Author Topic: The Official Las Vegas Raiders of Oakland Thread  (Read 5919 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: The Official Las Vegas Raiders of Oakland Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2017, 02:46:40 PM »
So then it's NOT about the city then. Got it.

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2017, 03:33:12 PM »

how is it not about the city? are u playin games now?? i just told u i root for the rams cuz they moved here. u either playin dumb now or purposely insultin my intelligence

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2017, 03:40:15 PM »
From what I know of Sccit, he roots for the LA team. So if the Rams moved, then he'd root for the Chargers because they are there, if they moved them he'd assess the situation and then go from there (like if the Raiders are winning, then move to the Raiders). Of course the Rams aren't moving, Kroenke didn't pay $3 Billion to build a stadium and move.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2017, 04:17:08 PM »

how is it not about the city? are u playin games now?? i just told u i root for the rams cuz they moved here. u either playin dumb now or purposely insultin my intelligence
So then why didn't  you just say yes then? Dancing around the question with that "not sure until it happens" response.

Sccit

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2017, 04:19:21 PM »

So then why didn't  you just say yes then? Dancing around the question with that "not sure until it happens" response.

i've never had a team i root for leave my city, so i don't know how i'd react until it happens. it is what it is mayn.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2017, 04:39:22 PM »

So then why didn't  you just say yes then? Dancing around the question with that "not sure until it happens" response.

i've never had a team i root for leave my city, so i don't know how i'd react until it happens. it is what it is mayn.

That's right, you were a little kid when the Raiders left. I was 14 when they left, it devastated me. I decided to stick with them though, and now that trip is taking me to rooting for a Las Vegas team. But if they moved to Texas, I was done.

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2017, 07:18:57 PM »
Jumping in late on the subject matter. Same stinky Mexican cholos from LA gonna be at all the raider games talking bout "Raider Nation Homes".
who cares about the oakland fans anyway. LA didn't have a pro football team for 20 years just glad we have 2 teams now.
TBH i would rather have the raiders back in LA then the chargers so it could be like the old times when they were both here. LA is about 45% Raiders, 38% Rams, 10% Cowboys and 7% other. (not definite account but a rough estimate) That will change in a 10 year span with more charger/ rams fan getting momentum and a new generation of fans. Winning games  and championships will win bandwagoners over as in LA there is a lot of them. No Loyalty. Not entirely true but you see it all the time. like Clipper fans all of a sudden when LA is clearly a Laker town.

quick little rant
My team will always be the Niners. shitty or not thats my team. loyal like a raider fan. i don't have a problem with the Team, its just raider fans are obnoxious and annoying and rep it like a gang or something which i think is stupid thus i associate stupid with raider fans so there you have it.
Peace
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

Sccit

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2017, 11:20:32 PM »

That's right, you were a little kid when the Raiders left. I was 14 when they left, it devastated me. I decided to stick with them though, and now that trip is taking me to rooting for a Las Vegas team. But if they moved to Texas, I was done.

not really an age thing, I was a hardcore laker fan in '95...football just didn't interest me that much back then. I remember losing the raiders and rams, but I didn't really follow the nfl like that. I liked the raiders casually, but wasn't invested enough to care that much. I do remember starting to feel upset that there wasn't football in LA around 2002 when the Raiders was in the superbowl, and I fuxed wit them from the side, but never really followed like that.....this is the first year I really followed a team 100.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2017, 07:56:39 AM »

not really an age thing, I was a hardcore laker fan in '95...football just didn't interest me that much back then. I remember losing the raiders and rams, but I didn't really follow the nfl like that. I liked the raiders casually, but wasn't invested enough to care that much. I do remember starting to feel upset that there wasn't football in LA around 2002 when the Raiders was in the superbowl, and I fuxed wit them from the side, but never really followed like that.....this is the first year I really followed a team 100.

But I do think it's an age thing. 1995, the Raiders were in Oakland. 1994 was their last year in LA, and they barely missed the playoffs in the last game, went 9-7 and no one had any clue they'd leave, unlike the Rams which it was know about October.

