Author Topic: TOM BRADY THE GOAT?  (Read 2370 times)

Sccit

Re: TOM BRADY THE GOAT?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 02:33:11 PM »

But if LeBron played Michael one on one in both primes, I'm putting my money on LeBron.

Kill yaself

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 02:44:43 PM »
U of M alumnus always comes through you bitches

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 07:15:11 PM »

But if LeBron played Michael one on one in both primes, I'm putting my money on LeBron.

Kill yaself

Look at it, LeBron is more physically superior than Jordan in every single way possible. Argue that. He's 3 inches taller, 35 pounds heavier, all muscle, more athletic, and even plays better defense! I said it.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 07:29:25 PM »
But we're not talking about a wrestling match or a triathlon.  It's about what they can do with a basketball.  I've never viewed Lebron as having a killer instinct like Jordan, and I don't see him winning in a one-on-one scenario.  Just my opinion.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 07:31:50 PM »
But back to the topic at hand -- as soon as I made the previous post, I even forgot what thread I was in -- one thing I give to Brady is that while he has a supporting cast, he really does seem to carry the team.  Other all-time great quarterbacks like Joe Montana and Troy Aikman also had other hall-of-famer type players on their team.  I don't feel like Brady's supporting cast was on that level.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2017, 09:20:35 PM »

Kill yaself

Look at it, LeBron is more physically superior than Jordan in every single way possible. Argue that. He's 3 inches taller, 35 pounds heavier, all muscle, more athletic, and even plays better defense! I said it.

Homie are u retarded? Lol .. Straight up

I hate to even entertain this, but Lebron is a pass first player. Offense is unquestionably the worst aspect of his game. Melo would destroy him in a 1 on 1, let alone Michael Jordan. SMFH.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 08:02:34 AM »
But we're not talking about a wrestling match or a triathlon.  It's about what they can do with a basketball.  I've never viewed Lebron as having a killer instinct like Jordan, and I don't see him winning in a one-on-one scenario.  Just my opinion.

Kill yaself

I hate to even entertain this, but Lebron is a pass first player. Offense is unquestionably the worst aspect of his game. Melo would destroy him in a 1 on 1, let alone Michael Jordan. SMFH.

Greater player and Better player are two WAY different things. LeBron is a better player than Jordan. Period, end of story. He's bigger, fast, stronger, he's a better team player. Pass first, one on one, that doesn't matter. If you take the physical presents that is LeBron, drop him into the 90's, he'd be the most dominating force there outside of Shaq. Jordan was a great, great player. He had killer instinct LeBron doesn't have. But, all things equal, you put them prime vs. prime, LeBron wins. Look at LeBron the last 2 years, he's proven how good he is, how much of a fighter he is and how far he can go to carry a team to victory. Modern players today are just better than older players, and it happens every generation.

But back to the topic at hand -- as soon as I made the previous post, I even forgot what thread I was in -- one thing I give to Brady is that while he has a supporting cast, he really does seem to carry the team.  Other all-time great quarterbacks like Joe Montana and Troy Aikman also had other hall-of-famer type players on their team.  I don't feel like Brady's supporting cast was on that level.

The problem with that argument is the Pats back ups were 3-1 when Brady was out, and in 2008 when Brady missed the whole year, MATT FRECKIN' CASSELL was 10-6. The system is greater than the player, even Tom Brady. Brady is just the one Belichick trust the most running his system.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 08:21:52 AM »
3-1 without Brady is good but it doesn't indicate that they would have been nearly as successful without him. Look at who they played and what the scores were. Yeah they blew out of the Texans, but they got shut out by the BILLS, and the other two were one-score games. Not a strong argument.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2017, 11:03:08 AM »
But we're not talking about a wrestling match or a triathlon.  It's about what they can do with a basketball.  I've never viewed Lebron as having a killer instinct like Jordan, and I don't see him winning in a one-on-one scenario.  Just my opinion.

Kill yaself

Greater player and Better player are two WAY different things. LeBron is a better player than Jordan. Period, end of story. He's bigger, fast, stronger, he's a better team player. Pass first, one on one, that doesn't matter. If you take the physical presents that is LeBron, drop him into the 90's, he'd be the most dominating force there outside of Shaq. Jordan was a great, great player. He had killer instinct LeBron doesn't have. But, all things equal, you put them prime vs. prime, LeBron wins. Look at LeBron the last 2 years, he's proven how good he is, how much of a fighter he is and how far he can go to carry a team to victory. Modern players today are just better than older players, and it happens every generation.

But back to the topic at hand -- as soon as I made the previous post, I even forgot what thread I was in -- one thing I give to Brady is that while he has a supporting cast, he really does seem to carry the team.  Other all-time great quarterbacks like Joe Montana and Troy Aikman also had other hall-of-famer type players on their team.  I don't feel like Brady's supporting cast was on that level.

The problem with that argument is the Pats back ups were 3-1 when Brady was out, and in 2008 when Brady missed the whole year, MATT FRECKIN' CASSELL was 10-6. The system is greater than the player, even Tom Brady. Brady is just the one Belichick trust the most running his system.

