Author Topic: Former Dogg Pound Member: "Dre' screwed me on getting credit"  (Read 1097 times)

abusive

Former Dogg Pound Member Emanuel Dean details not getting credit for making "Gin and Juice" and "Snoop Doggy Dogg on the second day he met Dr.Dre.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

bouli77

Re: Former Dogg Pound Member: "Dre' screwed me on getting credit"
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 06:52:29 AM »
To my knowledge, he wasn't a Dogg Pound member, just a producer who used to occasionally work with them (he co-produced Reality on Dogg Food)

Thanks for the link, it's old though isn't it ? I think it was on the DPG Eulogy DVD which came out some time around 2003.

Okka

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 07:27:19 AM »
Yeah this is from "DPG Eulogy". This was posted on Daz' Youtube channel. I thought he and Dre were cool now. Why would he try to fuck it up again?

abusive

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 07:48:16 AM »
He dropped a video last week too talking about how Dre took credit for one of his beats. I personally don't see anything wrong with speaking the truth ever.

Okka

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 07:53:25 AM »
He dropped a video last week too talking about how Dre took credit for one of his beats. I personally don't see anything wrong with speaking the truth ever.

Yeah, me neither, but i doubt that Dr. Dre will like it :D

abusive

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 08:01:02 AM »
^I look at it like this Okka: If you tell me that I stink, I can get mad that you told me or I can go and take a shower.

Matty

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 10:48:07 AM »
gin & juice is widely regarded as a classic.

so what other hit records his this chap created?

Mietek23

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 11:05:41 AM »
gin & juice is widely regarded as a classic.

so what other hit records his this chap created?

I don't think saying he "created" them is right - he played keys and other stuff in Gin & Juice and What's My Name, so all he can brag about is being a co-producer and not the "mastermind" behind those records, like he thinks judging from that video. Yes, it was fucked up he didn't recieved his credit (a lot of in-house producers @ Death Row got that threatment), but he needed Dre to turn that beat into magic more (and opposite).

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 11:59:25 AM »
a session player.....he played the keys. even he says dre made the beat. maybe deserved more money, but not production credit.

WestSideDon

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 12:48:02 PM »
I dont know why so many people still dont get the difference between "beatmakers"/"session players" and an actual producer.
All the different instruments like the guitars, drum machine, horns etc. are obviously played by guitar players etc. but the producer actually takes all those little pieces/elements and forms a whole song out of them, sequencing everything and creatin a structure there. I doubt that for example one of the piano players from dres studio musicians would be able to make a whole song. Still everybody who played an instrument should also be credited.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 02:13:08 PM »
I dont know why so many people still dont get the difference between "beatmakers"/"session players" and an actual producer.
All the different instruments like the guitars, drum machine, horns etc. are obviously played by guitar players etc. but the producer actually takes all those little pieces/elements and forms a whole song out of them, sequencing everything and creatin a structure there. I doubt that for example one of the piano players from dres studio musicians would be able to make a whole song. Still everybody who played an instrument should also be credited.

money

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 01:16:39 PM »

money

So Dre used Emanuel Dean for the keyboards on The Chronic, and he used Scott Storch for The Chronic 2000. Scott Storch actually played keyboards on 7,8 songs on 2001, but only gets credit as a co-producer on Still Dre. However, if u have talent u can make more than 2 hits, and thats the difference between Scott Storch and this other porkshop!! Lets be real about the situation. Its and honour to be a part of Dr Dres production team, but what you do with your life is up to you!!
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Okka

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 08:45:35 AM »

money

So Dre used Emanuel Dean for the keyboards on The Chronic, and he used Scott Storch for The Chronic 2000. Scott Storch actually played keyboards on 7,8 songs on 2001, but only gets credit as a co-producer on Still Dre. However, if u have talent u can make more than 2 hits, and thats the difference between Scott Storch and this other porkshop!! Lets be real about the situation. Its and honour to be a part of Dr Dres production team, but what you do with your life is up to you!!

Actually Scott Storch isn't credited as a co-producer on "Still D.R.E."

abusive

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 06:45:17 PM »

money

Actually Scott Storch isn't credited as a co-producer on "Still D.R.E."

Which is why most people think that Dre did the keys.

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 07:24:12 PM »
Storch shoulda been credited as a session player ., was he?