Author Topic: The Official Las Vegas Raiders of Oakland Thread  (Read 5917 times)

Sccit

Re: The Official Las Vegas Raiders of Oakland Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 12:51:39 AM »
So your a free agent, and the Rams and Chargers couldn't sell you.
Yep.  Went to the Rams training camp at UCI and wasn't impressed.  I remember watching Goff throw a really bad pick to where there wasn't even a receiver in that vicinity.  But I didn't care for the Rams when they were here before, no reason to start now.

gota rep them rams homie...well be back soon

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 07:26:19 AM »
So your a free agent, and the Rams and Chargers couldn't sell you.
Yep.  Went to the Rams training camp at UCI and wasn't impressed.  I remember watching Goff throw a really bad pick to where there wasn't even a receiver in that vicinity.  But I didn't care for the Rams when they were here before, no reason to start now.

gota rep them rams homie...well be back soon

I mean, he has choices, and in LA it's about having choices. Maybe eventually the Chargers will win him over. I mean Rivers maybe older, but I could see with a good QB pick, them making a comeback and being a playoff team again. They actually aren't far away from being a playoff team now.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 08:27:17 AM »
Nah I'm good. Don't get me wrong, I hope the Rams get better but I'm probably not going to be a big fan. Even my friends who got season tickets can't get me to go with them hahaha.

I don't have a "team," but I just root for a bunch of teams when they're on... in no particular order, Raiders (because I liked them when I was younger), Cowboys (same reason), Patriots (I can't seem to hate them, plus I liked them when they had Drew Bledsoe and even had his jersey back in the day), Packers (not just because of Aaron Rodgers but they got a few UCLA players like Hundley and Clark), Vikings (Barr and Kendrick from UCLA).

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2017, 08:41:33 AM »
Nah I'm good. Don't get me wrong, I hope the Rams get better but I'm probably not going to be a big fan. Even my friends who got season tickets can't get me to go with them hahaha.

I don't have a "team," but I just root for a bunch of teams when they're on... in no particular order, Raiders (because I liked them when I was younger), Cowboys (same reason), Patriots (I can't seem to hate them, plus I liked them when they had Drew Bledsoe and even had his jersey back in the day), Packers (not just because of Aaron Rodgers but they got a few UCLA players like Hundley and Clark), Vikings (Barr and Kendrick from UCLA).

I feel the same way about some teams. I had a Jim Harbaugh jersey when he was in Indy, so I always had a soft spot for the Colts. If Harbaugh coached the Raiders, I would have been unbearable. I use to like the Patriots with Bledsoe, great Pac 10 QB, but the Tuck Rule game ruined them for me. My second team has always been the Packers. So it's all good. But even when they were in LA the first time, the Rams just never appealed to me.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2017, 12:01:31 PM »
After I liked the Raiders and Cowboys, I kind of ended up liking teams that took on players I followed in college. I was a Peyton Manning fan when he was in Tennessee, so naturally I liked the Colts and then the Broncos (though not necessarily ahead of other teams I still liked), though I still like the Colts since I'm still a Luck fan.  Plus I met Vincent Brown (who was on the Raiders before the Colts) a week before he started practicing with the Colts, and he was a real down to earth dude, though obviously he wasn't that great and unfortunately got waived.  But it's crazy how fucking big the guy is, it's hard to imagine that NFL WRs are that size, more or less.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2017, 02:29:44 PM »
fairweather lookin mufuckaz

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2017, 04:14:35 PM »
Not when I still root for the same teams I always have.

Still, i don't expect much production out of the Rams, especially when Yarber is their new WR coach. Combine that with their uncertainty at QB and it's going to look a lot like last season.

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2017, 04:53:39 PM »
rep your city foo!

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2017, 08:33:30 PM »
Do you rep the Clippers?

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2017, 08:51:08 PM »
Do you rep the Clippers?

no...I rep the lakers. clippers is our rival, can't root for both (I used to when clippers embraced being lil bro). i pick 1 team that reps my city in every sport.

basketball:
lakers
ucla
sparks

baseball:
dodgers

football:
rams
ucla

soccer:
galaxy

hockey:
kings

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 10:08:06 PM »
Clippers only became "rivals" when they stopped sucking within the past ten years.  Hardly a rivalry, especially when they've never won a championship, let alone made it out of the second round of the playoffs.

UCLA, Lakers, Angels and Dodgers.  I root for enough of the home teams.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2017, 10:15:33 PM »
^thats what I'm saying...they don't have enough to be a true rival, but they are definitely the anti-laker. rule of thumb, u can only full-heartedly root for 1 team in every league without being a fairweather.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2017, 06:33:27 AM »
I like a lot of teams, just maybe not their fans. Never hated the Clips, just their fans who were quiet until CP3 and Griffin. Never hated he Warriors (except Curry), just their fans who were quiet until they finally were within arms reach of a ring.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 10:56:01 AM »
Man, it's hard to be a Rams fan. Even my uncle, long time Rams fan moved to the Raiders. I hope them or the Chargers get some traction, because LA needs something.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2017, 11:24:02 AM »
Yeah, if you want to see a home win at the Coliseum, you'll just have to go to USC games for the time being.