LMFAO this guy .. LeHelp is terrible from a skill standpoint. Terrible footwork, unreliable jumpshot, no post game, etc. In what way is he better? Because he's stronger and needs 3 franchise players to compete? We're talking about a guy who is a couple miracles away from being 1/7 in the finals right now.. And even 3/7 with those miracles, he is not nearly the player he is made out to be. You are one of those guys who just eats up whatever the media tells him

Travels and bricks a wide open layup for the game winner .. Can u ever imagine Kobe or Jordan doin this? Forget killer instinct, he lacks skill like a muthafucka and it's pretty sad how the media dickriding him got u flip floppin with your opinions.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:06:07 AM by Sccit »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2017, 11:09:42 AM »
Cmon guys that was the most obviously rugged game since Super bowl 3. Just watch the Falcons game plan after goinng up 28-3. They switch from rushing 3 and 4 to 4 and 5 and over play the routes. They were begging for big plays. And on offense it was ridiclous. Just run run run punt and play cover 2 and you can't lose.

To my basketball fans imagine a team is up 30 in the 4th and they start playing press d and shooting 30 ft 3s with 15 left on the shot clock.

Kyle Shanahan just got his reward too.

Just watch the fumble. 3rd and 1 and overload on the right side and Ryan in shotgun. Every receiver runs deep and Freeman let's the guy run past him and Ryan doesn't even look to his visibe side.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2017, 11:10:56 AM »
Cmon guys that was the most obviously rugged game since Super bowl 3. Just watch the Falcons game plan after goinng up 28-3. They switch from rushing 3 and 4 to 4 and 5 and over play the routes. They were begging for big plays. And on offense it was ridiclous. Just run run run punt and play cover 2 and you can't lose.

To my basketball fans imagine a team is up 30 in the 4th and they start playing press d and shooting 30 ft 3s with 15 left on the shot clock.

Just watch the fumble. 3rd and 1 and overload on the right side and Ryan in shotgun. Every receiver runs deep and Freeman let's the guy run past him and Ryan doesn't even look to his visibe side.

So u still got Peyton Manning as goat?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2017, 11:18:35 AM »

I always had Unitas. I just know Peyton is as much better than Brady as Kobe is better than Pippen.

And for the record, last year was fixed for Peyton too.

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2017, 11:51:49 AM »

I always had Unitas. I just know Peyton is as much better than Brady as Kobe is better than Pippen.

I don't see the Brady/Peyton Kobe/Pippen analogy

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2017, 11:53:09 AM »
3-1 without Brady is good but it doesn't indicate that they would have been nearly as successful without him. Look at who they played and what the scores were. Yeah they blew out of the Texans, but they got shut out by the BILLS, and the other two were one-score games. Not a strong argument.

Doesn't matter. If the Packers didn't have Aaron Rogers, they are about a 4-12 team. The Raiders without Derek Carr is a 6-10 team. They don't win without their QB. What Brady does is take a solid 10-6 team that makes the playoffs and makes them a 14-2 team that wins the Super Bowl. He is a great player, but he has a great team to work with. Belichick knows he can't win without him, but at the same time they'd still be in the playoffs every year with Jimmy G. running the team.

But we're not talking about a wrestling match or a triathlon.  It's about what they can do with a basketball.  I've never viewed Lebron as having a killer instinct like Jordan, and I don't see him winning in a one-on-one scenario.  Just my opinion.

Kill yaself

But back to the topic at hand -- as soon as I made the previous post, I even forgot what thread I was in -- one thing I give to Brady is that while he has a supporting cast, he really does seem to carry the team.  Other all-time great quarterbacks like Joe Montana and Troy Aikman also had other hall-of-famer type players on their team.  I don't feel like Brady's supporting cast was on that level.

LMFAO this guy .. LeHelp is terrible from a skill standpoint. Terrible footwork, unreliable jumpshot, no post game, etc. In what way is he better? Because he's stronger and needs 3 franchise players to compete? We're talking about a guy who is a couple miracles away from being 1/7 in the finals right now.. And even 3/7 with those miracles, he is not nearly the player he is made out to be. You are one of those guys who just eats up whatever the media tells him

Travels and bricks a wide open layup for the game winner .. Can u ever imagine Kobe or Jordan doin this? Forget killer instinct, he lacks skill like a muthafucka and it's pretty sad how the media dickriding him got u flip floppin with your opinions.

I've never flipped flopped on LeBron. I've always said he's the most physically dominating player I've ever seen, but he lacks that one thing that puts him up with Jordan, Kobe and Magic. But as a pure, physical player, he's better than all 3 of them. His size and skill made one on one match ups for Kobe a nightmare. Kobe's production against LeBron dropped against LeBron. Kobe only averaged 25ppg, 5rpg, 5.5apg, and fg% dropped to 41%. Now LeBron also saw a drop in fg%, as it dropped to 46%, as he is above a 50% shooter, but averaged more than his career average in points at 28.5ppg. LeBron also had a 15-6 record against Kobe, though a lot had to do with bad Kobe teams for a while, as during Kobe's career only 4 years was Kobe in a title competitive team. So I personally don't look at the head to head record as it's a team game. What I do look at is the drop in Kobe's production as he puts so much into stopping and slowing down LeBron. Kobe always wanted to guard LeBron, and part of why he wanted MWP was so he can concentrate more on offense against teams with SF's like LeBron, 'Melo, Pierce.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2017, 12:04:08 PM »

I don't see the Brady/Peyton Kobe/Pippen analogy

I'm just comparing talent levels