Author Topic: Xzibit Napalm Appreciation Thread  (Read 283 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Xzibit Napalm Appreciation Thread
« on: April 10, 2016, 08:27:30 PM »
Went back and listened to this album start to finish again last night.  Just remembering what a great comeback album this was.  A remarkable effort from Xzibit, about 10 years removed from the prime of his career to be able to come back and make a record like that.  There was only one track I used to skip and that was the title track "Napalm".   I let it play through last night and I actually never realized it had that interlude in the middle where everything slows down and Xzibit becomes really reflective before wildin out again at the end of the track... The track now makes sense to me.... I may have been sleepin on it....

Bangers on this album, and nearly every track is listenable... also Xzibit is bringing his A game lyrically, a lot of depth and force behind all his wit... well-played mix of lyrics, guest artists, producers.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Xzibit Napalm Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 08:30:55 PM »
Man I just pulled this album back out a few days ago and you're 100% right.

Great lyrics over dope beats - what a concept 😂
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 02:05:48 AM »
Yeah, great comeback but got in shadow of GKMC.  They were released on the same time, if not in the same week. Everybody was into Kendrick Lamar and nobody checked X's album. I think he gave us a masterpiece and X himself said it's his best album to date.
There was few skipable tracks I didn't liked but Napalm track was great for me, I didn't understood why people hated it so much, maybe the Hard Rock shit but it was great, and Travis Barker did his thing. That Wiz Khalifa chorus on Forever A G was wow for me, didn't knew he had that voice and they had great chemistry on it. And even that "loop" instruemental on Luis XIII with Liks and King Tee was great, you had to move your head just like any Dre instrumental. Everybody came correct, but I didn't liked Prodigy's verse. I hope his next album will have this kind of atmosphere even tho Dre is co-executive of that next album.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 09:24:22 PM »
Yeah, great comeback but got in shadow of GKMC.  They were released on the same time, if not in the same week. Everybody was into Kendrick Lamar and nobody checked X's album. I think he gave us a masterpiece and X himself said it's his best album to date.
There was few skipable tracks I didn't liked but Napalm track was great for me, I didn't understood why people hated it so much, maybe the Hard Rock shit but it was great, and Travis Barker did his thing. That Wiz Khalifa chorus on Forever A G was wow for me, didn't knew he had that voice and they had great chemistry on it. And even that "loop" instruemental on Luis XIII with Liks and King Tee was great, you had to move your head just like any Dre instrumental. Everybody came correct, but I didn't liked Prodigy's verse. I hope his next album will have this kind of atmosphere even tho Dre is co-executive of that next album.

agreed with this for the most part

also loved "Stand Tall" and "Movie" had one of the best line-ups in years as far as west coast posse joints  8)

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 06:55:26 AM »

agreed with this for the most part

also loved "Stand Tall" and "Movie" had one of the best line-ups in years as far as west coast posse joints  8)

Stand Tall was the best track on the album for me. Damn how could I forget about it on my first reply? It had all, lyrics, type of beat for them lyrics, that guy Shillo Harris or something like that, it had message, it had X spittin' from his heart, just like on 1983, but Stand Tall was #1 for me in years from X.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...