Author Topic: House Of Pain/Dj Quik Beef - Interview w/Danny Boy  (Read 591 times)

abusive

House Of Pain/Dj Quik Beef - Interview w/Danny Boy
« on: March 20, 2016, 04:12:08 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z5qvHfq1bLQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z5qvHfq1bLQ</a>
Download full interview and including a dj C-lo st pattys drinking mix
http://abortmag.com/2016/03/liquid-su
beginning of house of pain-00:1
kicked off the beastie boys tour-14:20
dj quik beef-28:00

I recently got the chance to sit down with Hip-Hop golden era legend Danny Boy and ask him all the questions iv had throughout the years of being a complete Zeeked out fan boy and the answers i get are insane. so much detail! we start off with early House Of Pain days, how he started the group and also groups La Coka Nostra and Delta Bravo Exploration Team, We also get into how the track Jump Around could have been so different if so many Emcees didn't pass on it first before Muggs gave it to Everelast an dew get into detail about the Dj Quik beef, how it started to how it ended (i couldn't find anything online about this) if you want to hear the interview in its entirety including a Dj C-Lo House Of Pain mix and hip-hop drinking mix just click the link below and live stream on Abort Magazines web page with the option to download and if you like this subscribe on I-Tunes for a shit ton of interviews we have done…Thanks :)

We start this one up nice and sloppy just how you like it! trash talking the local pubs for Essing soooo much Deee running our mouths with that typical drunken jibber jabber we have become so well known for until C-lo finally shuts off our mic's…then we get to the good stuff!C-Lo hits us with a solid mix of some rare and classic House Of Pain jams then moving on to a pre recorded interview with the one and only Danny Boy of the legendary groups House Of Pain and La Coka Nostra. Danny boy walks us through the early days of House Of Pain from the moment they met to the day they parted ways. He also touches base on touring with Beastie Boys, packing an AK on the tour bus, the beef with Dj Quik and his struggles with addiction. We wrap it up with talks of the 3rd and possibly final La Coka Nostra album and his love for documenting historical sites through his work with Delta Bravo. This hip-hop icon blesses us with endless knowledge and some of the most kick ass stories from house of pains hay days..DJ-C-LO wraps it all up with what may be the best hip-hop drinking mix of all time….ever…..in history of mankind, don't miss out on this one hit that link kiiiidddd
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
Re: House Of Pain/Dj Quik Beef - Interview w/Danny Boy
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 07:57:06 PM »
he clearly didnt kno wha the hell was talkin bout

they didnt chase nobody outta oakland...

nobody in the video had a afro...the only time somebody got rushed out the video...was in the san antonio scene..that didnt have shit to do with cypress

the interviewer was a cake to..how u know cant fuck with a nigga..but didnt kno jus lyke compton

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 02:00:25 AM »
final La Coka album?!?!?!
WTF?!?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 04:31:01 PM »
Huh, didn't know they were from the val.  Yea hip hop was new to that area back then.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 09:40:08 AM »
Huh, didn't know they were from the val.  Yea hip hop was new to that area back then.
yeah its kinda ill, i knew about this already. back when they first blew up, around 93, they were on the love line show on KROQ and i remember they mentioned they grew up in the sherman oaks area and used to hang out at val surf in north hollywood on whittset & riverside. i was tripping cuz that was down the street from where i stayed and like you said, rappers from the valley were unheard of at the time. shame they never, ever repped it on wax tho. not really feeling how he made the valley seem purely suburbs and square, cuz North Hollywood was active back then, of course not in comparison to what was cracking over the hill, but still.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:44:29 AM by CHUCK KNOXXX »
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 03:36:25 PM »
My homies and I made some homemade tapes in N.H. in the late 80's,  but then my parents moved me out.   >:(
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!