Author Topic: OG PRESS OF DOGGYSTYLE WITH 19 TRACKS IS UP ON EBAY  (Read 11446 times)

Sccit

Re: OG PRESS OF DOGGYSTYLE WITH 19 TRACKS IS UP ON EBAY
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2017, 12:50:39 AM »

i'm the seller.. u can trust me

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
RAP CAREER MUST BE GOING WELL SINCE YOU ARE BEGGING PEOPLE TO BUY A $20 CD FROM YOU OFF EBAY.

sellin all my doubles on ebay, mad.. just a lil somethin on the side, not really strapped for cash, although i'm sure u would love it if i was

next up is lethal injection with 13 tracks

What's the 13th song? I had no idea there was another version of Lethal Injection out there.

Yeah, what is it? This version is not even on Discogs and Wikipedia has nothing about it

EXTREMELY RARE, HOW MUCH YALL WILLIN TO DROP ON THIS?

$0.

This is the RE-RELEASE (2nd print) of the original version with a bonus track.

nope...it's not the re-release with the bonus tracks that came out later. this is an original 1993 release.

dj coma

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2017, 09:11:32 AM »
Is this different from the Japanese edition? The bottom right of the back cover is cut off in your photo but it looks to be different from the bottom right of the Japanese edition with the same tracklist.

Blood$

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2018, 08:41:04 PM »
so I ended up finding this in FYE of all places today lol $8 well spent, the booklet is a bit rough but the disc is clean

"G'z Up Hoe'z Down" is on my copy but not "The Next Episode" which is still on the tracklist... do any copies with that song on it exist?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 08:43:23 PM by Blood$ »

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2018, 08:48:48 PM »
Nope. Was never on any pressing. I bought it day 1. Gz up hoez down is the only different song on the og release.

Blood$

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2018, 08:16:54 PM »
Nope. Was never on any pressing. I bought it day 1. Gz up hoez down is the only different song on the og release.

I heard a low quality rip of the song on youtube and someone claimed they got it from a cassette tape, not sure if that's true or not

Sccit

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2018, 11:24:32 PM »

I heard a low quality rip of the song on youtube and someone claimed they got it from a cassette tape, not sure if that's true or not

bigjake of this forum had a red pressing wit next episode on it that he bought on ebay

:o

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2018, 08:24:54 AM »
so I ended up finding this in FYE of all places today lol $8 well spent, the booklet is a bit rough but the disc is clean

"G'z Up Hoe'z Down" is on my copy but not "The Next Episode" which is still on the tracklist... do any copies with that song on it exist?

bigjake of this forum had a red pressing wit next episode on it that he bought on ebay

I think the bad quality bootleg came from a Swap Meet leak before Doggystyle was released. My cousin got a tape before Doggystyle was released claiming to be Doggystyle. It was basically a few old 213 tracks, bad quality of leaked tracks that have since been released in CDQ, and loose freestyles that had been passed around. He was super excited to get the tape, then listened to it and basically threw it aside. I was like, can I listen to it, and he was like, "dude, the quality sucks." I could be wrong because I never heard the tape, but Death Row was very leaking on the Swap Meet scene in the 90's, as evident by all the 'Pac tracks released after his death. Like it was immediate, by early 1997 there were like 10 Makaveli albums all over the streets.

Blood$

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2018, 12:49:36 PM »

I think the bad quality bootleg came from a Swap Meet leak before Doggystyle was released. My cousin got a tape before Doggystyle was released claiming to be Doggystyle. It was basically a few old 213 tracks, bad quality of leaked tracks that have since been released in CDQ, and loose freestyles that had been passed around. He was super excited to get the tape, then listened to it and basically threw it aside. I was like, can I listen to it, and he was like, "dude, the quality sucks." I could be wrong because I never heard the tape, but Death Row was very leaking on the Swap Meet scene in the 90's, as evident by all the 'Pac tracks released after his death. Like it was immediate, by early 1997 there were like 10 Makaveli albums all over the streets.

interesting... wonder how many Convicts joints may have been on tapes from that era too

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2018, 02:26:04 PM »

It has never been on any pressing of Doggystyle.  It has been listed on the back of several different pressings, but the actual song has never been on any. 

