Author Topic: Worst Rappers to have a classic album...  (Read 3049 times)

Sccit

Re: Worst Rappers to have a classic album...
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2016, 09:34:21 AM »
Pac and DMX wack? What the fuck y'all smokin' on?
DMX is not whack, but he's an average rapper
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:40:01 AM by Sccit »

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2016, 09:39:43 AM »
So, just looking at things, I think the top 3 have to be in order, Eazy, Dre, and Kanye. But all three did use ghostwriters on their classic albums, Eazy with Ren, Cube, and DOC, Dre with DOC, and Kanye with Rhymefest and Consequence (though Kanye did write some by himself too). So with that said, Dre and Kanye did produce their whole albums, so producers get a pass. So with that said, it's got to be Eazy.

Eazy was a good rapper tho .. His voice and charisma is unmatched, and ghostwritten or not, he spit some dope rhymes with excellent storytelling .. Listen to a track like nobody moves or louisville slugger .. The notion that he was a bad rapper come from the fact that he didn't write, but that, in reality, doesn't make him a bad rapper .. I actually rather listen to eazy spit mc ren rhymes than to hear it from mc ren himself.. Legend

Blood$

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2016, 06:03:43 PM »
So, just looking at things, I think the top 3 have to be in order, Eazy, Dre, and Kanye. But all three did use ghostwriters on their classic albums, Eazy with Ren, Cube, and DOC, Dre with DOC, and Kanye with Rhymefest and Consequence (though Kanye did write some by himself too). So with that said, Dre and Kanye did produce their whole albums, so producers get a pass. So with that said, it's got to be Eazy.

nah Master P definitely takes the crown in this discussion lol

Blood$

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2016, 06:05:33 PM »
I wouldn't qualify dudes who had ghostwriters for the majority of an album to make a list like this, saying Dr. Dre or Eazy is basically saying DOC, Cube, etc. lol

I think the difference though is Eazy was pretty clumsy when rapping. It didn't matter who wrote it, Eazy was not a good rapper at all. He was a gimmick, and Cube, Ren and DOC wrote way better stuff for themselves. They gave Eazy what he could handle.

The fact that Game & Dmx is on the list... why not add pac, nas or eazy there to.

I hope you are trolling.

Are you really suggesting that Game and DMX are on the level of Pac and Nas?

Ofc look at x albums.. he was nr 1 every fuckin time, and made more classic albuns than Nas or Pac.

Game technically would out-rap 2Pac and DMX with 'bars' but that doesn't mean he puts together better overall songs/projects than them, but he's paid enough dues and released enough quality in his career thus far to be mentioned in the same bracket as them... don't know what Nas' freestyle game is like these days but I still wouldn't say Game would out-rap him lol

Game had bars, but he would not out rap 2Pac bar for bar. 2Pac bar for bar was as good as many rappers.

Allow me to introduce first: Makaveli the Don
Hysterical, spiritual lyrics like The Holy Qur'an
Niggas get shook like 5-0
My .45 is next to me when we ride, for survival
Money-making plans, pistol close at hand, swollen pockets
Let me introduce the topic, then we drop it
Expose snakes ‘cause they breed freely
See me ride! Located worldwide like the art of graffiti
I think I'm tougher than Nitti, my attitude is shitty
Born on a dope fiend's titty

With all this extra stressin'
The question I wonder is after death, after my last breath
When will I finally get to rest through this oppression?
They punish the people that's askin' questions. And those that possess steal from the ones without possessions
The message I stress: to make it stop, study your lessons
Don't settle for less, even the genius asks his questions
Be grateful for blessings, don't ever change, keep your essence
The power is in the people and politics we address

2Pac is the GOAT to me and my personal favorite artist, but I still think Game would out-do him if it came down to a live cypher or a battle, but I do agree with what you're saying since most tend to have the misconception that 2Pac was just average as an MC who simply had a greater work ethic

2pac would shit on game .. Put hit me up against that new meek mill
diss n get back to me. Game is like a gimmick rapper, and the gimmick is pretty good .. But pac is the real deal.

Game's had more diss lines that were harder and more direct but "Hit Em Up" is still the best diss track from the intensity alone and the barriers it broke as far as battle raps

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2016, 06:45:24 PM »
I wouldn't qualify dudes who had ghostwriters for the majority of an album to make a list like this, saying Dr. Dre or Eazy is basically saying DOC, Cube, etc. lol

I think the difference though is Eazy was pretty clumsy when rapping. It didn't matter who wrote it, Eazy was not a good rapper at all. He was a gimmick, and Cube, Ren and DOC wrote way better stuff for themselves. They gave Eazy what he could handle.

The fact that Game & Dmx is on the list... why not add pac, nas or eazy there to.

I hope you are trolling.

Are you really suggesting that Game and DMX are on the level of Pac and Nas?

Ofc look at x albums.. he was nr 1 every fuckin time, and made more classic albuns than Nas or Pac.

Game technically would out-rap 2Pac and DMX with 'bars' but that doesn't mean he puts together better overall songs/projects than them, but he's paid enough dues and released enough quality in his career thus far to be mentioned in the same bracket as them... don't know what Nas' freestyle game is like these days but I still wouldn't say Game would out-rap him lol

Game had bars, but he would not out rap 2Pac bar for bar. 2Pac bar for bar was as good as many rappers.

