Author Topic: Rams gotta be crazy if they dont trade for Kaepernick  (Read 1429 times)

Sccit

Re: Rams gotta be crazy if they dont trade for Kaepernick
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 12:51:52 AM »
i thought we shoulda got rg3, but what do i know

The leg injury RG3 got his rookie year fucked him up pretty badly, on top of apparently having some issues upstairs. Still, he seems like he could be a decent QB if given the right opportunity, the Rams would've been about as good a fit as any for him as far as teams that needed QB's. As far as LA, they gave up a shitload of capital to move up in the draft and get their guy, better know what they're doing.

so you think we did the right thing as far as movin up in the draft

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 07:57:56 AM »
I personally don't think it was wise to trade up for QB, but it might be the only possible solution. With that said, they also shouldn't have picked up RGIII. RGIII is right where he needs to be with Hue Jackson coaching him and working on him. The Rams on the other hand, I don't know what the solution is, but the solution is not currently in the league right now. There are no franchise QB's just flouting around. Even a decent QB is locked up in multi-year deals. Those that are flouting around are QB's that need work and the right coach, and the Rams don't have that. The best way for the Rams to get that QB is to draft one, and well I think they gave up too much to move up, if that QB is a hit then the Rams will have their QB for the next 15 years and it will be all worth it. That franchise QB is so hard to find, so teams lock them up. If a QB is available right now, then there is something wrong and there are only a hand full of coaches who can work with those QB's.

Hue Jackson, Jim Hardbaugh was one in SF, Norv Turner, Joe Philbin; these are all coaches that you should have on staff if you're going to take a Kaep, or RGIII. Kaep was AMAZING under Hardbaugh, and RGIII went to Cleveland because he saw what Jackson brought out of average QB's. But outside the comfort of these coaches, Kaep and RGIII have had little to no success and in fact have been problems for coaches and by extension the locker rooms. So if the Rams want a Kaep, they need to get on the phone and get a QB friendly coach in that locker room. If they are not going to fire Fisher (which I would) then they are better off drafting a new QB and hoping they strike gold.

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 09:36:31 AM »
hey Colin's a good Guy
I believe hed be better than a qb out of college
why you ask?
Cause he took the 49ers to the last drive 5yard line in the Superbowl vs the Ravens
He can also run better than any colleg star n thats sayin a lot
He beat Brady
He beat Rodgers
I think he beat Wilson
hey wuts up joy
You really think a colleg qb gonna do that?
Ill be nice and stick to nice youtube videos
I promise

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 11:49:31 AM »
hey Colin's a good Guy
I believe hed be better than a qb out of college
why you ask?
Cause he took the 49ers to the last drive 5yard line in the Superbowl vs the Ravens
He can also run better than any colleg star n thats sayin a lot
He beat Brady
He beat Rodgers
I think he beat Wilson
hey wuts up joy
You really think a colleg qb gonna do that?
Ill be nice and stick to nice youtube videos
I promise

Since it looks like you want to stop trolling and actually talk for a second, I will respond. Who was Kaep's coach? Hardbaugh! Hardbaugh is a highly successful coach who trained many QB's, revived Alex Smith's career and took Kaep to the top. Once Hardbaugh left, Kaep not only saw a decline in production, his team turned against him and there was obvious problems with his leadership. A coach like Hardbaugh was very valuable to keeping him on track, watching over his production and keeping the locker room behind the QB. The year management stepped in and started to hint that Hardbaugh could be fired, the team then tuned out Hardbaugh and then later turned on Kaep. A true NFL QB, like say a Manning or Brady, would have been able to keep the locker room. Instead, Kaep was an outsider on his own team.

Remedy360

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 07:49:42 PM »
I personally don't think it was wise to trade up for QB, but it might be the only possible solution. With that said, they also shouldn't have picked up RGIII. RGIII is right where he needs to be with Hue Jackson coaching him and working on him. The Rams on the other hand, I don't know what the solution is, but the solution is not currently in the league right now. There are no franchise QB's just flouting around. Even a decent QB is locked up in multi-year deals. Those that are flouting around are QB's that need work and the right coach, and the Rams don't have that. The best way for the Rams to get that QB is to draft one, and well I think they gave up too much to move up, if that QB is a hit then the Rams will have their QB for the next 15 years and it will be all worth it. That franchise QB is so hard to find, so teams lock them up. If a QB is available right now, then there is something wrong and there are only a hand full of coaches who can work with those QB's.

