Author Topic: DPGC-U_Know_What_Im_Throwin_Up-2003-BRZ-Bay2la  (Read 1786 times)

Trauma-san

Re:DPGC-U_Know_What_Im_Throwin_Up-2003-BRZ-Bay2la
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2003, 08:55:44 PM »
DAZ DIDN'T PRODUCE THIS!!!!!!!

you guys are saying daz production skills have fallin off but you really talking about fred wreck, soopafly, and mike smoove

I didn't say he produced it.  I was mainly talking about his flow, listening to the new album I noticed his flow is even better than before.  In the old days, he was a better producer than rapper, now he's a better rapper than producer.  He's produced stuff recently, and I liked the old stuff better.  

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2003, 10:17:09 PM »
DAZ DIDN'T PRODUCE THIS!!!!!!!

you guys are saying daz production skills have fallin off but you really talking about fred wreck, soopafly, and mike smoove

I didn't say he produced it.  I was mainly talking about his flow, listening to the new album I noticed his flow is even better than before.  In the old days, he was a better producer than rapper, now he's a better rapper than producer.  He's produced stuff recently, and I liked the old stuff better.  

ok i thought you guys were saying that the production on this sucked cand thought daz did it.............do you like the beats on here though? i thought they were tight as fuck
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Trauma-san

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2003, 05:17:17 PM »
Yeah, tight for the few songs I've heard, I can't get it on mirc because everything's slammed.  

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2003, 06:12:02 PM »
damn........this album is tight!!! DAZ sounds dope and the beats are tight!!! the track u know what im throwing up is TIGHT!!!! that song is dope!!!
dope beats and dope lyrics!!!! DPGC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2003, 10:03:46 PM »
Lovin this cd. Really feelin the beat to Skirt out for some reason. Probably the whistles. 4/5 if you ask me on the cd overall

Bomb-A®

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2003, 11:01:19 PM »
Ive got till track 11 and its still one hell of
a cd. i like 'all night long' 'aint nuthin but a
gangsta party' (this ryan guy sounds good),
dogg catcha, skirt out and 'u know what...'
all good tracks. but i must say i hate the beat
in round n round we go. cant be daz.
4/5 overall. and i havent heard the best track
yet (i got that fire)

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2003, 08:25:29 AM »
For sure...this album was tight...not my most favourite album this year but good...only couple songs lacked, overall a tite package :)

pZ

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2003, 03:46:50 PM »
i was bumping this today...agree with pretty much what others have stated...5 really dope tracks...5 average...5 shitty..not sure how i would rate it...his second best album behind rr&gb

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2003, 12:53:37 AM »
his second best album behind rr&gb

wait a min...are u saying that this album is his second best?...if so...then u gotta be kiddin me...R.A.W is alot better then this album...espically production wise...that DPGC album is missin that hardcore, gangsta shit...theres all these club/party tracks on that shit...shit is wack...but then again since daz didn't produce this...i could understand that...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2003, 12:54:28 AM by LaZ1e »

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2003, 04:34:03 AM »

wait a min...are u saying that this album is his second best?...if so...then u gotta be kiddin me...R.A.W is alot better then this album...espically production wise...that DPGC album is missin that hardcore, gangsta shit...theres all these club/party tracks on that shit...shit is wack...but then again since daz didn't produce this...i could understand that...

yea...RAW is way better...
this DPGC album got a lot of neptunes / timbaland beat-a-likes on it...
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2003, 04:35:20 AM »

Soopafly is doing this kind of beats. I don't liek those beats either. anyway there are still a lot of dope ass songs on this album!
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2003, 05:27:12 AM »
i was bumping this today...agree with pretty much what others have stated...5 really dope tracks...5 average...5 shitty..not sure how i would rate it...

Yeah thats My opinion. Theres a few tight tracks, and a few shitty ones..but there arent any outstanding tracks IMO. Sure I got That Fire is a cool song but I dont see whats so special about it. Anyway, Daz should have put those tracks together with the songs from the "I Got Love In These Streetz" album and throw out one album, and it would be much better.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2003, 05:29:51 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Hydro

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2003, 06:57:19 AM »
Personally, I like This Is The Life I Lead alot better. It had tracks like "Load Up", "Keep It Gangsta", "Gangsta Perogative", "Keep It Gangsta (Remix)", "Ain't That Somethin", & "Bitch Bitch Bitch, Make Me Rich". I think that Daz & Mike Dean did a really good job production wise on this album.

The only tracks that I think are tight on U Know What I'm Throwin Up is "I'll Beatcho Ass", "I Got That Fire", "Dogg Catcha", and "Ain't Nothin but A Gangsta Party Pt. 2". I'm not feelin the neptune style beats that Soopafly is doing at all :P.

As of right now, here is my list of Daz albums from BEST TO WORST:

1. Retaliation, Revenge, & Getback
2. RAW
3. This Is The Life I Lead
4. DPGC - U Know What I'm Throwin up

And what's up with everyone comparing Daz's new album to the Dysfunktional Family soundtrack? They are uncomparible. One is a Solo album the other is a Soundtrack. ::)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2003, 07:00:21 AM by Hydro »

NOW AVAILABLE------->Click HERE To Download

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2003, 08:16:49 AM »
to me raw's lyrics and production sounded generic...the beats sounded like someone threw them toghther in their basement in a couple days...this life had no real good tracks..just a bunch of average.

Jome

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2003, 06:02:14 PM »

Hell nah..  ;D

Beats on this DPGC album sounds nothing at all like Neptunes, and definately not like Timbaland.
You have "Fuck Neptunes & Timbaland" in your sig. but have you actually heard more than 10 beats of each ?

Or are you only using them as a example of producers you think are wack, cuz you said the same about Bad Azz's album, and that had nothing close to a Neptunes or Timbo-beat..