Author Topic: Daz Dillinger: "Dr.Dre is the greatest producer of all time"  (Read 2155 times)

abusive

Daz says Dre is the greatest producer of all time. He learned how to program drums from Warren G. And Dr. Dre showed him how to fill up the entire track with different music. He says "he learned a lot from Dr. Dre" and he feels he's the second best Hiphop producer of all time. Fans love songs that he's done with "Tupac"like "I ain't mad at you" and "I got my mind made up" and "ambitionz of a ryda". Others enjoy the beats he's done on Snoop Dogg's album. "It really feels good when you getting the money from publishing".
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Daz Dillinger: "Dr.Dre is the greatest producer of all time"
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 08:31:11 PM »
I don't think Daz was being hyperbolic in saying that he should be right up there as one of the greatest rap producers of all time as "Dre's right arm".   I would put him there.  Best rap producers of all time...

1.  Dre
2.  Daz
3.  Warren G
4.  Johnny J
5.  Dj Quik
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:53:10 PM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

johnnie360

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 10:04:55 PM »
Well everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Quik for sure ranks way up there. To me Daz is a great producer when he has help. I was just listening to Dogg Food today, and Dre surely had his hands all over that album. RR&GB- Soopafly, This life I lead- Mike Dean. What has he produced beyond those that are really stellar examples of solid and consistent production that would be worthy of being called the greatest of all time? Not to take anything away from Daz,  but to me someone like Battlecat could contend for that spot. Daz has had some great classic production, but hes really just a beat maker who needs the actual greats to make him great. Almost all of his product for the past 13 years has been low budget, terribly mixed, and consistently poor quality. Littered throughout 20-30 releases over the years you would be lucky to find a 3 disc set of classic material. You never hear about any artists enlisting Daz to record their whole album, or even part of it. People like Quik and dre make the album what it is, make the artist shine.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:11:11 PM by suspect#1 »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 12:47:15 AM »
Well everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Quik for sure ranks way up there. To me Daz is a great producer when he has help. I was just listening to Dogg Food today, and Dre surely had his hands all over that album. RR&GB- Soopafly, This life I lead- Mike Dean. What has he produced beyond those that are really stellar examples of solid and consistent production that would be worthy of being called the greatest of all time? Not to take anything away from Daz,  but to me someone like Battlecat could contend for that spot. Daz has had some great classic production, but hes really just a beat maker who needs the actual greats to make him great. Almost all of his product for the past 13 years has been low budget, terribly mixed, and consistently poor quality. Littered throughout 20-30 releases over the years you would be lucky to find a 3 disc set of classic material. You never hear about any artists enlisting Daz to record their whole album, or even part of it. People like Quik and dre make the album what it is, make the artist shine.
  To be fair.  I can't knock the "help" aspect of it because very few producers are just producing whole records by themselves.  If he's recruiting the likes of Soopafly, Mike Dean, or Ivan Johnson, that's what the business is but to be a great producer, you need to be elevating what is brought to you.  I don't knock the co-producer aspect of it as long as the quality is there.  You may have something of a point with the whole argument about Daz not really producing whole albums.  You put Dre or Quik in charge of overseeing a project and there is a definite production standard, whether they are the guy on the boards on every track or not. I can recall Daz doing a whole album on Kurupt back in like 2006 or 2007 when they were getting back together and it wasn't that it was wack but that cohesive Dogg Pound sound wasn't quite what it had been.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 01:23:50 AM »
Daz has done a lot in the beginning of the 90's for the westcoast but I wouldn't rank him in my top 10 producers of all time...

johnnie360

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 10:47:11 AM »
  To be fair.  I can't knock the "help" aspect of it because very few producers are just producing whole records by themselves.  If he's recruiting the likes of Soopafly, Mike Dean, or Ivan Johnson, that's what the business is but to be a great producer, you need to be elevating what is brought to you.  I don't knock the co-producer aspect of it as long as the quality is there.  You may have something of a point with the whole argument about Daz not really producing whole albums.  You put Dre or Quik in charge of overseeing a project and there is a definite production standard, whether they are the guy on the boards on every track or not. I can recall Daz doing a whole album on Kurupt back in like 2006 or 2007 when they were getting back together and it wasn't that it was wack but that cohesive Dogg Pound sound wasn't quite what it had been.

I feel what you're saying, and I do agree. It does take a team effort usually to make something great. Daz has done it, but not in a very long time. I think my main complaint is all  the wasted opportunities with all the garbage albums full of filler.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 11:50:30 AM »
why would u even post this? wasnt your whole initiative to prove dre steals beats? this pretty much puts a huge dent in that argument, considerin daz was a major proponent in that debate.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 11:51:39 AM »
I don't think Daz was being hyperbolic in saying that he should be right up there as one of the greatest rap producers of all time as "Dre's right arm".   I would put him there.  Best rap producers of all time...