Allow me to introduce first: Makaveli the Don
Hysterical, spiritual lyrics like The Holy Qur'an
Niggas get shook like 5-0
My .45 is next to me when we ride, for survival
Money-making plans, pistol close at hand, swollen pockets
Let me introduce the topic, then we drop it
Expose snakes ‘cause they breed freely
See me ride! Located worldwide like the art of graffiti
I think I'm tougher than Nitti, my attitude is shitty
Born on a dope fiend's titty

With all this extra stressin'
The question I wonder is after death, after my last breath
When will I finally get to rest through this oppression?
They punish the people that's askin' questions. And those that possess steal from the ones without possessions
The message I stress: to make it stop, study your lessons
Don't settle for less, even the genius asks his questions
Be grateful for blessings, don't ever change, keep your essence
The power is in the people and politics we address

2Pac is the GOAT to me and my personal favorite artist, but I still think Game would out-do him if it came down to a live cypher or a battle, but I do agree with what you're saying since most tend to have the misconception that 2Pac was just average as an MC who simply had a greater work ethic

2pac would shit on game .. Put hit me up against that new meek mill
diss n get back to me. Game is like a gimmick rapper, and the gimmick is pretty good .. But pac is the real deal.

Game's had more diss lines that were harder and more direct but "Hit Em Up" is still the best diss track from the intensity alone and the barriers it broke as far as battle raps

AND THATS WHY PAC WOULD KILL HIM .. RAW ENERGY OVER BARS, ALL DAY

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2016, 10:19:01 PM »
First off, I can't think of one single Master P classic album, and on top of that looking back everyone thought he was wack and no one have him 5 mics or a XXL. So he don't count to me.

'Pac had bars and raw emotion. Please, plus he had so many diss songs it was unreal. Dude would eat Game and Game would tell you that too.

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2016, 10:51:34 PM »
First off, I can't think of one single Master P classic album, and on top of that looking back everyone thought he was wack and no one have him 5 mics or a XXL. So he don't count to me.

'Pac had bars and raw emotion. Please, plus he had so many diss songs it was unreal. Dude would eat Game and Game would tell you that too.

Ghetto tryna kill me and ice cream man

Blood$

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2016, 11:17:18 PM »

I'm willing to bet there's a few albums you think are classics that didn't get 5 Mics or a XXL

and of course Game would admit that, but while on that topic Game probably has the same amount if not more disses than 2Pac considering he had entire mixtapes dedicated to G-Unit lol
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 11:22:03 PM by Blood$ »

Lucifuge

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 12:41:51 AM »
How DMX is wack??  :o :o
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2016, 01:12:16 PM »

Ice Cream Man was 4 mics, and that's a good rating for it. Bout It, Bout It was alright, and it set the foundation for a good 4 year No Limit run. But it wasn't a classic. I've never seen any Master P album on CREDIBLE hip-hop reviewers classic list. Putting any Master P album in any classic list really waters down the label classic, especially if no credible hip-hop journalist has any of his albums on any classics list.

With that said, that The Ghettos Tryin to Kill Me album cover, that has always been a personal classic since I was 16. LOL. I was trying to look at her too.

BIGWORM

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2016, 03:04:21 PM »
I'm not tryin' to start beef with anyone BUT MASTER P WTF... His name and classic just don't go together not one of his albums are classic. NO LIMIT RECORDS doesn't even have a classic album out of the hundred or so they dropped. Ghetto D and Top Dogg were the closest by there standard....

Yeah JAY-Z Reasonable Doubt Album is in my top 10 it's str8 flames from intro to outro. Jay Z isn't in my top 100 MC's.... BUT OH BOY DOES HE GO OFF ON THAT....

2Relevant

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2016, 05:26:45 PM »
also consider pac didn't have the opportunity to evolve to his fullest like a 36 year old game btw he will be 37 next month
pac died at a young 25 years old

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2016, 07:01:03 PM »

Ice Cream Man was 4 mics, and that's a good rating for it. Bout It, Bout It was alright, and it set the foundation for a good 4 year No Limit run. But it wasn't a classic. I've never seen any Master P album on CREDIBLE hip-hop reviewers classic list. Putting any Master P album in any classic list really waters down the label classic, especially if no credible hip-hop journalist has any of his albums on any classics list.

With that said, that The Ghettos Tryin to Kill Me album cover, that has always been a personal classic since I was 16. LOL. I was trying to look at her too.

Your average hip-hop reviewer is an east coast dick rider who doesn't even recognize the bay as a region

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2016, 07:02:54 PM »
I'm not tryin' to start beef with anyone BUT MASTER P WTF... His name and classic just don't go together not one of his albums are classic. NO LIMIT RECORDS doesn't even have a classic album out of the hundred or so they dropped. Ghetto D and Top Dogg were the closest by there standard....

Yeah JAY-Z Reasonable Doubt Album is in my top 10 it's str8 flames from intro to outro. Jay Z isn't in my top 100 MC's.... BUT OH BOY DOES HE GO OFF ON THAT....

What about celly cel and the jacka.. U like any of their albums?

Blood$

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2016, 08:27:07 PM »

Your average hip-hop reviewer is an east coast dick rider who doesn't even recognize the bay as a region

100%