Okka

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2018, 03:22:25 AM »
 :snoopfacepalm: :tupachappy:

Blood$

« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2018, 04:13:31 PM »

It has never been on any pressing of Doggystyle.  It has been listed on the back of several different pressings, but the actual song has never been on any.

I would say that sounds reasonable but at the same time, how could anyone be so sure and how is it 100% confirmed? maybe a handful of copies out there do indeed have it, only way I'd believe it though is if they filmed themselves playing the CD or tape lol

dj coma

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2018, 08:43:18 PM »

The origin of the rip we have is the website "Foeground" which was Foesum's website back in the day. They had a webmaster by the name of "The Predator" that ripped and uploaded Next Episode in real audio format from a tape he had. In all likelihood he got that tape from Foesum who got it from their affiliation with Snoop, but it's also possible it was from the swap meet.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2018, 06:26:25 AM »

I would say that sounds reasonable but at the same time, how could anyone be so sure and how is it 100% confirmed? maybe a handful of copies out there do indeed have it, only way I'd believe it though is if they filmed themselves playing the CD or tape lol

Because when they manufacture CDs, tapes, records, etc. it's a process.  It's not like Death Row intentionally tried to make it a rare track.  IF the song was in the initial pressings, it would have been in the first shipments of all the CDs, tapes, records....they wouldn't just print it on a handful of records and produce all the other ones without the track at the same time.  Take Gz Up Hoes Down, that song was in the initial pressings, then pulled.  But that's why that song is out there, because so many first copies had it on there.  I know it's wishful thinking, but Tha Next Episode was never on any official release.  The tape rip did come from Foesum's website back in the day, and undoubtedly the webmaster got it from an early studio demo of Doggystyle.  It was pulled before anything was officially pressed up. 

Our only hope is that it was in WideAwake's inventory and someone grabbed it through the server leaks, but I heard that song wasn't even in that batch of songs.

Trust me, with the amount of hype and desireability this song has had for the past 20 years (it's probably the #1 most wanted unreleased song) if anyone had it, it would have leaked by now.  Could probably get 5-10 grand for it through a buying group if it was CDQ.  I don't think anyone would resist that temptation.   Especially over a rap song that is pushing 30 years old.  The market for fans that would want this is dwindling yearly.  Guarantee no one under the age of 25 gives two shits about this song, let alone paying money for it. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 06:28:52 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

Sccit

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2018, 10:30:42 AM »

Because when they manufacture CDs, tapes, records, etc. it's a process.  It's not like Death Row intentionally tried to make it a rare track.  IF the song was in the initial pressings, it would have been in the first shipments of all the CDs, tapes, records....they wouldn't just print it on a handful of records and produce all the other ones without the track at the same time.  Take Gz Up Hoes Down, that song was in the initial pressings, then pulled.  But that's why that song is out there, because so many first copies had it on there.  I know it's wishful thinking, but Tha Next Episode was never on any official release.  The tape rip did come from Foesum's website back in the day, and undoubtedly the webmaster got it from an early studio demo of Doggystyle.  It was pulled before anything was officially pressed up. 

Our only hope is that it was in WideAwake's inventory and someone grabbed it through the server leaks, but I heard that song wasn't even in that batch of songs.

Trust me, with the amount of hype and desireability this song has had for the past 20 years (it's probably the #1 most wanted unreleased song) if anyone had it, it would have leaked by now.  Could probably get 5-10 grand for it through a buying group if it was CDQ.  I don't think anyone would resist that temptation.   Especially over a rap song that is pushing 30 years old.  The market for fans that would want this is dwindling yearly.  Guarantee no one under the age of 25 gives two shits about this song, let alone paying money for it.

it coulda been on a promo version of the album that was sold at swapmeets

dj coma

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2018, 01:53:59 PM »
it coulda been on a promo version of the album that was sold at swapmeets

If anything a bootleg, not a promo.