Author Topic: Where would you rank Mase on an all time list?  (Read 776 times)

ThaDoctorIsIn

• Lil Geezy
Where would you rank Mase on an all time list?
« on: July 22, 2018, 10:38:25 AM »
I was watching an older episode of the Joe Budden Podcast, and Joe brought up a good point; Mase is lower on his greatest rappers of all time list because of the fact that he left. Remember when Kanye said “Don’t leave while you’re hot, that’s how Mase screwed up”?

So where would you guys all rank Mase? I personally really like Mase, but I do feel like his leaving after Double Up dropped affects where he lands on an all time list.

Blood$

Re: Where would you rank Mase on an all time list?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 10:58:59 AM »
not even in my top 50, or even 100 lol

WestWestYA

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 04:08:34 PM »
His first album was good for that era of Hip-Hop. But double was trash and his 3rd album was super garbage without puffy.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 06:46:21 PM »
Like 284th all-time.

doggfather

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 10:27:30 PM »
Lol, he aint has a place on that list.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

ThaDoctorIsIn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 09:03:32 AM »
Like 284th all-time.

But why? Obviously he wasn’t Pac or Biggie, but he’s not that bad. Like I said in OP, did his leaving and coming back affect his ranking?

ThaDoctorIsIn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 09:06:15 AM »
His first album was good for that era of Hip-Hop. But double was trash and his 3rd album was super garbage without puffy.

I agree. Double Up has like 2 good songs on it.

I don’t think that was the problem with Welcome Back because I’m almost positive it was released on Bad Boy (and I think Puff was on the second single). I think the problem Welcome Back had was that Mase was a “bad boy gone clean”; nobody was tryna hear that, they wanted the same Mase they had when he left.

dnjp4life

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 12:51:04 PM »
In all honesty I haven't listened to Mase enough to rank him on a list, but I guess in a way that goes to show that I don't consider him good enough to put on a personal best-of list.

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 05:29:28 PM »
Like 284th all-time.

But why? Obviously he wasn’t Pac or Biggie, but he’s not that bad. Like I said in OP, did his leaving and coming back affect his ranking?

he had some cool joints but nothing about him puts him on any sort of "greatest" list in all honesty lol not saying he's that bad or terrible by any means

ThaDoctorIsIn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 06:34:00 PM »
In all honesty I haven't listened to Mase enough to rank him on a list, but I guess in a way that goes to show that I don't consider him good enough to put on a personal best-of list.

That's fair. I'd recommend his first album, Harlem World. He's had some cool guest verses throughout the years, too.

Like 284th all-time.

he had some cool joints but nothing about him puts him on any sort of "greatest" list in all honesty lol not saying he's that bad or terrible by any means

Nah I get that, I can totally see where you're coming from too.

WestWestYA

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 03:48:35 AM »

Classic

The following users thanked this post: ThaDoctorIsIn

ThaDoctorIsIn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 04:55:39 PM »

Classic

That song goes hard. The song he did with DMX and LOX on It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot slaps too.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 01:41:41 PM »
I really do like Ma$e style when he was on top of his game with Bad Boy, his debut album was really a great record, his second was alright and to be honest I also enjoyed his 3rd album (mostly because of those Rick Rock slaps on it) but yeah he can't be listed among the best rappers because he left so early and he never came back and beside his voice is all fucked up now...

BIGWORM

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 10:12:06 PM »
Mr. “Flu flu ha ha da da chi cha” is right beside Silk Da Shocker at one million and ninety nine on my list.

ThaDoctorIsIn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 07:41:05 AM »
I really do like Ma$e style when he was on top of his game with Bad Boy, his debut album was really a great record, his second was alright and to be honest I also enjoyed his 3rd album (mostly because of those Rick Rock slaps on it) but yeah he can't be listed among the best rappers because he left so early and he never came back and beside his voice is all fucked up now...

I agree. He did a song with Eric Bellinger’s album earlier this year and... not gonna sugercoat it, shit was trash.

Mr. “Flu flu ha ha da da chi cha” is right beside Silk Da Shocker at one million and ninety nine on my list.

Lmfaooo come on man