Author Topic: DPG/2pac "THUG POUND" album - **DL LINK**Reel Mixes, DAT Mixes + more  (Read 2535 times)

Efrain

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry this took so long. I really wanted to have this up a month or two ago but I've been so busy and there were one or two songs I wasn't happy with. On the tentative track list I posted some songs were changed. Here's what I have for ya (along with breakdowns)

01-eastside_party_DAT_mixdown (snoop)
This seems to be a demo or alternate version of Snoop's "Eastisde Party" from the "At his best" Death Row album and Doggfather sessions. The DAT that leaked was essentially just a straight studio recording with zero post production. It was the instrumental featured in this mix and Snoop's vocal track (one, mixed). I was able to isolate Nate's vocals and process them separately, layering them over Snoop's vocals--who's also needed work. The instrumental was doctored to give it some exuberance. You'll notice this track begins with the same odd 2pac vocals that the retail version of the song begins with. For years people wondered why the song began with 2pac shouting something that wasn't even understandable. This leaked DAT didn't have that 2pac clip, it's actually from (coincidentally) the "Initiated" reel, also cut from the LP version of that song. Listen to the end of "Initiated" below, you'll hear the source of this strange and seemingly random 2pac vocal.

02-eastside_party_DAT_mixdown (dpg)
The second vocal track on this DAT. Has Daz and Tray Deee filling in for Snoop on the first and third verse. Only difference here is I extended the 2pac vocal intro in the beginning.

03-every_single_day_daz_version_reel_mixdown_(LP)
My mixdown from the leaked 24 track reel comprising 90% of the elements on the reel. I left off several ad-lib/effect tracks and muted several portions of the hook to accommodate everyone without feeling overwhelming.

04-every_single_day_daz_version_reel_mixdown_(inst)
Instrumental version of above.

05-every_single_day_daz_version_reel_mixdown_(alt)
My mix. Dropped the electric guitar track, played with some of the ad-libs, added DOC in the intro.  

06-monique_(feat. soopafly)_(LP)
This was a released song of Wide Awake's failed 25-to-life compilation series (vol.2) that largely when unnoticed. Not a bad little song, thought I'd throw it on here to mix it up.

07-initiated_reel_mixdown_(LP)
My mixdown of the 24 track master reel of initiated. This contains almost all of the retail elements of the song however two or three adlib vocal tracks aren't present, so you'll notice some differences (ex. Daz's verse doesn't start with "... year motherfucker!"). Of course since I mixed each tracks differently, it sounds different than the retail. Also, as mentioned above the song runs slightly longer with unheard 2pac ad-libs (that randomly ended up on the retail version of Snoop's "Eastside Party")

08-just_watching_remastered
Unreleased 2pac and DPG track I worked over pretty good. Not going to get much better than that.  

09-NY87_reel_mixdown_mix_1_(LP)
My mixdown of the 24 track reel. I made some decisions here to leave out elements and ad-libs on the reel that I didn't feel were good in the song. 2pac also apparently recorded his verse after this song was put to tape, so the song had to be extended to accommodate him. I added a lot of beat drops and other things. Sounds great.  

10-NY87_reel_mixdown_mix_2_(no_shake)
Same as above but without the shaker track. Sounds similar to the Retail DPG version.

11-NY87_reel_mixdown_mix_3_(alt_after_hours_mix)
Similar but it uses a different rhode track. Alternate mix.

12-untitled_reel_mixdown_(vocal)
My mix of the untitled instrumental found on the 24 track reel that had ESD and NY87. This song was just an instrumental, so I re-worked the 2pac and Dogg Pound "Don't Stop" vocals and layered them over. Fits great. You can also finally hear Kurupt's hidden verse (not on retail version of "Don't Stop") over a beat. Gives the song a lighter vibe.

13-untitled_reel_mixdown_(inst)
Same as above but instrumental version.

14-war_games_vocal_reel_mixdown_(alt)
This is my mix of the 2pac reel "war games", though not full we do have most of the vocals. I put it over an old Daz produced Lady of Rage remix from their Death Row days. So here you have 2pac "war games" produced by Daz... mixed by me : )

There is some fun stuff in here. Definitely some good summer songs (Eastside Party, Every Single Day, untitled, etc). Sorry again for the delay on this, hope you enjoy!

Link:
MEGA
Code: [Select]
https://mega.nz/#!b1Q2HQwA!qTFidUEh7EmCt4HgjOGxrC9toO7rce7M2okVQ7_4ImE
Link:
Mediafire
Code: [Select]
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ibb77ns1683bnub/dubcnn2016.rar  

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 08:19:26 AM by Efrain »

seanjohn

• Lil Geezy
Thanks, gonna check this out now

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

propz eff gonna check this out  8)

Inferio07

Thanx Efrain, u made my day bro!!!!!!!
Appreciate your work!!!!!

Paolo

Thanx Efrain it's dope !! as always good works  :) 8)

MOON KNIGHT

Thank You Efrain!!!!

MR. CROOKS

• Lil Geezy
  • F**** TRUMP
This mix u got here iz killer!!!
Overstood than understood

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DPG/2pac "THUG POUND" album - **DL LINK**Reel Mixes, DAT Mixes + more
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 07:51:56 AM »
Thank you yet again. Looking forward to playing this tonight.

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 09:39:29 AM »
Thank you yet again. Looking forward to playing this tonight.

Preach

Mietek23

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 12:19:51 PM »
Efrain killed it again :)

Propz bro and check yo pm 8)

woof

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 03:25:26 PM »
Thanks a lot !! Enjoying this right now, the War Games remix is very nice  8)

machete

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 05:19:57 PM »
props you did it again

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 06:14:40 PM »
Thanks efrain!  Will check tonight im sure its quality work!

Efrain

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 07:42:10 PM »
Efrain something is wrong with rar archive  .  it comes up 0 everytime I download it and won't open

Just gave it a try, worked for me. Try opening it and extracting them song by song.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 01:18:52 AM »
Very nice. Thanks Efrain.  8)