Author Topic: TOM BRADY THE GOAT?  (Read 2368 times)

Sccit

TOM BRADY THE GOAT?
« on: February 05, 2017, 07:17:07 PM »
JUS CAME BACK FROM DOWN 25...GAME HEADED INTO OVERTIME..PATRIOTS MORE THAN LIKELY GOT THIS

THIS CEMENT HIM AS THE GOAT?

Hack Wilson - real

Re: TOM BRADY THE GOAT?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 07:57:57 PM »
no but sadly I can't keep him outta my top 3 anymore  :'(

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 08:50:22 PM »
Yes it does! theres no more debate on who's is the greatest now. He's tied with no one for most Super Bowl wins. 7 appearances and 5 championships. nuff said. I hate to admit but he is now and this is coming from a niner fan who always held Montana in that regard. HE PASSED THE GOAT Montana and now Brady is. Respect!
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 09:31:31 PM »
no but sadly I can't keep him outta my top 3 anymore  :'(

Who's better?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 08:55:49 AM »
A few things here.

I think before, it was easy to look at Brady as NOT the GOAT because he may have won Super Bowls, but it was the way he won. Always on the last drive, but always with Adam Vinatier kicking or a failed comeback by the other team. It was never Brady marching down the field and actually winning the game like we saw with Montana. When you did see that in 2008, Eli threw that crazy pass that stuck to the guys helmet, which killed a great moment of Brady throwing to Moss on what I thought was the game winning touchdown.

Also, Brady's stats were always just okay. I had him many times in fantasy and that cost me, except the Moss years.

With all that said, this was Brady's moment. This was his signature win. This puts him in the top 3 at least all time. You can't argue anymore of him not being a top QB. He led that comeback in the end, threw the game winning touchdown in OT. He's now in the conversation of greatest QB's of all time. I think you have to look at different eras. What would happen if Montana played in today's era, would his career lasted as long as Brady's,  how great would Otto Graham be with a modern offense. All of those questions are legit questions, and will be debated for years and years and years. But one question that will not be debated is if Brady belongs in this conversation. He's up there.

With all that said, I must reminder everyone... IT WAS A FUMBLE!

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 09:33:05 AM »
A few things here.

I think before, it was easy to look at Brady as NOT the GOAT because he may have won Super Bowls, but it was the way he won. Always on the last drive, but always with Adam Vinatier kicking or a failed comeback by the other team. It was never Brady marching down the field and actually winning the game like we saw with Montana. When you did see that in 2008, Eli threw that crazy pass that stuck to the guys helmet, which killed a great moment of Brady throwing to Moss on what I thought was the game winning touchdown.

Also, Brady's stats were always just okay. I had him many times in fantasy and that cost me, except the Moss years.

With all that said, this was Brady's moment. This was his signature win. This puts him in the top 3 at least all time. You can't argue anymore of him not being a top QB. He led that comeback in the end, threw the game winning touchdown in OT. He's now in the conversation of greatest QB's of all time. I think you have to look at different eras. What would happen if Montana played in today's era, would his career lasted as long as Brady's,  how great would Otto Graham be with a modern offense. All of those questions are legit questions, and will be debated for years and years and years. But one question that will not be debated is if Brady belongs in this conversation. He's up there.

With all that said, I must reminder everyone... IT WAS A FUMBLE!

What was a fumble?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 09:45:53 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ixloKY7HoWs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ixloKY7HoWs</a>

Basically when Brady pump faked, he started to tuck the ball in as both hands were on the ball. Once that happened, it should have been ruled that he was carrying the ball. But the refs counted the "tucking" of the ball into his body as part of the forward motion therefore it was an incomplete pass. But it should have been ruled a fumble, which would have sealed the game. The reason for the fumble is once both hands are on the ball, he's not attempting to pass but rather carrying the ball like in a running play. If you are carrying the ball, and are stripped that's a fumble.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 09:54:01 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ixloKY7HoWs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ixloKY7HoWs</a>

Basically when Brady pump faked, he started to tuck the ball in as both hands were on the ball. Once that happened, it should have been ruled that he was carrying the ball. But the refs counted the "tucking" of the ball into his body as part of the forward motion therefore it was an incomplete pass. But it should have been ruled a fumble, which would have sealed the game. The reason for the fumble is once both hands are on the ball, he's not attempting to pass but rather carrying the ball like in a running play. If you are carrying the ball, and are stripped that's a fumble.

