Author Topic: Kurupt - What U Wanna Do (Produced by Dr. Dre) Unreleased Death Row  (Read 6666 times)

dnjp4life

Re: Kurupt - What U Wanna Do (Produced by Dr. Dre) Unreleased Death Row
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 12:47:40 AM »
This shit bangs, shame the track isn't longer.

Okka

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 12:59:54 AM »
Good song, it's a shame this is so short. This probably isn't even produced by Dr. Dre though. B1 claimed that CPO Boss Hogg song was produced by Dre and then CPO said that Dre had nothin' to do with it.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 09:17:22 AM »
It features similar sounds to other Dre tracks of that era, but I dunno.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 11:03:39 AM »
Good song, it's a shame this is so short. This probably isn't even produced by Dr. Dre though. B1 claimed that CPO Boss Hogg song was produced by Dre and then CPO said that Dre had nothin' to do with it.

Kurupt even say it in his verse

Okka

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »

Kurupt even say it in his verse

Yeah, that's true. You never know though. Somebody needs to ask Kurupt about this song.

dj coma

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 01:59:11 PM »

B1 is just going off what DAT's, reels, and stuff like that said, and those aren't always 100% accurate. Quik said in an interview that he was paid by Death Row to catalog everything in 95-96 so I'm guessing there wasn't very good organization of the vault prior to that.

I think it also goes back to the age old debate of whether or not what Dre does when he mixes a track is considered producing. Whether right or wrong, we've seen many producers come out and say they didn't get proper credit for stuff that says produced by Dre in the credits.

It's obvious this track was produced by Dre though because as Giesuz mentioned, Kurupt says it in the verse. Plus Kurupt says his age in the verse which makes this song from 92 or early 93, when Dre was actively producing most of the material at the label.

dj coma

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 02:04:05 PM »
Somebody on 2Pac-Forum pointed out that this Kurupt song and 2Pac - Papa'z Song (Da Bastard'z Remix) use the same sample. Sorry this YT of the remix is shit quality but you can hear the sample in it.

Anybody know what the sample is?

Okka

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 03:05:17 PM »

B1 is just going off what DAT's, reels, and stuff like that said, and those aren't always 100% accurate. Quik said in an interview that he was paid by Death Row to catalog everything in 95-96 so I'm guessing there wasn't very good organization of the vault prior to that.

I think it also goes back to the age old debate of whether or not what Dre does when he mixes a track is considered producing. Whether right or wrong, we've seen many producers come out and say they didn't get proper credit for stuff that says produced by Dre in the credits.

It's obvious this track was produced by Dre though because as Giesuz mentioned, Kurupt says it in the verse. Plus Kurupt says his age in the verse which makes this song from 92 or early 93, when Dre was actively producing most of the material at the label.

Remember when 50 Cent said "The flow sounds sicker over Dre drums, nigga" on "Disco Inferno" and for a long time everybody thought that the song was produced by Dre, but then it turned out to be produced by Dangerous LLC. There's others who have said the same type of shit on songs that were supposed to be produced by Dre.

soopa-man

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 07:38:23 PM »
It's a dope project they put together over there, even 40z and Bud was finally dropped

Okka

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 02:48:46 AM »
Is "I Don't Bang No More" gonna be on it?

dj coma

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 10:53:56 AM »

Nope. Nobody knows where to find that song. No signs of it in the vault.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 01:49:28 PM »

Nope. Nobody knows where to find that song. No signs of it in the vault.

It wasn't recorded at Death Row studios.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

WestSideDon

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 03:27:00 PM »
Lookin forward to the kurupt project and all the other projects that are droppin after that one
I hope we get another snoop project
Any info on the release date of the kurupt project ?

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 04:08:59 PM »
dope ass beat, prime kurupt...cant go wrong

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »

u can easily tell it's a dre beat