Hue Jackson, Jim Hardbaugh was one in SF, Norv Turner, Joe Philbin; these are all coaches that you should have on staff if you're going to take a Kaep, or RGIII. Kaep was AMAZING under Hardbaugh, and RGIII went to Cleveland because he saw what Jackson brought out of average QB's. But outside the comfort of these coaches, Kaep and RGIII have had little to no success and in fact have been problems for coaches and by extension the locker rooms. So if the Rams want a Kaep, they need to get on the phone and get a QB friendly coach in that locker room. If they are not going to fire Fisher (which I would) then they are better off drafting a new QB and hoping they strike gold.

I like Hue Jackson too, but what you're not mentioning is that it's the Browns. They have had a non-stop revolving door at QB since they came back in '99 and that's putting it nicely. That organization is a dysfunctional mess, period. Maybe Jackson will be the guy to start turning it around, but that's far from guaranteed. And guys like Harbaugh, Turner, etc. at least had talent to work with when they brought their guy aboard. Not to say Fisher is a QB guru by any stretch, but the Rams have a great defense, what looks to be a top tier RB, and are essentially a good QB away from being a great team. Give me that over Cleveland any day.

As far as whether or not the Rams made the right decision to move up, it's too early to say cause I don't know enough about Goff or Wentz. There wasn't a sure thing out on the open market, so if they think they've got their guy in the draft then good move, but with everything gave up they better be right.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2016, 08:15:19 PM »
Here is where I disagree. Smith was a bust before Hardbaugh came to SF. Under Hardbaugh Smith was looking like a new QB. He was well liked in the locker room, but the talent never translated. Under Hardbaugh, he brought that out of him, and then he was able to move to KC. Smith always had the talent, but he needed a coach like Hardbaugh to bring it out of him. Kaep had Hardbaugh to bring it out, but the problem was that management compromised Hardbaugh in his last year. Kaep was not a finished product, and by taking Hardbaugh from him as he was entering his prime, management SCREWED Kaep.

With Jackson, I truly think Jackson can turn them around. When Jackson came to Oakland, you could have said the same exact thing... "you forgot to mention, it's Oakland." But in Oakland, Jackson took a journeyman QB in Jason Campbell, and had people wondering if he was the next coming of Jim Plunkett. Afterall, Campbell had the talent, but never had the right coaching. But Jackson as OC, then HC got the most out of him.

RGIII had one great rookie year in Washington, but injures have kept him down. The talent is undeniable, but once Mike Shanahan figured RGIII was washed up after his injury, RGIII's days in Washington were over. They even hired Jay Gruden, who everyone thought was a QB Guru coach, to fix RGIII. But at the end Gruden was not nearly the QB coach that his brother was and they had to go a more conventional route with Cousins. But RGIII needed a place that he knew would work with his special gifts. Not all NFL coaches know how to work with an RGIII, or a Kaep. RGIII is risking going to a bad team in order to work with Hue, and I think that's the smartest move in his career. If Hue can't "fix" him, then I don't think anyone can. Fisher sure as hell can't.

As for the rookies coming in, Goff or Wentz, I think the Rams are going Goff but I DON'T think Goff is worth a first overall pick. In fact, no QB in this draft is to me. But Goff is a first round QB, and if the Rams had a top 5 pick then they should pick him up. The problem isn't drafting Goff, the problem I have is what they gave up to get him. Because to me, he's the next Teddy Bridgewater. Both are going to be great QB's in the NFL, but neither has the true arm strength to reach superstar QB status. But both are franchise QB's who can lead their teams to many playoff appearances and with the right defense, maybe a Super Bowl win. Both are very accurate and wouldn't throw a lot of INT's once they settle into the NFL (Bridgewater only threw 9 INT's in 16 starts this year). But at the same time, you may not see a whole lot of TD's (Teddy also only threw 14 TD's this year). So you will get lots carefully placed balls in the arms of a WR, but that down the field bomb will not be there. With all of that said, I think Goff can develop to a lead that will command the locker room more-so than RGIII and Kaep, and Goff will have the better career going into his prime years. So he's the QB you want, but trading all of that for him wasn't really necessary UNLESS you really think you can't find a franchise QB anywhere else. And actually, in that case, the Rams maybe right.

Remedy360

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2016, 11:29:50 PM »
Here is where I disagree. Smith was a bust before Hardbaugh came to SF. Under Hardbaugh Smith was looking like a new QB. He was well liked in the locker room, but the talent never translated. Under Hardbaugh, he brought that out of him, and then he was able to move to KC. Smith always had the talent, but he needed a coach like Hardbaugh to bring it out of him. Kaep had Hardbaugh to bring it out, but the problem was that management compromised Hardbaugh in his last year. Kaep was not a finished product, and by taking Hardbaugh from him as he was entering his prime, management SCREWED Kaep.

