Author Topic: Who did DJ Quik make this beat for?  (Read 1229 times)

OriginalVersion

Who did DJ Quik make this beat for?
« on: December 24, 2018, 04:16:15 AM »
+++||ORIGINAL VERSION||+++

Re: Who did DJ Quik make this beat for?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 05:05:09 AM »
So many of these "Look out for Detox" session clips had straight up bangas that we'd expect from the Dre who defined genres and set trends innovative beats. Instead we got Compton, eughck! 

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 10:22:36 AM »

damn this would be sick entrance music for a boxer to walk to the ring to. got an epic sound.. would also be perfect as an intro to any album. hope it surfaces somewhere.

Schüler Music

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.soundcloud.com/ludwigschuler
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 09:30:43 AM »
Lol, quiik played a kick and snare..they are just jamming together.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 12:03:09 PM by Schüler Music »

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

jaytee

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 09:43:36 PM »
DX: Speaking of Dr. Dre, there was a lot of talk a few years back on Detox, and there was a video that surfaced of you, Snoop, Warren G, DJ Pooh, D.O.C., and DJ Quik all going into the studio to work on tracks for it. What ultimately became of those Detox sessions?

Battlecat: Within a few days everybody played their part, but I just don’t know what they did with their contributions. I have the contributions that I did, and I’ve been working with Dr. Dre. And let’s put it this way, he is pleased to have me present on all factors of music. That materialized out of that. When Dre got a chance to hear me and see me physically play keyboard and choose things in a tasteful way, he was very enthused to the point he said, “you know what? ‘Cat, I got about a few left in me and I know you got some good shit left in you, so let’s put something together monumental, historic, and bigger than we have ever done before all this shit is said and done.” I was enthused that he felt like that about me. I think he just wanted to know if I see like he sees it, and do I want it as much as they know I deserve it. So, you’re going to hear some things in the future with Dr. Dre and Battlecat, believe that! You can count on that. Me and him are definitely cooking some shit up!

Chad Kiser, HipHopDx

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 11:16:35 PM »
DX: Speaking of Dr. Dre, there was a lot of talk a few years back on Detox, and there was a video that surfaced of you, Snoop, Warren G, DJ Pooh, D.O.C., and DJ Quik all going into the studio to work on tracks for it. What ultimately became of those Detox sessions?

Battlecat: Within a few days everybody played their part, but I just don’t know what they did with their contributions. I have the contributions that I did, and I’ve been working with Dr. Dre. And let’s put it this way, he is pleased to have me present on all factors of music. That materialized out of that. When Dre got a chance to hear me and see me physically play keyboard and choose things in a tasteful way, he was very enthused to the point he said, “you know what? ‘Cat, I got about a few left in me and I know you got some good shit left in you, so let’s put something together monumental, historic, and bigger than we have ever done before all this shit is said and done.” I was enthused that he felt like that about me. I think he just wanted to know if I see like he sees it, and do I want it as much as they know I deserve it. So, you’re going to hear some things in the future with Dr. Dre and Battlecat, believe that! You can count on that. Me and him are definitely cooking some shit up!

Chad Kiser, HipHopDx

damn how old is this

Elko.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 03:35:35 PM »

Chad Kiser, HipHopDx

damn how old is this

27 June, 2016

https://hiphopdx.com/interviews/id.2928/title.from-michael-jackson-to-dr-dre-battlecat-knows-about-a-classic-record#