Author Topic: Facing Suge Knight - airs tonight on National Geographic  (Read 1338 times)

Blood$

Facing Suge Knight - airs tonight on National Geographic
« on: September 13, 2016, 05:18:30 PM »
9:00 down here on the east coast... should be interesting, mini-documentary series that's covered other guys like Pablo Escobar and Sadaam Hussien lol

Blood$

Re: Facing Suge Knight - airs tonight on National Geographic
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 06:42:25 AM »
so nobody on dubcc peeped this or even heard about it?  :laugh:

The D.O.C. got a bunch of screen time which was dope, overall a pretty good watch it wasn't biased and showed both sides of Suge... I'm sure they reached out to other people like Snoop and Dre but they probably declined

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 07:18:52 AM »
I finally got around to watching this last night.  Interesting to get some new stories on camera.  Sharitha didn't really say anything of too much substance, but I'd bet a lot of the pictures of a younger Suge were hers, which was cool because I was always hoping to see other pictures of Suge from his football days aside from what was already out there.  It's crazy how much thinner Suge was as a teenager, though it makes sense because I remember that in addition to football, Suge ran track at some point, so it's not surprising that he didn't always have the build of a defensive lineman.  Nice to see Greg Kading on camera and putting his info out there, since he's generally come off as reliable, or at least able to substantiate his claims.

As far as the artists... crazy to hear D.O.C. straight up talk about some of Suge's gangsta shit, like Suge basically pulling a drive-by while he was in the car.  Vanilla Ice keeps telling the same old tired ass story, with that same bullshit about how it was his money that he signed over that triggered a chain of events that led to Snoop and Pac.  And he is fucking crazy if he thinks he was selling a million records a day and that he's sold 160 million overall.  Nope.  Also, not sure why Danny Boy was all emotional.  Dude sang a few hooks that made their way onto retail releases and recorded an album that never saw the light of day but got a nice advance/signing bonus, was put up in style and was given an allowance, but he literally starts crying about when it got cut off even though he wasn't generating any money?  That's not how the world works.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 04:39:11 PM »
so nobody on dubcc peeped this or even heard about it?  :laugh:

The D.O.C. got a bunch of screen time which was dope, overall a pretty good watch it wasn't biased and showed both sides of Suge... I'm sure they reached out to other people like Snoop and Dre but they probably declined
I watched it. it was dope.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

dameons

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 10:50:42 PM »
Who was the guy screaming DOC's name while getting beat down ?

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 04:17:22 PM »

who the fuck knows, mad heads caught beatdowns on Death Row lol there was probably a few instances where DOC was a witness

bigpimpin20

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 12:26:43 PM »
Interesting how they painted ol Sugar Bear in this one. Its so true that Suge bought his way into the streets though when most folks use their money to leave them, throwing Pac into the mix was the gasoline can being tossed on the fire and we all know how that went.

Crazy to see Vanilla Ice banking like that, the boy done good.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 12:44:06 PM »
they beat up dj unknown, he was real creator of death row logo and they took it from him

Westcoastfanatic

IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

butch4682

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 01:27:00 AM »
just wondering anywhere I can watch this ? don't have the channel in australia

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 12:03:45 PM »
"FILE Removed", reup so we can watch & discuss, i missed it last time on nat geo, seen the end only
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

OriginalVersion

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 03:11:27 PM »
"FILE Removed", reup so we can watch & discuss, i missed it last time on nat geo, seen the end only

Here you go.
+++||ORIGINAL VERSION||+++

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2016, 08:02:04 PM »
I finally got around to watching this last night.  Interesting to get some new stories on camera.  Sharitha didn't really say anything of too much substance, but I'd bet a lot of the pictures of a younger Suge were hers, which was cool because I was always hoping to see other pictures of Suge from his football days aside from what was already out there.  It's crazy how much thinner Suge was as a teenager, though it makes sense because I remember that in addition to football, Suge ran track at some point, so it's not surprising that he didn't always have the build of a defensive lineman.  Nice to see Greg Kading on camera and putting his info out there, since he's generally come off as reliable, or at least able to substantiate his claims.

As far as the artists... crazy to hear D.O.C. straight up talk about some of Suge's gangsta shit, like Suge basically pulling a drive-by while he was in the car.  Vanilla Ice keeps telling the same old tired ass story, with that same bullshit about how it was his money that he signed over that triggered a chain of events that led to Snoop and Pac.  And he is fucking crazy if he thinks he was selling a million records a day and that he's sold 160 million overall.  Nope.  Also, not sure why Danny Boy was all emotional.  Dude sang a few hooks that made their way onto retail releases and recorded an album that never saw the light of day but got a nice advance/signing bonus, was put up in style and was given an allowance, but he literally starts crying about when it got cut off even though he wasn't generating any money?  That's not how the world works.

Lol... spot on.  I mean if Suge gave Danny Boy that kind of an advance upon meeting him, and outside of a couple memorable moments on All Eyez On Me he didn't make much impact... dude probably has it backwards.  Seems Suge gave more to Danny Boy than Danny Boy gave Death Row.  I mean dude got to ball out for like 3 years straight and then somehow expected the checks to never end.

Although I did like the Danny Boy parts like him detailing how broken Suge truly was after Pac's death that really took me back to just how tragic that loss was.  It's possible Suge never got over that.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 08:09:15 PM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2016, 04:35:58 AM »
It was a good episode, not a lot of info i didn't already know though. It's a goddamn shame what happened to Death Row Records, for real.