1.  Dre
2.  Daz
3.  Warren G
4.  Johnny J
5.  Dj Quik

quik is number 2

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 11:52:53 AM »

dre ghostproduced at least half of dogg food

Jimmy H.

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »
  If Dre helped out Daz with a good chunk of Dogg Food, it's still a Daz-produced project to me.  Like I said before, I don't really nitpick with the co-producer aspect of it all because in those Death Row days, the studios were filled with some of the most brilliant artists of the era, the producer isn't necessarily the guy who creates every idea and builds every beat from scratch but he has to be the overseer of it all, taking the best pieces of what is being offered and elevating them to the very best of what they can be.  Dre has done that, time and again, with not just songs but the development of albums and artists.  Daz has made some great records but I'd like to know why when Dre left, Doggfather and Chronic 2000 were not the kind of albums that had that vibe.  You still had a solid stable of producers over there. 

abusive

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 12:17:25 PM »
why would u even post this? wasnt your whole initiative to prove dre steals beats? this pretty much puts a huge dent in that argument, considerin daz was a major proponent in that debate.
*Not this foolish mortal again!*
This appeared on my youtube subscribe time line the other day. I routinely post West Coast related material and have posted past Daz commentary from the same channel. Why wouldn't I post it?

No, my whole initiative wasn't to prove that Dre steals beats. That's just what the irrational Stan in you wanted to read. It's actually pretty pathetic that that's the only thing you walked away with from the various convos we had on the subject. Like I said before, discussing Dre having ghost producing and the overall subject of what a producer is, past discrepancies in credits etc. isn't a personal attack on Dre as you perceived it to be.

Actually this does fit part of my argument though. If you are paying attention Daz is saying that Dre doesn't do the music, he just adds his input to better what's there. That's something that I've already said. Dre would get someone to come in and play the bassline or play the pianos. Others do the beats, play the music, he doesn't play any instruments as far as I know. My overall point was the industry practice of others getting the credit/monies for the music that others make while downplaying their role is not fair and it's part of the antiquated music business system.

Put the "Moon Rocks" down and pay attention bbq butt.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:01:16 PM by abusive »
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

johnnie360

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 12:56:53 PM »
Just my opinion. I think everyone agrees that dre, quik, daz ect are all better when they have a team effort going. I think the difference is guys like quik and dre are what make others better, while others are what make daz better.

FernandoWCR

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 09:19:50 AM »

1.  Dre
2.  Daz
3.  Warren G
4.  Johnny J
5.  Dj Quik

That is an excellent list for someone who's never been to California. Well played.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 02:14:09 PM »
  If Dre helped out Daz with a good chunk of Dogg Food, it's still a Daz-produced project to me.  Like I said before, I don't really nitpick with the co-producer aspect of it all because in those Death Row days, the studios were filled with some of the most brilliant artists of the era, the producer isn't necessarily the guy who creates every idea and builds every beat from scratch but he has to be the overseer of it all, taking the best pieces of what is being offered and elevating them to the very best of what they can be.  Dre has done that, time and again, with not just songs but the development of albums and artists.  Daz has made some great records but I'd like to know why when Dre left, Doggfather and Chronic 2000 were not the kind of albums that had that vibe.  You still had a solid stable of producers over there. 

Because, like I said, Dre ghost produced dogg food .. Best believe he was the overseer of joints like respect, let's play house, etc (pretty much any joint off the album wit that signature Dre sound)

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 02:19:50 PM »
*Not this foolish mortal again!*
This appeared on my youtube subscribe time line the other day. I routinely post West Coast related material and have posted past Daz commentary from the same channel. Why wouldn't I post it?

No, my whole initiative wasn't to prove that Dre steals beats. That's just what the irrational Stan in you wanted to read. It's actually pretty pathetic that that's the only thing you walked away with from the various convos we had on the subject. Like I said before, discussing Dre having ghost producing and the overall subject of what a producer is, past discrepancies in credits etc. isn't a personal attack on Dre as you perceived it to be.

Actually this does fit part of my argument though. If you are paying attention Daz is saying that Dre doesn't do the music, he just adds his input to better what's there. That's something that I've already said. Dre would get someone to come in and play the bassline or play the pianos. Others do the beats, play the music, he doesn't play any instruments as far as I know. My overall point was the industry practice of others getting the credit/monies for the music that others make while downplaying their role is not fair and it's part of the antiquated music business system.

Put the "Moon Rocks" down and pay attention bbq butt.

No one is out to hurt your feelings, relax wit the homosexually themed feminine insults brodie "bbq butt" lmao smh .. Daz was sayin Dre showed him how to lay the bass on tracks ..so now u claimin that Dre has other people do all the music, when daz is sayin he learned many musical aspects of production from Dre .. Jus like Daz, you contradictin yourself, time n time again .. Your initiative is clear, as someone who's beats can really use a Dre, u should understand just how much Dre does for the music as well as for the entire construction of the music.