Author Topic: tnp n seer's Skate board vid thread.. lol  (Read 120 times)

tnp

tnp n seer's Skate board vid thread.. lol
« on: April 28, 2003, 11:28:10 AM »
The one when Homer leaves Bart at the soccer field, so Bart calls Big Brother and tells them his dad is dead. Bart gets a Big Brother and Homer signs up to get revenge on him. Perfect in every sense.

I didn't like the Tony Hawk one, but I haven't really liked the ones since '98 anyway. Yeah the Tony Hawk one was the 300th episode from February or March. Blink 182 also guest stars.

Damn, I remember when Tony Hawk was just a 12 year old phenom from the Bones Brigade videos from the mid-80s.

peace,
tnp
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 11:30:13 AM by tnp »

Don Seer

Re:Favorite Simpsons episode
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 11:29:16 AM »
i have all the bones brigade videos apart from the very first one (in divx.. and some on VHS too u can get them from kazaa) public domain was the 'in' video when i first started... after that it was Plan B's 'Questionable' video which defined the start of the current era 10 years ago. (and the man in my avatar was in both)

i'm still looking for animal chin   ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 11:32:35 AM by Overseer »

tnp

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 11:36:38 AM »
Animal Chin was sooo big when it came out, they had the release in a movie theater in San Francisco. But Public Domain is what really killed me, watching Ray Barbee skate in that opening black and white sequence, shit was crazy. That was the first time I'd ever seen a kickflip and it took me forever to learn to do it too. I do remember seeing Rodney Mullen on some sort of Believe It Or Not type show (in a fucking helmet on some cardboard so the board wouldn't mess up the stage), along with the Mike Vallely Public Domain sequence they showed.

I have Future Primitive, Public Domain, #6 whatever that one was and also Hocus Pocus (not by Powell but still cool) from the 80s on VHS.

The first one is so so, you're not missing much unless you want to see a young Tony Hawk skate in a concrete skate park bowl and see Lance Mountain street skate a little (and street skating for him wasn't much, just little shit).

peace,
tnp
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 11:38:37 AM by tnp »

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 11:39:00 AM »
hehe sounds coo... i gotta get the set though!
future primitive is kinda aiight too

but public domain is defo 'the one' for me

(6 is 'ban this' .. i saw it a long time ago.. dlded in divx but it wont play)

do you know about 'dogtown and z-boys' ?

if not.. look it up ;)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 11:40:33 AM by Overseer »

Don Seer

Re:tnp n seer's Skate board vid thread.. lol
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 11:44:56 AM »
fuck it look here ~> http://www.sonyclassics.com/dogtown/

used the new "split" thread thingy to make this thread :)

tnp

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 11:50:59 AM »
 Yep, have it on VHS (Dogtown...). What impresses everyone I've talked to about it is the amount of footage they have from that era. That guy must have been walking around with a video camera every single time he went out.

Oh yeah, 6 is Ban This (love the sequence with Pablo Diaz etc.)

Future Primitive had to tide me over til Animal Chin, and Animal Chin had to tide me over til Public Domain. Because Future Primitive was the most recent one out when I got into skating.

It took me so long to learn kickflips that I learned it on a Ray Barbee board (and you know Powell/Peralta loved to keep their people amateurs for years).

peace,
tnp

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 11:52:35 AM »
i'm re-learning kickflips right now.. just about had them kinda sorted oct last year before i smacked my hip on a mini-ramp.. was just getting into heel flips n that back then.... woe :(
landed a couple triple flips back in the day

i had a barbee board once, the one with the rag doll and the playing cards

btw.. todays current 'fave' skate vid with folx around here is transworlds 'in bloom' and one called 'pj ladd's wonderful horrible life' snatch from kazaa if ya  curious ;)   - some really horrible slams in the pj ladd's one btw
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 11:54:54 AM by Overseer »

tnp

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 11:58:04 AM »
Yup that's the one...had a Caballero board, Barbee, Vallely, Matt Hensley, Jason Lee (isn't he an actor now?) Chris Miller on Schmitt Stix board. It was so difficult to learn kickflips that I couldn't do it moving, I had to go somewhere stationary and learn. Finally learned to kick the right foot out forward instead of down like I was (cause I skated goofy footed).

Holy shit, just realized the time (I have to go mail a certain Warren G radio interview to someone  ;))

peace,
tnp
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 12:05:50 PM by tnp »

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2003, 12:01:56 PM »
haha yeah.. pz...

flips... out not down ;) .. i actually learned to do it down (used to slam it really hard) before i learned to do it 'out' and then catch them as its coming up. crazy huh!... i can still ollie pretty damn high.. takes 10 mins to get that back sweet as hell :)
was getting good on the mini ramp till i twatted my hip on one i'd never been on before...