Author Topic: LayLowMartinez & Nate Dogg - Is That What U Want Prod. by Fredwreck Coming soon  (Read 5747 times)

romson19

I feel Super Spider on this one... Nate Dogg passed away 6 years ago and nobody has released shit besides Warren G and his EP and a couple of leaks here and there. A posthumous album was supposed to drop, "It's a wonderful life" but this got cancelled.

Fredwreck has plenty of other businesses, he doesn't seem to care much about releasing Nate Dogg material. Nate Dogg's family does not seem capable of much (they only managed to beef about Nate's real estate after his passing), DPG, Snoop, Dre, BC, Warren G do not have any intention to work together to release an album, so we might have one or two tracks per year released. Rod Mc Grew that supposely was a mentor to Nate is MIA too.

All those people by the way are ignoring Nate's wishes... Listen to Julio G's one hour intrview... Nate was impressed and inspired by Tupac's work ethic, he was always recording and said he has a huge vault for stuff to be released after his passing because he always wanted his music to  outlive him. Just listen to the interview.

Nate recorded Gospel music during the last part of his life. He wanted to show another side of him, that had always been with him. I read this in one of his last interviews (cannot find it anymore). He said that his work has always been inspired by Gospel, especially G-Funk classics and it's choruses, and that now he felt that it was time to fully go back to his roots, to make straight Gospel music. Fredwreck, according to Warren G, has some of these Gospel tracks. Whoever have them, fuck them for not releasing it, that's how I feel.

Now the truth is that all the people I have mentionned above do not care about releasing Nate Dogg's music because it is too much time, too much effort, too much coordination and I guess legal issue to release it with no dollars to be made, let's be honnest. They would rock RIP shirts, throw a 10 minutes mix during the concert, write stuff on fucking social media to "keep Nate's legacy alive" but that's it.

My conclusion : as a fan I am happy to hear anything Nate related, even stolen by a douchebag, because we are not going to hear much more from him.  

agree
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

Okka

I doubt Nate Dogg would've wanted his work to be stolen.

SuperSpider

I doubt Nate Dogg would've wanted his work to be stolen.

To be honest I couldn't care less what an artist wanted, especially if they are dead. I am a fan of what Nate Dogg did as an artist and all I care about is getting to hear the material which materialized at some point

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream

No, it's not. Somebody who actually knew and worked with Nate could've used the hook.

But that would suck even more, 'cause you wouldn't be able to know if the record was finished when Nate was still around.

I just want the unreleased shit untouched. No new verses, intro's, outro's or whatever. Fuck that. Same goes for Biggie and 4-Bent material.

Or atleast let them put somethin' like "remix" or whatever behind the tracks with new verses/beats/whatever.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Sccit

No, it's not. Somebody who actually knew and worked with Nate could've used the hook.

But that would suck even more, 'cause you wouldn't be able to know if the record was finished when Nate was still around.

I just want the unreleased shit untouched. No new verses, intro's, outro's or whatever. Fuck that. Same goes for Biggie and 4-Bent material.

Or atleast let them put somethin' like "remix" or whatever behind the tracks with new verses/beats/whatever.

thats how tracks come to fruition though....nate does his part, some1 like daz would come in and do their part. at least if its within the dpg family, its guna be something like how the song was intended to sound. with this martinez foo, shit jus sounds bootleg than a mufucka.

Okka

thats how tracks come to fruition though....nate does his part, some1 like daz would come in and do their part. at least if its within the dpg family, its guna be something like how the song was intended to sound. with this martinez foo, shit jus sounds bootleg than a mufucka.

Yeah and this dude wasn't in the studio with Nate and Fredwreck.