Author Topic: The Official Las Vegas Raiders of Oakland Thread  (Read 5913 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
The Official Las Vegas Raiders of Oakland Thread
« on: March 29, 2017, 01:08:57 PM »
Welcome to Sin City, Raider Nation. Has there ever been a more messed up partnership that can be so beautifully chaotic than this.

Sccit

Re: The Official Las Vegas Raiders of Oakland Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 03:32:15 PM »
i feel for oakland, but i fux wit this move 8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 07:10:28 AM »
I agree. I really feel for the Oakland sports fans. But Raider Nation is basically all of California, and the die hard fans are mostly in Southern California. LV is going to be crazy the weekends of games. The NFL is the perfect Vegas sport, I said in previous post. People will get season tickets who live in LA and the IE, they'll drive up and party on Friday, chill and party Saturday night, then get up for game day. LV is still California time zone, so basically people in LA and the IE will have 8 party weekends in Vegas a year.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 09:07:10 AM »
As if I needed the traffic to Vegas to be worse than it is.

But on the flip side, perhaps this will accelerate the construction of the monorail from SoCal to Vegas, though in curious what the target price points will be, because unless it's cheap, I'd rather just fly.  But I bet those train rides will have a lot of suspicious characters on there.  A 3-4 train ride and booze with all the types of people going might require security on the train.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 10:00:32 AM »

But on the flip side, perhaps this will accelerate the construction of the monorail from SoCal to Vegas, though in curious what the target price points will be, because unless it's cheap, I'd rather just fly.  But I bet those train rides will have a lot of suspicious characters on there.  A 3-4 train ride and booze with all the types of people going might require security on the train.

yea that traffic bout to be gruesome

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 10:40:22 AM »

yea that traffic bout to be gruesome

Traffic from San Bernardino to Vegas though ain't bad, as long as it's either early or late on a Friday. That 15 isn't too bad if you get on early enough. But once it hits like 4pm, you might as well wait for Saturday.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 01:02:37 PM »
That's true but not everyone is leaving from San Bernardino, which is past the more problematic stretches for SoCal residents. That's the easy part, it's that fucking 91 freeway that I have to deal with. That 30-40 miles is atrocious.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 02:03:19 PM »
That's true but not everyone is leaving from San Bernardino, which is past the more problematic stretches for SoCal residents. That's the easy part, it's that fucking 91 freeway that I have to deal with. That 30-40 miles is atrocious.

101 to 134 to 210 to 15

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 02:12:06 PM »

101 to 134 to 210 to 15
That's what I took when I lived in Oxnard but I'm coming from the OC. No way around it.  I've tried other routes like the 55-5-57-60 or 10 but it still sucks. I just fly, flights are fairly cheap out of John Wayne.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 02:39:42 PM »

101 to 134 to 210 to 15
That's what I took when I lived in Oxnard but I'm coming from the OC. No way around it.  I've tried other routes like the 55-5-57-60 or 10 but it still sucks. I just fly, flights are fairly cheap out of John Wayne.

Yeah man, OC sucks. When we'd go to Disneyland, we had to go on the 91 and it was unbearable. Living in the OC, you might have to switch teams. I mean, even in LA, if you can catch that 210, it FLIES to San Bernardino, which you get the 15 and then you're golden. When I'm home (be home this summer!) we are going to Vegas and it's easy as hell. So you know all the boys from my area are super excited about this move. Going to Vegas out  there is actually easier than going to LA, even though LA is closer.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 07:15:44 PM »
Yeah from San Bernardino it's easy as long as there aren't any accidents or anything.  But to be honest I haven't really cared much for the Raiders since they got massacred by Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl.  But since I grew up in Oxnard, that's where they used to have their training camps when they were in LA so my mom used to take us there to get autographs and stuff.  The Cowboys had been using that same facility for most of the last decade but not anymore since it's being developed into housing.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 08:39:39 AM »
Yeah from San Bernardino it's easy as long as there aren't any accidents or anything.  But to be honest I haven't really cared much for the Raiders since they got massacred by Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl.  But since I grew up in Oxnard, that's where they used to have their training camps when they were in LA so my mom used to take us there to get autographs and stuff.  The Cowboys had been using that same facility for most of the last decade but not anymore since it's being developed into housing.

So who yo' team?

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 11:46:57 AM »
Now? Nobody. I liked the 49ers when I was a kid because of Joe Montana, then the Raiders when I started going to their training camps, then the Cowboys around when they had Aikman and Emmitt Smith, except I couldn't wear their stuff since he main Mexican gang in the city wore it and our school didn't let you wear it.  But I still liked the Raiders anyway but didn't follow them as closely after that Super Bowl.  Then I got more into college football - UCLA is my team, but last season was hard to watch.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2017, 08:21:37 PM »
So your a free agent, and the Rams and Chargers couldn't sell you.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 08:28:49 PM by M Dogg™ »

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 11:03:34 PM »
So your a free agent, and the Rams and Chargers couldn't sell you.
Yep.  Went to the Rams training camp at UCI and wasn't impressed.  I remember watching Goff throw a really bad pick to where there wasn't even a receiver in that vicinity.  But I didn't care for the Rams when they were here before, no reason to start now.