But it is an age thing, because at the LA Raiders height, with NWA in Raider gear, at the same time Bo Jackson was running over "The Boz" on Monday Night Football, with Tom Flores and Art Shell as the first two minority head coaches for a team in LA which has a large Mexican and Black populations, the Raiders at their height was LA. I mean, the franchise now, it's very Bay Area culture. Which is fine. It's not the same team it was in the late-80's-early-90's. That culture is gone, and it's fine. But at the time, there was no Black Hole in LA, even in the 70's in Oakland, the fans in Oakland were more pirate Raider image fans. In LA, it was very, streets, very South Central, yet very Hollywood with Bo and Marcus Allen.

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »

But I do think it's an age thing. 1995, the Raiders were in Oakland. 1994 was their last year in LA, and they barely missed the playoffs in the last game, went 9-7 and no one had any clue they'd leave, unlike the Rams which it was know about October.

But it is an age thing, because at the LA Raiders height, with NWA in Raider gear, at the same time Bo Jackson was running over "The Boz" on Monday Night Football, with Tom Flores and Art Shell as the first two minority head coaches for a team in LA which has a large Mexican and Black populations, the Raiders at their height was LA. I mean, the franchise now, it's very Bay Area culture. Which is fine. It's not the same team it was in the late-80's-early-90's. That culture is gone, and it's fine. But at the time, there was no Black Hole in LA, even in the 70's in Oakland, the fans in Oakland were more pirate Raider image fans. In LA, it was very, streets, very South Central, yet very Hollywood with Bo and Marcus Allen.

naah.. like i said, i was a die hard laker fan at that age. just wasn't really into football yet.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2017, 10:02:37 AM »
It's an age thing for sure though like M Dogg said. I'm just a little younger and would've been 11 or 12 but I remember. LA was all Raiders, and I never even really knew anyone who was a Rams fan. It was like the Lakers and Clippers (obviously before when  the Lakers sucked and the Clips got good), if that analogy explains anything.  I would have loved for the Raiders to come back instead of either team.  But I wasn't a Rams fan when they were in LA before, and I gave them a shot but couldn't get into them.

Dogg brings up a good point about how much the Raiders were a part of the culture here, especially in the streets.  I remember how at school, they used to send us home with letters to our parents saying that they discouraged wearing Raiders stuff.

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2017, 10:15:42 AM »
It's an age thing for sure though like M Dogg said. I'm just a little younger and would've been 11 or 12 but I remember. LA was all Raiders, and I never even really knew anyone who was a Rams fan. It was like the Lakers and Clippers (obviously before when  the Lakers sucked and the Clips got good), if that analogy explains anything.  I would have loved for the Raiders to come back instead of either team.  But I wasn't a Rams fan when they were in LA before, and I gave them a shot but couldn't get into them.

Dogg brings up a good point about how much the Raiders were a part of the culture here, especially in the streets.  I remember how at school, they used to send us home with letters to our parents saying that they discouraged wearing Raiders stuff.

see, but how u guna tell me what i feel about something? that's what fucks me up bout people.. i'll repeat it again, i was a die hard laker fan in 94-95 and i woulda been devastated had they left LA .. i simply didn't care about football as much back then. if i liked football as much as i liked basketball, i woulda been following the raiders. but i didn't. it's a preference thing..take it from the man himself.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2017, 10:23:25 AM »
I will say, you get into football at an older age. I wasn't into football until like, 9 years old. Basketball I was into at 5. I wanted to be Magic, Magic's smile on TV got me hooked. Football, I mean I liked watching the 49ers with Joe Montana, but it wasn't until Bo Jackson and the Raiders that I really got into it.

Sccit

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2017, 10:38:46 AM »
I will say, you get into football at an older age. I wasn't into football until like, 9 years old. Basketball I was into at 5. I wanted to be Magic, Magic's smile on TV got me hooked. Football, I mean I liked watching the 49ers with Joe Montana, but it wasn't until Bo Jackson and the Raiders that I really got into it.

you might have a point .. basketball is the superior sport and much more appealing to the eye. anybody can watch it. football, u gotta really get into.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2017, 10:41:19 AM »

you might have a point .. basketball is the superior sport and much more appealing to the eye. anybody can watch it. football, u gotta really get into.

And that's a point that can't be argued. My 3 year old LOVES basketball. He was watching the NCAA tournament with me, sat there like it was a cartoon. He watches it with more attention than Disney... LOL And I'm not even lying on that.