Author Topic: Daz Dillinger: "Dr.Dre is the greatest producer of all time"  (Read 2153 times)

Funkstradamus

Re: Daz Dillinger: "Dr.Dre is the greatest producer of all time"
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 11:34:19 AM »
Best Westcoast producers of all-time IMO:

01. Dr. Dre
02. DJ Quik
03. Battlecat
04. Daz
05. Warren G.
06. Terrace Martin
07. Studio Ton
08. Big Hutch
09. Mike Mosley & Sam Bostic
10. EA-Ski
11. Ant Banks
12. Moe-Z MD
13. DJ Pooh
14. DJ Slip
15. Johnny J.
16. DJ Muggs
17. Focus
18. Erotic D
19. Tha Chill
20. Sir Jinx
21. Soopafly
22. Rhyme Syndicate

« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 11:40:19 AM by Giant Lyfe »

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2016, 02:55:22 PM »

01. Dr. Dre
02. DJ Quik
03. Battlecat
04. Daz
05. Warren G.
06. Terrace Martin
07. Studio Ton
08. Big Hutch
10. EA-Ski
11. Ant Banks
12. Moe-Z MD
13. DJ Pooh
14. DJ Slip
15. Johnny J.
16. DJ Muggs
17. Focus
18. Erotic D
19. Tha Chill
20. Sir Jinx
21. Soopafly
22. Rhyme Syndicate

What makes somebody a "westcoast" producer?
Some of those are not even from the westcoast.
If you just made a list of producers who worked with a lotta westcoast people than FredWreck should be at least top 5.. PEB Rocks (producer for Piper, Game, Spider Loc, G. Malone) and Blackjack deserve to be on that list as well. So do Will.I.Am and Scoop Deville.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 05:19:08 PM »

01. Dr. Dre
02. DJ Quik
03. Battlecat
04. Daz
05. Warren G.
06. Terrace Martin
07. Studio Ton
08. Big Hutch
10. EA-Ski
11. Ant Banks
12. Moe-Z MD
13. DJ Pooh
14. DJ Slip
15. Johnny J.
16. DJ Muggs
17. Focus
18. Erotic D
19. Tha Chill
20. Sir Jinx
21. Soopafly
22. Rhyme Syndicate

No Fredwreck, khayree, phonk beta?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 06:37:01 PM »
I don't think Daz was being hyperbolic in saying that he should be right up there as one of the greatest rap producers of all time as "Dre's right arm".   I would put him there.  Best rap producers of all time...

1.  Dre
2.  Daz
3.  Warren G
4.  Johnny J
5.  Dj Quik

I'm assuming you mean best rap producers from the West. But either way no fuckin way is Daz 2. And Warren G better than Quik?

Top 5 would have to be

1. Dre
2. Quik

^ not even debatable

3. Battlecat
4. Fred Wreck

^ interchangeable. I was always more of a fan of Fred tho because of his futuristic sound which I still don't think has been matched

5. Toss up between Jelly Roll / Khalil / Rick Rock / Alchemist

Daz can't be top 5 based off a 2-3 year run (especially when you have to give Dre and DJ Quik credit for some of his best work). If thats the case I can argue Meech is top 5 based on his Dogg House days.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 08:35:56 PM »
Siccraised macado

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 08:44:06 PM »

Daz can't be top 5 based off a 2-3 year run (especially when you have to give Dre and DJ Quik credit for some of his best work). If thats the case I can argue Meech is top 5 based on his Dogg House days.

lol@comparing Meach to Daz because of his work in the Dogg House days.  When you talk about shit like "Ambitionz of a Ridah", "2 of America's Most Wanted" and "I Ain't Mad At Cha" Daz work on the Chronic and Doggystyle—you are talking about iconic, legendary music.

I love Meach and he helped Snoop's resergence from 99-2001, where Snoop surrounded himself with the right people musically, to get him back in motion again... I thought of puttin Battlecat up there as well, I really wanted someone from that 99-2001 era of Snoop... but never before Daz
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:46:43 PM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 08:48:02 PM »
esham is a better producer than dre or daz

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 10:32:20 PM »

lol@comparing Meach to Daz because of his work in the Dogg House days.  When you talk about shit like "Ambitionz of a Ridah", "2 of America's Most Wanted" and "I Ain't Mad At Cha" Daz work on the Chronic and Doggystyle—you are talking about iconic, legendary music.

And like I said - all 3 of those records had Quik's hands all over them as well. Daz was a great drum programmer and he made some epic street shit (ex: Whatcha Talkin About) but if 2Pac had used beats like "Go Away", "My Heat Goes Boom", or "Now Is the Time" - they would probably be considered legendary music too.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 10:40:17 PM »
I don't think Daz was being hyperbolic in saying that he should be right up there as one of the greatest rap producers of all time as "Dre's right arm".   I would put him there.  Best rap producers of all time...

1.  Dre
2.  Daz
3.  Warren G
4.  Johnny J
5.  Dj Quik

I'm assuming you mean best rap producers from the West. But either way no fuckin way is Daz 2. And Warren G better than Quik?

Top 5 would have to be

1. Dre
2. Quik

^ not even debatable

3. Battlecat
4. Fred Wreck

^ interchangeable. I was always more of a fan of Fred tho because of his futuristic sound which I still don't think has been matched

5. Toss up between Jelly Roll / Khalil / Rick Rock / Alchemist

I would say pretty much the same except Rick Rock is #5 for sure for me

1. Dr. Dre
2. DJ Quik
3. Fredwreck
4. Battlecat
5. Rick Rock

realmuthafuckingeez

• Lil Geezy
Re: "Dr.Dre is the greatest musical fraud of all time"
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2016, 05:09:43 PM »
dres only talent is that abilty to find good musicians/samples, steal their work, take all the credit and fool people into believin hes some kind of god producer. if thats what makes you the great, then he's the greatest.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2016, 11:00:08 PM »
dres only talent is that abilty to find good musicians/samples, steal their work, take all the credit and fool people into believin hes some kind of god producer. if thats what makes you the great, then he's the greatest.

look at abusive over here, tryna be slick wit the alias

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2016, 12:30:03 AM »

LOOK AT EMOLIOR OVER HERE, TRYNA BE SLICK WITH THE IP CHECKIN'

u sick from the dick.. or is it the flu??

dexter

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2016, 12:40:29 PM »

Goy

realmuthafuckingeez

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2016, 06:27:49 PM »

no aliases. just somebody who aint on dres dick , i dont care for washed up womenbeaters who shill shitty headphones and rip off other people work. i'm not trying to be abusive, i'm just somebody who thinks pac got it right on toss it up.

Goy

wat

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2016, 12:50:38 AM »

no aliases. just somebody who aint on dres dick , i dont care for washed up womenbeaters who shill shitty headphones and rip off other people work. i'm not trying to be abusive, i'm just somebody who thinks pac got it right on toss it up.

Goy

wat

oh, so u one of those....got ya.