Author Topic: Crooked I Hood Star - platinum 13 yrs ago?  (Read 1270 times)

Blood$

Re: Crooked I Hood Star - platinum 13 yrs ago?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 05:24:45 PM »
let's be brutally honest here: nobody on Death Row at that time (unless it was posthumous 2Pac) was doing real numbers or seeing any plaques

I loved just about everything Crook was doing in that era but nothing he put out was going to be a Gold or Platinum selling hit

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 06:47:05 PM »
let's be brutally honest here: nobody on Death Row at that time (unless it was posthumous 2Pac) was doing real numbers or seeing any plaques

I loved just about everything Crook was doing in that era but nothing he put out was going to be a Gold or Platinum selling hit

There was big hype for crook at that time, woulda been gold off the strength of that alone .. Remember, this is a time where acts like tha eastsidaz was goin platinum. crook was sposta save the west round 02

Blood$

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2016, 07:27:05 PM »

There was big hype for crook at that time, woulda been gold off the strength of that alone .. Remember, this is a time where acts like tha eastsidaz was goin platinum. crook was sposta save the west round 02

because Tha Eastsidaz had Snoop's stamp and they were categorized under "Snoop Dogg" in retail lol not to take away anything they did because both albums went hard, but take Snoop out of that equation and they would have barely touched Gold if that

I was in the loop with rap in 2002-2003 despite being young and Crooked I was just some name I saw around here and there, never heard any of his shit on the radio or saw him in a video except for the Ashanti joint... that wasn't enough to guarantee a plaque even during that time when people still bought records

it is all a shame because he most certainly deserved the limelight and the recognition for his skills back then

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2016, 08:05:29 PM »

because Tha Eastsidaz had Snoop's stamp and they were categorized under "Snoop Dogg" in retail lol not to take away anything they did because both albums went hard, but take Snoop out of that equation and they would have barely touched Gold if that

I was in the loop with rap in 2002-2003 despite being young and Crooked I was just some name I saw around here and there, never heard any of his shit on the radio or saw him in a video except for the Ashanti joint... that wasn't enough to guarantee a plaque even during that time when people still bought records

it is all a shame because he most certainly deserved the limelight and the recognition for his skills back then

Bruh I may be wrong but I doubt it, names like Chico n coolwatta was goin gold or plat and they didn't have the same buzz as crooked I .. Crooked had a joint with juvenile and sisqo at their height.. If pushed right, it woulda gone gold.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2016, 11:15:47 PM »
what numbers nu mix klassics did in 2003?

dj coma

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 12:36:56 AM »

Bruh I may be wrong but I doubt it, names like Chico n coolwatta was goin gold or plat and they didn't have the same buzz as crooked I .. Crooked had a joint with juvenile and sisqo at their height.. If pushed right, it woulda gone gold.

You sure about C&C going gold? Also Juvenile and Sisqo peaked in like 99 and So Damn Hood was 2002.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 01:50:35 AM »

You sure about C&C going gold? Also Juvenile and Sisqo peaked in like 99 and So Damn Hood was 2002.

Not sure but I know there was a slew of random acts doin numbers in that era .. Sisqo dropped a platinum album in 2001 and Juvenile had his first number 1 hit in 2003 wit slow motion, so they was still buzzin back then.. Enough for suge to do somethin wit it at least

dj coma

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 02:47:54 AM »

Not sure but I know there was a slew of random acts doin numbers in that era .. Sisqo dropped a platinum album in 2001 and Juvenile had his first number 1 hit in 2003 wit slow motion, so they was still buzzin back then.. Enough for suge to do somethin wit it at least

Forgot about Slow Motion. Either way, "So Damn Hood" was a cool song but was not really a hit.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2016, 09:42:27 AM »

Forgot about Slow Motion. Either way, "So Damn Hood" was a cool song but was not really a hit.

A hit is whatever the radio decides to make a hit