With Jackson, I truly think Jackson can turn them around. When Jackson came to Oakland, you could have said the same exact thing... "you forgot to mention, it's Oakland." But in Oakland, Jackson took a journeyman QB in Jason Campbell, and had people wondering if he was the next coming of Jim Plunkett. Afterall, Campbell had the talent, but never had the right coaching. But Jackson as OC, then HC got the most out of him.

RGIII had one great rookie year in Washington, but injures have kept him down. The talent is undeniable, but once Mike Shanahan figured RGIII was washed up after his injury, RGIII's days in Washington were over. They even hired Jay Gruden, who everyone thought was a QB Guru coach, to fix RGIII. But at the end Gruden was not nearly the QB coach that his brother was and they had to go a more conventional route with Cousins. But RGIII needed a place that he knew would work with his special gifts. Not all NFL coaches know how to work with an RGIII, or a Kaep. RGIII is risking going to a bad team in order to work with Hue, and I think that's the smartest move in his career. If Hue can't "fix" him, then I don't think anyone can. Fisher sure as hell can't.

There's no doubt that Harbaugh helped Smith big time. But the fact is, that team was loaded with talent already, good players on offense and a defense as good as any in the league. My point is that Smith (and Kap) were beneficiaries of all the talent around them in SF. Is the coach important? No doubt, but the difference in talent as far as a team like SF a few years ago vs Cleveland now is through the roof. You're right that Jackson had Campbell looking pretty good, but it's not like he was leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of his career. Campbell was always a decent QB, but it's not like he was about to become the next big thing. Our argument comes down to coach vs talent on the team. Jackson may be a great fit for RGIII, but how much good is that going to do if the guy doesn't have any help around him? The Rams beat up on teams like the Seahawks and the Cardinals in the NFC West last year with garbage at the QB position. If I was someone like RGIII it would just seem to make more sense to go to a team that is a QB away from being a contender vs a walking shitshow like Cleveland.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2016, 08:33:26 AM »

There's no doubt that Harbaugh helped Smith big time. But the fact is, that team was loaded with talent already, good players on offense and a defense as good as any in the league. My point is that Smith (and Kap) were beneficiaries of all the talent around them in SF. Is the coach important? No doubt, but the difference in talent as far as a team like SF a few years ago vs Cleveland now is through the roof. You're right that Jackson had Campbell looking pretty good, but it's not like he was leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of his career. Campbell was always a decent QB, but it's not like he was about to become the next big thing. Our argument comes down to coach vs talent on the team. Jackson may be a great fit for RGIII, but how much good is that going to do if the guy doesn't have any help around him? The Rams beat up on teams like the Seahawks and the Cardinals in the NFC West last year with garbage at the QB position. If I was someone like RGIII it would just seem to make more sense to go to a team that is a QB away from being a contender vs a walking shitshow like Cleveland.

I agree with the talent piece. You can't win without talent. But Washington had talent and RGIII still struggled. There are different needs for certain QB's, and RGIII and Kaep both need that coach who believes in them and can help mold them. Even with talent, Kaep and RGIII have shown that the coach is very important. Both lack the leadership quality right now to lead an offense. This is important, as when you are lacking a true OC and you are lacking an offensive coach, the QB becomes the leader. This bold well for a Manning, or a Brady (Belichick always being a DC). But say you're a Drew Brees and you just left a bad situation in San Diego; going to a place like New Orleans where a QB Guru like Sean Payton is waiting is very important. Then eventually the QB develops as a leader and when Payton was suspended Brees was able to pick up that leadership role because he was developed. What RGIII needs is that Payton like coach, and Jackson is there. The talent may not be there now, but if Cleveland can invest in an OL, RGIII and Jackson can turn it around. Jackson will have RGIII looking much better, and even if RGIII leaves Cleveland, he'll leave Cleveland knowing what he needs and a much better QB.

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2016, 11:18:05 AM »
Yeah San Fran had talent. After there starts left, receivers were dropping balls like no tommorow ect. But the real threat is Elway. He has made it clear he wanted kaep. There is no secret bout that. Denver has talent coming off a superbowl win. But I want to see kaep claim LA run that town for all its worth. Elway is clearly one of the best there is

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2016, 11:21:01 AM »
As I said, it's better to go with a rookie QB than Kaep or RGIII. Kaep and RGIII need rehabilitation. Or it's better to trade for Kaep, fire Fisher and hire a QB friendly coach. A QB friendly coach could turn it all around, and management needs to beef up the line.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2016, 11:37:49 AM »
And it looks like Cleveland just pulled off a trade to get a lot more picks and talent on their team, and to go with that not draft a QB to challenge RGIII in the first round. So with that said, they are clearly putting all their chips in RGIII and they look to want to build around him with a coach who seems to be invested in him.

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2016, 12:25:11 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sq4DlW8v0lQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sq4DlW8v0lQ</a>