Author Topic: Ice Cube = Sellout?  (Read 1122 times)

Westcoastfanatic

Re: Ice Cube = Sellout?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 12:30:19 PM »
Cube's always more of a hypocrite than a sell-out to me. Not at sell-out because he always keeps his music raw and never did a song with a corny popstar right? Now Snoop, he's a sell-out AND a hypocrite, lol.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Mietek23

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 12:01:58 PM »
If using opportunities to diverse from rap to movies, back to rap, etc. and making money while doing it is the definition of "sellout", than hell yeah - he did sell out just like every other rapper in the industry that uses music or every other business to make a better live for himself and his family.

The difference is - Cube has a business mind and a business savvy on a higher level than 95% of his peers, that's why he was able to expand beyond rap, invest his rap money into other things and maximize his $, while not going broke after record sales started to fall.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 04:29:21 PM »
i think the rule of thumb is that once u achieve legendary status, u gotta do what u gotta do to get what u gotta get. if that means playin a cop on a tv show or makin children movies to stay relevant and collect your paper, then so be it....ice cube has contradicted himself many times throughout the duration of his career, but who hasnt? we humans, not God. perfection is unattainable, and cube been doin his thang for some time now.....as far as rappin goes, he way out his prime, and we been promised "everythangs corrupt" for years now. at one point, was sposta be an aftermath release produced by dre. at this point, thats all i care about in regards to cube. can he bring it once again, yes or no?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 02:29:44 PM by Sccit »

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 05:55:42 PM »
i think the rule of thumb is that once u achieve legendary status, u gotta do what u gotta do to get what u gotta get. if that remains playin a cop on a tv show or makin children movies to stay relevant and collect your paper, then so be it....ice cube has contradicted himself many times throughout the duration of his career, but who hasnt? we humans, not God. perfection is unattainable, and cube been doin his thang for some time now.....as far as rappin goes, he way out his prime, and we been promised "everythangs corrupt" for years now. at one point, was sposta be an aftermath release produced by dre. at this point, thats all i care about in regards to cube. can he bring it once again, yes or no?

keyboard critics will never change homie..

tookie was one of the biggest gangsyers in his day....evem je cjamged...

whats the difference between 2pac n ice cube...both these niggas went the same route..was political with their message

difference is..pac was a puppet n a follower..niggas always talk bout pac bein a leade n on that panther bullshit'

he shitted on everything his mom n mutulu stood for

n was only political when it was conveient  for community service

but when he was free...he didnt give a fuck bout the next nigga

cube is a musical actor n a film actor...he didnt sell out shit

music got old...to cube he made his only lane with movies...milliona of dollars out there n fuck niggas want rapper to be t. rodgers

if pac wasnt a puppet n did his own thing..he would be doin the same shit cube is doin...

cube didnt have bitch ass niggas in his ear or around him puttin him in fucked up situations..

pac was suppose to be a leader but what are any of the outlaws doin to further his legacy...nothin...they irrelevant now

realmuthafuckingeez

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 11:53:38 AM »
pac wasnt no puppet, i agree he got himself in some fucked up situations, but thats what happens when you live life on the edge.

cube played it safe, went the usual sell-out route. actually i dont believe cube had any real political belifs other than hustlin anyway.

pac never shitted on his background. the panthers failed, why would he follow that dead end route anyway. pac was dealing with a new reality. he wasnt gonna retread old paths.

pac got caught up in the gang shit. cause thats where the action was. he didnt have to do any of that shit, he wasnt follwing nobody but his own will.

pac was fearless. and he gambled with his life. and to me thats more respctable and honourable than these sellouts bowing down the to the establishment for a paycheck. they the real puppets.

outlawz will never escape the shadow of pac. they are just not the same calibre. but thats no reflection on pac. disciples rarely surpass the master. and a legend will have many leeches.

Tupac = Legendary.  Ice Cube = Sell out.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2016, 11:54:53 AM »
i think the rule of thumb is that once u achieve legendary status, u gotta do what u gotta do to get what u gotta get. if that remains playin a cop on a tv show or makin children movies to stay relevant and collect your paper, then so be it....ice cube has contradicted himself many times throughout the duration of his career, but who hasnt? we humans, not God. perfection is unattainable, and cube been doin his thang for some time now.....as far as rappin goes, he way out his prime, and we been promised "everythangs corrupt" for years now. at one point, was sposta be an aftermath release produced by dre. at this point, thats all i care about in regards to cube. can he bring it once again, yes or no?

That's true, and I think I posted something like that many, many years ago. Once you reach a certain point, it's sort of like make money how you can homeboy. Snoop, Cube, Dre, all of them. They all eventually find ways to make money and "sell-out." Xzibit was pimping cars, Game's banging IG models (LOL... IG models is a thing... LOL), Snoop has pimped his own name out so many times, Dre sells too expensive head phones, Ice T is a cop on a show, 2Pac was an actor, Cypress Hill made a Dubstep album, Too $hort made a track with Lady Gaga, K Dot with Taylor Swift, Coolio gots a cooking show... the list goes on and on.

doggfather

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 12:02:24 AM »
years, i mean yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ago...

Ice cube never sold out. People say cube sold out because of movies! Making fun movies for your kids to watch dont have nothing to do with selling out.

nope i dont give a shit bout his movies. Hes an actor and hedo what he have to do.

But as a rapper?!

i am the south, you remember?!

and not the dirty one, the shitty pop one.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