Author Topic: Lil Yachty Can’t Name Five Songs by 2Pac or The Notorious B.I.G.  (Read 820 times)

Save_uS_aerroc

• Lil Geezy
this piece of shit clone smh

There’s no doubt about it. Lil Yachty is doing this whole hip-hop thing his own way. The 19-year-old Atlanta export and 2016 XXL Freshman admits to not knowing his hip-hop history—and he’s fine with that.

Lil Boat sat down with Billboard recently as one of their spotlight artists for their fall preview feature and straight up admitted to not knowing 2Pac and Notorious B.I.G.‘s music. In the report, he tells the mag he “honestly couldn’t name five songs” from the rap legends.

“But if I’m doing this my way and making all this money,” Yachty reasons, “why should I do it how everybody says it’s supposed to be done?”

Although this may be appalling news to some hip-hop heads, Yachty could easily blame this ignorance on his age. At just 19, Lil Boat wasn’t even born by the time ‘Pac and Biggie died in ’96 and ’97. And being a baby of the Internet age, Lil Boat grew up on the sounds of Lil B and Kid Cudi rather than anything from the golden age. When XXL spoke to Yachty for his 2016 Freshman feature interview, the red-haired rapper claimed his early inspirations to be Lil B, Kid Cudi and Soulja Boy.

“I know the first day of high school
 I wore a ‘Thank you, Based God’ shirt. Because I wore uniforms in school so I couldn’t wait to wear my own clothes and show off.”

And let’s keep in mind, this new soundbite comes on the heels of Yachty admitting serious rap puts him to sleep. The self-proclaimed “King of the Teens” is much more concerned with representing the next generation.

“I’ve found myself,” says Yachty later in the Billboard interview. “I’m like the youth’s big brother now. I have to be that voice for them.

GangstaBoogy

Re: Lil Yachty Can’t Name Five Songs by 2Pac or The Notorious B.I.G.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 10:48:17 PM »
All those xxl 2016 kids are trash. But to be fair, he wasn't even born when Pac & BIG died. Can't fault him for that.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

DRGNBLZN

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 11:56:31 PM »
Not that it even matters that much if you think about it anyway but at least he's honest.

SuperSpider

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 11:25:14 AM »
A-F-R-O wasn't born around that time either, but see how he turned out. In any trade/craft, not knowing the most important figures that laid the groundwork and kept the whole thing moving and progressing throughout the years means you doom yourself in the business imo. I'm not saying that you need to follow the predecessor's path, but you need to be familiar with it.

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 07:54:27 AM »
All those xxl 2016 kids are trash. But to be fair, he wasn't even born when Pac & BIG died. Can't fault him for that.

clearly you never heard Dave East or G Herbo then lol only 2 good spitters on that cover

Anderson Paak was cool but then again you hate on everything that had to do with the Compton album

SuperSpider

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 11:44:34 AM »

clearly you never heard Dave East or G Herbo then lol only 2 good spitters on that cover

Anderson Paak was cool but then again you hate on everything that had to do with the Compton album

Dave East is a great artist, but G Herbo has been trash for a couple years now, long before he changed his name even  ???

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 07:55:13 PM »

Dave East is a great artist, but G Herbo has been trash for a couple years now, long before he changed his name even  ???

Herb goes hard, Ballin Like I'm Kobe was one of the best mixtapes of last year and Welcome To Fazoland was raw too.. him and Lil Bibby are the best dudes out of Chicago in years as far as street rappers

I can understand if his flow can be a little eh on some occasions or if what he's saying goes over dudes' heads but there's no way you can call him trash lol that attributes people like Yachty, Uzi, Young Thug, etc.

Lucifuge

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 04:26:08 AM »
Whos giva a fuck? Why people make storys of it. His choice is what music he makes or lisiten.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Jome

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 07:36:22 AM »
Well, who gives a shit? This dude wasn't even born when Pac died and he was 5 months old when BIG died.. (yes, I checked it up, lol)
Disclaimer: Yes yes, it's good to know your history and all that, but let's face it; a lot of young dudes don't give a fuck about history, regardless if it's relevant to them or not.
At 19, you're basically still a kid, and checking for the old legends usually isn't on top of the priority list.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 11:46:51 AM »

I heard the song Dave East did with Game. He was nice, I plan on checkin out more of his shit.

And I don't "hate on" that Compton album. I personally didn't like it that much and just find it annoying that people feel obligated to defend that album to the death. It's like muhfuckas can't have their own opinion on this forum without people getting offended.

Blood$

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 03:27:37 PM »
Well, who gives a shit? This dude wasn't even born when Pac died and he was 5 months old when BIG died.. (yes, I checked it up, lol)
Disclaimer: Yes yes, it's good to know your history and all that, but let's face it; a lot of young dudes don't give a fuck about history, regardless if it's relevant to them or not.
At 19, you're basically still a kid, and checking for the old legends usually isn't on top of the priority list.

there's rappers out that are his age or younger and they pay their homage, this kid is just a disrespectful little shit that's already corrupting minds of young listeners with his garbage music and encouraging them to not give a fuck about who paved the way and who actually had some talent

Jome

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 04:06:28 PM »

there's rappers out that are his age or younger and they pay their homage, this kid is just a disrespectful little shit that's already corrupting minds of young listeners with his garbage music and encouraging them to not give a fuck about who paved the way and who actually had some talent

Yes, we all know this.. but the new generation is making careers based on sounding like mumbling retards, with the bliss ignorance to match their whole style/delivery/persona, or lack of thereof.
That's why real hiphop heads don't pay kids like this no mind, hell, even his artist name is enough for me to avoid his music like the plague.  :laugh:

For every J.Cole or Big K.R.I.T, there's a 100 Lil Yachtys..  :-X

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 04:42:56 PM »

Yes, we all know this.. but the new generation is making careers based on sounding like mumbling retards, with the bliss ignorance to match their whole style/delivery/persona, or lack of thereof.
That's why real hiphop heads don't pay kids like this no mind, hell, even his artist name is enough for me to avoid his music like the plague.  :laugh:

For every J.Cole or Big K.R.I.T, there's a 100 Lil Yachtys..  :-X

to this day I have never heard one single track from Lil Yachty, just his "freestyle" on Hot 97 lol I don't know what these kids, even if they are young, see in this dude or what they hear in his music but you know how it goes we're all the "haters" here

Blood$

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 04:45:25 PM »

I heard the song Dave East did with Game. He was nice, I plan on checkin out more of his shit.

And I don't "hate on" that Compton album. I personally didn't like it that much and just find it annoying that people feel obligated to defend that album to the death. It's like muhfuckas can't have their own opinion on this forum without people getting offended.

check out Dave East's last project Hate Me Now then if you fucked with that joint, lots of heaters on there with solid production and a few dope features... there's a reason Nas signed him (and also collaborated with him)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 05:07:24 PM »

check out Dave East's last project Hate Me Now then if you fucked with that joint, lots of heaters on there with solid production and a few dope features... there's a reason Nas signed him (and also collaborated with him)

Oh word? I'll check that out.