Author Topic: Yo Seer, so what did you think of the Compton album?  (Read 1246 times)

Sccit

Re: Yo Seer, so what did you think of the Compton album?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 11:31:33 AM »
i started a track by track breakdown by got fed up..

overall there's a stop/start disjointed thing with a lot of the songs.. when someones spitting or not that breaks the flow.. shit sounds disjointed like a radio show or a mixtape.

i've put it on my iphone to play in the car to give it a different listen.. but seriously.. i'm thinking anyone thinking this album is anywhere near chronic or 2001 level is on some crazy shit

The "disjointing" is part of the intrigue .. Gives the album a unique, cinematic feel.

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 11:33:59 AM »
If you're not actually listening for lyrics, wordplay/content/song writing this shit would be ok as background noise/music

It's a decent throwaway thing for 5 mins. Only noteworthy because it's Dre

That's why u gave "regulate" a 5/10 right? Because it wasn't lyrical enough .. lol

The content on this one is actually a level above "2001" .. Lotta real shit your everyday mufucka can relate to on the album, not nearly as cliche.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 09:12:40 PM »

overall there's a stop/start disjointed thing with a lot of the songs.. when someones spitting or not that breaks the flow.. shit sounds disjointed like a radio show or a mixtape.

i've put it on my iphone to play in the car to give it a different listen.. but seriously.. i'm thinking anyone thinking this album is anywhere near chronic or 2001 level is on some crazy shit

this. every word of it.

this shit was supposed to flow like a movie but it flows like someone flicking the channels.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2016, 01:04:34 AM »

The content on this one is actually a level above "2001" .. Lotta real shit your everyday mufucka can relate to on the album, not nearly as cliche.

At least my ficca Sccit is gettin this one right... I mean lyrically it is mos definitely above 2001... Dre has really never came with solo tracks that were as introspective as "All On Me" and "Diary".  And the shit Kendrick is doing on "Deep Waters" or that Conners doing on "Love Of Money" is just on fire....

Only thing that 2001 has lyrically that Compton is missing is a megasuperstar like Em in his prime.  I mean, the Chronic brought us Snoop in his prime and that really helped make the album special.  Same with 2001 we got an Eminem at his prime and the album couldn't have been what it was without his game-changing performances on "What's the Difference" and "Forgot About Dre".

But... just compare "Big Ego's" to "All On Me" and you can see that production and lyrically Compton is an update/improvement
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2016, 01:47:06 AM »

this. every word of it.

this shit was supposed to flow like a movie but it flows like someone flicking the channels.

Signed.

Compton isn´t a classic Dre album for me. IMO it´s more like a puzzled together compilation.

Will_B

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2016, 03:01:01 AM »
Lol people talking about Dre being introspective on verses he didn't write

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2016, 04:38:15 AM »
Lol people talking about Dre being introspective on verses he didn't write

Lol.. I admit that is kind of funny
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2016, 06:34:48 AM »

At least my ficca Sccit is gettin this one right... I mean lyrically it is mos definitely above 2001... Dre has really never came with solo tracks that were as introspective as "All On Me" and "Diary".  And the shit Kendrick is doing on "Deep Waters" or that Conners doing on "Love Of Money" is just on fire....

Only thing that 2001 has lyrically that Compton is missing is a megasuperstar like Em in his prime.  I mean, the Chronic brought us Snoop in his prime and that really helped make the album special.  Same with 2001 we got an Eminem at his prime and the album couldn't have been what it was without his game-changing performances on "What's the Difference" and "Forgot About Dre".

But... just compare "Big Ego's" to "All On Me" and you can see that production and lyrically Compton is an update/improvement

Kurupts "you more of a bitch than a bitch" line > than anything spit on "Compton" :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2016, 10:49:28 AM »

this. every word of it.

werent u lovin this shit when it dropped? coulda sworn u were hittin me bout how incredible it sounded in ur beats

andre

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2016, 04:54:07 PM »
Where can i find the original Animals song or concept song without Dr. Dre involvement?

The album did grow on me a lot and it does have some really strong moments, but as much as I want it to be, I don't think it will be considered a classic in years to come. That doesn't matter too much as its still a really good album, but it would have been nice for Dre to have that final classic album under his belt.

Where I think it loses momentum is in the second half. A track like 'For The Love Of Money' just sounds awkward on here, and I much prefer the original version of 'Animals' - it's about the only track I can think of where Dre's additional production wasn't needed. Also I don't care much for the Eminem featured track which is kind of a disappointment for me.

That track 'Back To Business' though? Now that's the sort of big, epic sound that should have made it onto the album in place of one of the weaker cuts.

original "animals" sounds bland and repetitive, dre added a whole lot of depth to it, which is just what it needed, as it's meant 2 be a deep track

CORREA

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2016, 05:23:08 PM »
im no dre fanatic like most of you retards on here but i will give credit where credit is due Compton was def a top 5 im even bold enuff to say its a top 3

dre came correct even tho he didn't write shit production was awesome and wasn't your typical bs what others are doing today 
only complaint with production is some the beats sound the same

the feature all came correct even the old farts they sounded better then they have in years and years and years and years you see the point
one thing i didn't like is the constant fuck you which i cant stand i hate fuck you music makes you sounds very limited and then i hates the constant kill yourself in the raps

not offended by it cause anyone who kills themselves is a retard but in music again makes you limited

even the ones we haven't heard with dre before gives this album a fresh feel and not clutter by has beens and dre made the right move looking into the future like one should and put over young talent and not try to shove a bunch of old farts down our throats

of course gotta have some Kendrick i just wished there were more tde artist on this ab jay or q

even em sounded good on this

bottom line if ur stuck in the past and listen to 90s music all day like its the thing lol then this album isnt for you and no point leaving your bias review cause tbh you didnt even give the album a chance when you heard no old ass 90s beats

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2016, 05:55:57 PM »
Where can i find the original Animals song or concept song without Dr. Dre involvement?

The album did grow on me a lot and it does have some really strong moments, but as much as I want it to be, I don't think it will be considered a classic in years to come. That doesn't matter too much as its still a really good album, but it would have been nice for Dre to have that final classic album under his belt.

Where I think it loses momentum is in the second half. A track like 'For The Love Of Money' just sounds awkward on here, and I much prefer the original version of 'Animals' - it's about the only track I can think of where Dre's additional production wasn't needed. Also I don't care much for the Eminem featured track which is kind of a disappointment for me.

That track 'Back To Business' though? Now that's the sort of big, epic sound that should have made it onto the album in place of one of the weaker cuts.

original "animals" sounds bland and repetitive, dre added a whole lot of depth to it, which is just what it needed, as it's meant 2 be a deep track

Search the forum, someone posted it here

andre

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 06:40:24 PM »

Search the forum, someone posted it here

Thanks Sccit! Appreciate it.

For those who are looking for the song:

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=322031.0

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2016, 11:32:07 PM »

this. every word of it.

werent u lovin this shit when it dropped? coulda sworn u were hittin me bout how incredible it sounded in ur beats

sonically there is some very dope shit going on on the album im quite fond of satisifiction and the way he layered marshia ambroshias vocals but as a project it just dont flow like it should man. i judge an album by its replay value and i never felt that need to come back to this one the way i have other recent albums that are personal classics to me.