Author Topic: Snoop Dogg new album : Neva left  (Read 20975 times)

Okka

Re: Snoop Dogg new album : Neva left
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2017, 04:49:02 AM »
snoop put out smokefest independently..still a real album

7 dayz was about as long as bush, only better

"Smokefest" was a compilation, still official though, but not an "album".

Sccit

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2017, 09:08:58 AM »

it's not really tho, that's just what the people called it .. snoop released it himself and it was all new music of his at the time. the confusion is because snoop released it without label support and sold copies exclusively at shows he was doin. so now it's a "compilation", but if death row put it out then it woulda been an "album".. bullshit

Okka

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2017, 09:45:43 AM »

it's not really tho, that's just what the people called it .. snoop released it himself and it was all new music of his at the time. the confusion is because snoop released it without label support and sold copies exclusively at shows he was doin. so now it's a "compilation", but if death row put it out then it woulda been an "album".. bullshit

Most of those songs were recorded while Snoop was still on Death Row. I'm not sayin' it's not official, of course it's official since Snoop himself put it out, but i consider it to be a compilation. Just like "Dead Man Walkin" is a compilation of leftover songs that were not meant just for one album or Nas' "The Lost Tapes" or Ice Cube's "Bootlegs & B-Sides". Those releases are not structured like albums are, if you know what i mean? It's just a bunch of songs.

doggfather

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2017, 10:13:09 AM »
Mount Kushmore feat  Redman, Method Man & B-Real

damn, correa is already wrong

this is nothing special generic 2000ish dre type clone beat

phuck i like this.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2017, 12:13:29 PM »
As a road sign nerd, I love the cover!
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

DJSpin

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2017, 05:36:41 PM »
Where can I cop this smokefest album y'all speak of?   Also when does Neva Left drop?

Sccit

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2017, 09:06:47 PM »

PLANT

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2017, 06:17:39 AM »
Not really feeling that mount kushmore track.  It's ok, but sounds seriously dated to early 2000. 

There's 3 tracks I'm looking forward to

Track with the CREAM and q tip sample
Track with October London
Track with Tray Dee on outro after Snoop rapping

Those will be the best three tracks from everything I've heard so far

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2017, 12:01:37 AM »
New Song from The Album
Crip or Die

k1000

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2017, 01:40:42 AM »
song was on the "Beach City" compilation released in 2015.

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2017, 05:10:28 AM »
song was on the "Beach City" compilation released in 2015.

Oh ok
Sorry then

Blood$

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2017, 06:38:26 AM »

Most of those songs were recorded while Snoop was still on Death Row. I'm not sayin' it's not official, of course it's official since Snoop himself put it out, but i consider it to be a compilation. Just like "Dead Man Walkin" is a compilation of leftover songs that were not meant just for one album or Nas' "The Lost Tapes" or Ice Cube's "Bootlegs & B-Sides". Those releases are not structured like albums are, if you know what i mean? It's just a bunch of songs.

beat me to it lol

Sccit

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2017, 01:02:42 PM »

a lot of albums are structured like this though .. like slim shady lp was mostly songs from when before he joined aftermath .. is that a compilation? to me, any time an artist releases their own album full of songs they haven't previously released, unless they give it a special name like "unreleased hits" then it's an official album .. that's what snoop billed it as.

Okka

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2017, 06:06:23 PM »
That's your opinion, ain't nothin' wrong with that. Here's how Nas feels about "The Lost Tapes".

"I mean it’s a group of songs, so it’s album, but also it’s not really my album. It’s just a bunch of songs. It’s an album in its own right like some lost artists from the 80s or 70s; some lost artists songs. Not putting myself up there, but if you found a Marvin Gaye ten/twelve songs he never released, it’s not a Marvin album but it’s Marvin Music. So I agree, it’s not an album by me."

doggfather

« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2017, 12:35:35 AM »
I am with Okka iin this question.

smokefest aint a real solo album. sorry.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