Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - COOLAID (Official Discussion)  (Read 24033 times)

gfunkin2

Re: Snoop Dogg - COOLAID (2016) [Album Discussion]
« Reply #225 on: July 01, 2016, 09:05:22 PM »
With the exception of Ten Toes Down and What If, this is pretty bad. How can you mess up an E-40/Jazze Pha collab smh. Like someone else said, the production here totally lets this project down.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:07:20 PM by gfunkin2 »

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Chef_YRD

« Reply #227 on: July 01, 2016, 10:14:04 PM »
With the exception of Ten Toes Down and What If, this is pretty bad. How can you mess up an E-40/Jazze Pha collab smh. Like someone else said, the production here totally lets this project down.

Hahaha I'm literally laughing cuz those two tracks and super crip are all that I enjoyed off this album...first two for features and last one for production...can we face the facts that snoop just isn't dope without killer production and features? Hes a cool dude but his music is boring as a MFer...that being said suga free and 40 delievered and so did just blaze
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

k1000

« Reply #228 on: July 02, 2016, 11:56:03 AM »
Fam, "Super Crip" is amazing. :o

really is, during the first half I was just nodding my head then once the beat switched up in the second verse I almost lost it

not feeling it. the beat sometimes reminds me of this:
E-40 - Act A Ass ()

and Snoop actually did a mixtape song with that same beat: Whoop Your A$$ ()

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #229 on: July 03, 2016, 08:44:03 AM »
Not expecting much from Snoop these days, so I was surprised to find myself quite enjoying this. Far from his best work, but not terrible like Ego Trippin'.

Marco

« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2016, 09:49:03 AM »
"Super Crip", "What If" & "Revolution" are the best tracks.  8) 8)
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Okka

« Reply #231 on: July 03, 2016, 10:09:39 AM »
Like somebody already said Snoop is goin' hard on the album, but i just don't like most of the beats. There's like six songs i like after the first listen. I'm gonna give this a few more spins and drop some more thoughts about the album later.

Blood$

« Reply #232 on: July 03, 2016, 01:27:09 PM »
after listening to this some more I would say this album is like a mix of Doggumentary and Ego Trippin' which explains the mixed reviews from some heads on here, there honestly isn't one terrible song to me just a few average/boring joints that seem rushed and serve as filler that will definitely be forgotten about in years to come, but with that being said those mediocre songs are still better than most artists' best in 2016

but I've seen mostly positive reviews everywhere else so fuck it lol this forum is always ultra critical with west coast releases (kinda rightfully so), didn't see this in FYE yesterday but I'll cop it wherever I find it  8)

So Much Style

« Reply #233 on: July 03, 2016, 01:27:25 PM »
Had to come in and officially stamp super crip. Thats a true banger. The drums are absurd! My fav drum pattern ever when i hearthat. Bass off the hook. Hmmmm
So much style back at it again

Konnekted

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #234 on: July 03, 2016, 01:33:51 PM »
Download full version now in great quality (mp3)

Just Blaze produced "Super Crip":

http://www.megafileupload.com/nRkM/04_Super_Crip.mp3

Chuuch!

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #235 on: July 03, 2016, 02:18:26 PM »
Snoop has an second radio channel on dash
Doggystyle
They been playing only westcoast
The played
Affiliated
Not a bad song
Don't like the trick trick dude
But
Rbx would have killed the song

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #236 on: July 03, 2016, 02:21:05 PM »
Snoop should release all the acapellas from the album
Then we could remix them with tight beats
Couse The beats are  :snoopfacepalm: :snoopfacepalm:

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #237 on: July 04, 2016, 03:08:44 AM »
Givin a first listen to this album....

01. Legend ✓
02. Ten Toes Down ✓
03. Don't Know
04. Super Crip ✓
05. Coolaid Man ✓

Reaction #1 : Sincerly, not bad. Some interesting things. It seems that I never "enjoyed" Snoop since years.

06. Let Me See Em Up
07. Point Seen Money Gone (they really need to stop this type of ish)
08. Oh Na Na (same thang as above, "oh na na na na na", stop !)

Reaction #2 : please, stop this pop sound 2.0 whatever it's called. This the reason I don't listen rap music nowadays.

09. My Carz ✓
10. Two Or More ✓
11. Affiliated ✓

Reaction #3 : ok, everything is not bad.

12. Feel About Snoop (skip)
13. Light It Up (skip)
14. Side Piece
15. Kush Ups (skip)
16. Double Tap That
17. Got Those ✓
18. Let The Beat Drop
19. What If ✓
20. Revolution

Reaction #4 : End of the album ? Ok. It's like every album released by Snoop for ten years even if i gonna give more spins in order to listen tracks i enjoyed the first time. Remind me "Ego Trippin" (last Snoop album I bought). Nothing special. "Coolaid" > "Bush".

Banger : "Super Crip"  8)

Special Mention : "Affiliated" / "My Carz"  / "Two Or More" / "What If" :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 05:47:24 AM by donfathaimmortal »
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Don Seer

« Reply #238 on: July 05, 2016, 03:38:04 AM »
Braaaaaaaaaaappp!  8)

first listen happening :   not a bad album by a long shot.. not quite feeling the beats.. but it shows Snoop can still spit.. it might be a grower.. not sure..

some Kendrick type influence.. as i'm not feeling that personally... it wont gel with me

edit: what if is nice..
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 03:59:15 AM by Don Seer »

PLANT

« Reply #239 on: July 05, 2016, 06:07:56 AM »
"Ten toes down" and "What If" takes me back to the old eastsidaz, top dogg and last meal type days and vibe.  Snoop sounds so dope over these type tracks.  "Super Crip" is just insane to hear Snoop still be able to pull that off, vintage and classic SNoop lyrics and flow.  I like "Coolaid Man", "Two or more" and even "Fireworks/ Celebrate" has grown on me.

The rest of the album is just so so and won't really get much replay value from me.  Its kind of sad to hear an album like this where Snoop still sounds so dope on some tracks, but just cant keep the vibe consistent through out the whole thing.