've been a first single for Royce on par with a "My Name Is" or "Still Dre"

Sccit

I still wish Dre would've completed that "Throne Is Mine" joint... it still only has the reference vocals with Royce.. maybe Dre felt it didn't fit thematically with this album or he left it off cause of the beef with Royce's manager....... but I always felt that song could've been a mega-hit video if completed and done the right way.  Or... they could've switched up the lyrics a bit and made it into a Royce solo joint that could've been a first single for Royce on par with a "My Name Is" or "Still Dre"

REALLY ANY JOINT OFF 2001 COULDA BEEN A MEGA HIT EITHER WAY .. AND MANY OF THEM WERE
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:12:04 AM by Sccit »

Don Seer

meta meta ya'll

Jimmy H.

I think "50 before 50" would be a bit of a stretch.  I'd see him playing more of an Xzibit role.  It would have been a major breakthrough for him as a star but 50 Cent's rise was one of the greatest examples of "having all the right pieces at exactly the right time" in hip-hop history.  That was some one of a king type shit.

Sccit

I think "50 before 50" would be a bit of a stretch.  I'd see him playing more of an Xzibit role.  It would have been a major breakthrough for him as a star but 50 Cent's rise was one of the greatest examples of "having all the right pieces at exactly the right time" in hip-hop history.  That was some one of a king type shit.

I wouldn't put it past Dre .. All it would take is one catchy single

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Word... If done right it would've been an Xzibit Restless type of success for Royce (which is no small feat).