Author Topic: DJ Quik Is Back in the Studio With Suga Free  (Read 698 times)

OmegaRed

DJ Quik Is Back in the Studio With Suga Free
« on: May 11, 2016, 05:36:24 AM »
We need your help.....

Looking for latest content ----->
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAkQem5MWo3cuhdIOPQEaeQ/videos
 www.insomiacmagazine.com

OmegaRed

Re: DJ Quik Is Back in the Studio With Suga Free
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 05:37:52 AM »
DJ Quik just dropped his Rosecrans EP with Problem last month, but the producer is already back in the studio and with familiar friends at that. “Okay, My fans asked and so today in the studio: @SugaFreeWisdom,” Quik wrote on Instagram on Monday (May 9).

Quik produced Suga Free’s debut album Street Gospel in 1997, with the two collaborating frequently throughout the early 2000s. Quik followed up that initial IG post, what was simply an image of a keyboard, with a video with Suga Free ripping out pages from his book of rhymes. “This Guy is ‘Everything’ in the studio. @sugafreewisdom is a GEEnius,” he captioned the video. In it, Suga is his typically animated self, saying as he tears out pages from his spiral notebooks, “This all game. One after the other. And I don’t even write no more.”

The Instagram posts come just a few weeks after DJ Quik offered comment on Kanye West’s The Life of Pablo, saying first, “So his celebrity supersedes his talent right now? Yes. C’mon, he’s a Kardashian now.” He later clarified his comment saying, “We love good music and just lately, you know, his music hasn’t been lighting my fire. And I’m a fan” and “I expected something better with all the hype that was behind it…whatever the backlash is, I’m just being honest. I gotta be true to myself.”

Perhaps Quik was inspired to produce something better himself and linked back up with old pal Suga Free. From the looks of the above video, those in the studio at the time were enjoying themselves, and time will tell if there is any musical outcome from the session.
We need your help.....

www.insomiacmagazine.com

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 08:06:40 AM »
This is cool, but I'm done with getting my hopes up when I see these types of things.  I want music released, I'm tired of waiting!

OmegaRed

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 08:24:30 AM »
the need to lock they asses in the studio and make sure this gets done.
We need your help.....

www.insomiacmagazine.com

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 09:05:50 AM »
the need to lock they asses in the studio and make sure this gets done.

Quik's just so wishy washy.  One day he likes Suga Free, next day he doesn't.  One day he wants to do a Suga Free album, next day he wants to leave the past behind him and focus on new acts.  Like I just hope this time he puts some music out before Quik changes his mind again.  Been waiting for Street Gospel II for years.  Sure they already have tons of songs in the vault ready to go, just need Quik to give them his OK.   

B.A.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 01:48:55 PM »
I wonder what the real issue is between them two? I mean it ain't no secret that everybody wants them to do more music together, a whole album, an ep, a song, whatever. Everyone knows how they get down together, 9 times outta 10 it's the shit! So what's the hold up? Then out of nowhere Quik drops an EP with Problems ass...I don't remember anybody ever being like, "I wish Quik and that nigga Problem would work on some shit together". Not trying to talk shit about Problem, he's cooo, but if it woulda been a Quik and Free EP it would been a WHOLE nother story. Is it that they're both too busy, old problems they can't get over or what? They remind me of Dre and Snoop, a perfect match but never get back together all the way and drop "that album" that most people agree would have the potential to be CLASSIC.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Matty

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 04:45:48 AM »
This is cool, but I'm done with getting my hopes up when I see these types of things.  I want music released, I'm tired of waiting!

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 08:00:17 AM »
I wonder what the real issue is between them two? I mean it ain't no secret that everybody wants them to do more music together, a whole album, an ep, a song, whatever. Everyone knows how they get down together, 9 times outta 10 it's the shit! So what's the hold up? Then out of nowhere Quik drops an EP with Problems ass...I don't remember anybody ever being like, "I wish Quik and that nigga Problem would work on some shit together". Not trying to talk shit about Problem, he's cooo, but if it woulda been a Quik and Free EP it would been a WHOLE nother story. Is it that they're both too busy, old problems they can't get over or what? They remind me of Dre and Snoop, a perfect match but never get back together all the way and drop "that album" that most people agree would have the potential to be CLASSIC.

Totally agree, I have no issue with Problem.  I personally don't care for his style, but that's irrelevant.  Out of all the people the fans have been begging for Quik to do some songs with, Problem wasn't even a blip on the radar.  At least Quik manages to put at least one Suga Free guest spot on his last few albums.  That's better than nothing I suppose. 

dnjp4life

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 01:28:06 PM »
They need to be working on the collaboration album thats been touted for a while now.

Does anyone remember last year when that rough copy of The Game's 'Quik's Groove' dropped and it had that funky as hell beat playing before it with Suga Free adlibs on it?  If Quik and Free are working on something, that beat better be used.

Chef_YRD

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 07:23:40 PM »
They need to be working on the collaboration album thats been touted for a while now.

Does anyone remember last year when that rough copy of The Game's 'Quik's Groove' dropped and it had that funky as hell beat playing before it with Suga Free adlibs on it?  If Quik and Free are working on something, that beat better be used.

My dawg....yes I remember that that beat was so dope it might've been better than the whole track TBH...I could hear free alllll over that
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 08:13:35 AM »
On the released "Quik's Groove" track, sure sounds like that was meant to be a Suga Free/Quik collabo.  The way Game raps and the verse structure, I can tell Suga Free definitely wrote it, if not rapped it.  Wonder if there's a version out there with Quik and Free, and it was sitting in the vaults for a while, Quick pulled it out and replaced Suga Free with Game and Game basically just rapped the exact same verse Suga Free did on the original.