Author Topic: Snoop Dogg new album : Neva left  (Read 20993 times)

Sccit

Re: Snoop Dogg new album : Neva left
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2017, 10:29:22 PM »
Mount Kushmore feat  Redman, Method Man & B-Real

damn, correa is already wrong

soopa-man

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2017, 10:29:59 PM »
Snoop's flow was super on point with COOLAiD I enjoyed it, he didn't get boring and some of the Swizz Beats was knocking... like I still bump the album... and he had those joints that didn't make the album ... "I'm from Long Beach" "back up" that were dope as shit... I know I'm forgetting some others that were smooth too.. i don't get the hate on that album... it was seriously upbeat and Snoop was on his game ... like Snoop ain't gonna change your life his shit is to ride to smoke to party to... drink to smoke to ... shit even girls like his shit ... well see what he has has left ....

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2017, 01:01:34 AM »
Snoop's flow was super on point with COOLAiD I enjoyed it, he didn't get boring and some of the Swizz Beats was knocking... like I still bump the album... and he had those joints that didn't make the album ... "I'm from Long Beach" "back up" that were dope as shit... I know I'm forgetting some others that were smooth too.. i don't get the hate on that album... it was seriously upbeat and Snoop was on his game ... like Snoop ain't gonna change your life his shit is to ride to smoke to party to... drink to smoke to ... shit even girls like his shit ... well see what he has has left ....

Yeah, I feel the same about "Coolaid". Snoop was on point and flowing his ass off on that one. Much more energetic than his usual form, I was really surprised he kept that energy throughout the whole record. From what I remember, folks appreciated his flow over here when it dropped, but some of the production was lacking.

The album didn't have any buzz at all and people just didn't care. I just notice some posts every once and a while naming it one of the most slept albums of 2016 on some sites. Album is slept on indeed. But the new album seems to do much better in that regard, the cover is being well received and makes people wanna listen to the album.

The official "Super Crip" video dropped a couple of weeks ago. I think it's from the "Coolaid" movie that will drop with the new album release.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Don Seer

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2017, 03:39:45 AM »
if this song is anything to go by, its gonna be a banger
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:15:08 AM by Don Seer »

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2017, 06:48:03 AM »
Snoop needs someone to coach him and executive produce the albums for him or they always end up being like 20 or 21 songs that all have a different sound and feel to them. I'm afraid this will another one of those albums, but i'll definitely check this out.

Agree wholeheartedly with this.  Snoop's best albums have been achieved when a big-name musical artist is overseeing the album and Snoop's been executing that vision (Dre w/ Doggystyle, Last Meal, Blue Carpet, Pharrell w/ R&G and Bush).  Without guidance, he turns out hodgepodge albums, which is a shame.

Dope album cover, but the album title is awful -- "Neva Left"????  Makes him sound like a blood  :snoopfacepalm:  (I keep a blue rag hanging out my baccside, but only on the left side, yeah that's the crip side) ... and then he makes an album called Neva Left.  He could have thought of something else.

All I'm hoping for is a few vintage-sounding cuts, and I expect the rest to be modern-day sounding filler.  As usual, Snoop could have waited a year or two and combined the best traccs from Coolaid and this album to make a really bomb album instead of rushing them both out.

I'm doubtful, but of course I'll checc it out.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Blood$

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 08:34:48 AM »
^ I did think the same about the whole "left" wording but at the same time it should be obvious what he means by it with the throwback cover art lol no need to look deeper into it  :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2017, 09:40:08 AM »
lmao

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2017, 10:06:29 AM »
I checked both BUSH and Coolaid this weekend and Bush was a really great album, even though there's no rap, the sound is amazing, AWAKE is probably the greatest Snoop song I've heard since The Blue Carpet Treatment! Coolaid had some nice joints like Super Crip, What If, Affilated etc. but the whole album features a gang of fillers with no replay values...

Sccit

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2017, 10:52:26 AM »
I checked both BUSH and Coolaid this weekend and Bush was a really great album, even though there's no rap, the sound is amazing, AWAKE is probably the greatest Snoop song I've heard since The Blue Carpet Treatment! Coolaid had some nice joints like Super Crip, What If, Affilated etc. but the whole album features a gang of fillers with no replay values...

keep playing coolaid, it'll grow on u....better than bush tbh

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2017, 12:10:03 PM »

Nah bro it wont, I gave it a fair amount of plays when it came out (around 20 replays) and I still can't stand the Swizz tracks and some songs are also big fillers... but nowadays with all the quantity of Snoop songs we get per year I can't allow a song like "Feel About Snoop" to be on his official solo album... a song like 420 on the Grow House OST is way better for instance, even the U Name It song challenge produced by Battlecat was better!

BUSH was better because it was cohesive as an album, it has a theme and it was well rounded.
Coolaid is going in too many directions kind of like Malice In Wonderland which is prolly his worst album imo

1/ Doggystyle
2/ Tha Last Meal
3/ No Limit Top Dogg
4/ Tha DoggFather
5/ Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
6/ R&G
7/ BUSH
8/ Paid The Cost To Be Da Bo$$
9/ Doggumentary
10/ Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told
11/ Ego Trippin
12/ Coolaid
13/ Malice In Wonderland
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:13:17 PM by Dogg Ly Dogg »

2Relevant

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2017, 02:21:40 PM »
Mount Kushmore feat  Redman, Method Man & B-Real

damn, correa is already wrong

this is nothing special generic 2000ish dre type clone beat

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2017, 03:20:28 PM »

Nah bro it wont, I gave it a fair amount of plays when it came out (around 20 replays) and I still can't stand the Swizz tracks and some songs are also big fillers... but nowadays with all the quantity of Snoop songs we get per year I can't allow a song like "Feel About Snoop" to be on his official solo album... a song like 420 on the Grow House OST is way better for instance, even the U Name It song challenge produced by Battlecat was better!

BUSH was better because it was cohesive as an album, it has a theme and it was well rounded.
Coolaid is going in too many directions kind of like Malice In Wonderland which is prolly his worst album imo

1/ Doggystyle
2/ Tha Last Meal
3/ No Limit Top Dogg
4/ Tha DoggFather
6/ R&G
7/ BUSH
9/ Doggumentary
11/ Ego Trippin
12/ Coolaid
13/ Malice In Wonderland

duno what u talkin bout, feel about snoop was a dope cut imo

ur also missin 7 dayz of funk and smokefest from your list

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2017, 11:48:19 PM »
these snippets sound better than anything from him in the last 10 years. im suprised. it could be a solid lp

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2017, 07:40:21 AM »

1/ Doggystyle
2/ Tha Last Meal
3/ No Limit Top Dogg
4/ Tha DoggFather
6/ R&G
7/ BUSH
9/ Doggumentary
11/ Ego Trippin
12/ Coolaid
13/ Malice In Wonderland

duno what u talkin bout, feel about snoop was a dope cut imo

ur also missin 7 dayz of funk and smokefest from your list

Feel About Snoop is too easy, it sounded like mixtape cut imo
7 Days is a EP, Smokefest is unofficial and I didnt count Reincarnated because it's a raggae album

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2017, 08:57:32 AM »
snoop put out smokefest independently..still a real album

7 dayz was about as long as bush, only better