That was terrible .. Raiders made it to the Super Bowl the next year tho, I remember that like it was yesterday

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 10:17:10 AM »

That was terrible .. Raiders made it to the Super Bowl the next year tho, I remember that like it was yesterday

Yeah, but that year was the better team. The one that lost in 2001 was better than 2002. Plus after this game, that's when Al Davis traded Gruden as they couldn't get along. Now Gruden and Mark Davis, the current owners, are actually big buddies off the field. But Al had huge disagreements with Gruden and traded him. Some Raiders even commented after the game that Gruden yelled out, "they wouldn't ever let you guys win." Which they took that, one, Gruden already knew he was leaving the team, and two, Gruden also felt the NFL had something against the Raiders.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 01:27:37 PM »
Unquestioned.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 01:27:47 PM »
Undeniable.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 01:27:58 PM »
Forever.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 08:53:14 AM »
Meh. What I've learn is someone will come and everyone will claim them the GOAT in the future, then some sports hipsters will still argue for Brady, or Montana, or Otto Graham, as the greatest and say the game was more violent or it had better players that the future. It's a cycle.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 10:51:19 AM »
It's been 16 years of sheer dominance. The favorite to win next year too,

To put it in perspective for this site; imagine Kobe was still in the league, going strong, winning titles & me coming on here being like "meh, it's a cycle".

Colin Cowherd actually dropped a bomb statistic that wins the argument. He set it up by the obvious "If your QB has to throw 50 times a game, it tells you that you got no running game, your defense is letting up points, you're probably behind & the opposing defense knows you have to throw the ball...worst case scenario for an offense".

Given that, among the greatest names ever to have to throw the ball 50 times a game, it was like Marino & Brees are 5-5 & 5-11 & everyone else is well under .500. Brady is 18-9 in those games. That's pure separation from the pack.

You can be a guy like Shallow (waiting for him) & come on here & start talking about 40 years ago or "if Peyton Manning had the AFC pro bowl team in Indy..", but the reality is the man has been flawless for 16 years & do you really believe they won't at least go 11-5 next year & likely be in the AFC title game?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »
It's been 16 years of sheer dominance. The favorite to win next year too,

To put it in perspective for this site; imagine Kobe was still in the league, going strong, winning titles & me coming on here being like "meh, it's a cycle".

Colin Cowherd actually dropped a bomb statistic that wins the argument. He set it up by the obvious "If your QB has to throw 50 times a game, it tells you that you got no running game, your defense is letting up points, you're probably behind & the opposing defense knows you have to throw the ball...worst case scenario for an offense".

Given that, among the greatest names ever to have to throw the ball 50 times a game, it was like Marino & Brees are 5-5 & 5-11 & everyone else is well under .500. Brady is 18-9 in those games. That's pure separation from the pack.

You can be a guy like Shallow (waiting for him) & come on here & start talking about 40 years ago or "if Peyton Manning had the AFC pro bowl team in Indy..", but the reality is the man has been flawless for 16 years & do you really believe they won't at least go 11-5 next year & likely be in the AFC title game?

I don't argue Kobe is the greatest player ever. That's Sccit. It's why he and I argue and he says I'm not a real Laker fan. Like right now, people saying LeBron could be better than Jordan. Do I think he's better than Jordan, that's laughable. But if LeBron played Michael one on one in both primes, I'm putting my money on LeBron. But last shot, to win the game, give me Michael. In QB's, I actually like Brady's style of play. He's a smart QB, very few mistakes and he's basically the new, better Joe Montana. Similar styles, but newer players are stronger, faster and better trained than older players, it's just fact. But in 20, 30 years, we'll say the same thing about the next great QB. One day we'll finally get the best black QB ever, who takes the style of Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, Cam Newton, and everyone will throw around the title GOAT to that person. It just is. I use to argue Magic as the GOAT ball player, but as I watch NBA players today, they do things Magic could never do. At the same time, they don't come off as "greater" than Magic to me. I'll end it like this, GOAT player, that argument is irrelevant. To me, it's who's the best of each era, and who came out with more rings and memorable moments. In that case, Brady for 15 years has dominated. He led the Patriot team to dominate in 2 decades. That's NEVER happened before. Usually when you win in one decade, you don't return for a while. The Browns of the 50's, Packers of the 60's, the Steelers of the 70's, the 49ers of the 80's, the Cowboys of the 90's. Then you have the Patriots of the 00's, which makes sense, but then the Patriots of the '10! That's AMAZING! No franchise has dominated like that. For that, you have to say they have ran a great franchise. And that's what will be remembered.