Author Topic: Xzibit - Symphony In X Major (Music Video)  (Read 2705 times)

Sccit

Re: Xzibit - Symphony In X Major (Music Video)
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2019, 12:47:10 PM »
I never liked "Heart Of A Man", "Harder", "The Gambler, "Missin U", "Right On" or "Enemies".

Agreed.  All those tracks are unlistenable with the exception of “Heartz of Man” from the first half of the album—of course it was heavily aided by the sample.

“Release Date” was a cold ass cut
The Em feat was a banger
Dre feat was a banger. 
Snoop joint was dope
Ras joint was okay

they should’ve gone the Illmatic or G Funk era route and kept it to a tidy 10 cutsAs I said there was some quality cuts they just didn’t see it all the way through

I agree too much filler kept this album from being classic

shame because the dope cuts were really fire

true. But this "Symphony" song is also very bad. Singers singing the chorus are hardly in tune and the beat Rick Rock laced is too fancy.

naah its one of the hardest joints on the album

SuperSpider

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2019, 02:02:22 PM »
Did the Erick Sermon remix of "Multiply" ever leak? I know it was released on Vinyl, but i still haven't heard it. I got the Just Blaze one though.

Eric Sermon did a dope beat for the remix, but it doesn't match the pace of the track at all, imo. It's just an alright remix overall

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 07:23:19 PM »
Did the Erick Sermon remix of "Multiply" ever leak? I know it was released on Vinyl, but i still haven't heard it. I got the Just Blaze one though.

Eric Sermon did a dope beat for the remix, but it doesn't match the pace of the track at all, imo. It's just an alright remix overall

the rockwilder remix was pretty subpar tbh

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 07:27:23 PM »
I never liked "Heart Of A Man", "Harder", "The Gambler, "Missin U", "Right On" or "Enemies".

Agreed.  All those tracks are unlistenable with the exception of “Heartz of Man” from the first half of the album—of course it was heavily aided by the sample.

“Release Date” was a cold ass cut
The Em feat was a banger
Dre feat was a banger. 
Snoop joint was dope
Ras joint was okay

they should’ve gone the Illmatic or G Funk era route and kept it to a tidy 10 cutsAs I said there was some quality cuts they just didn’t see it all the way through

I agree too much filler kept this album from being classic

shame because the dope cuts were really fire

true. But this "Symphony" song is also very bad. Singers singing the chorus are hardly in tune and the beat Rick Rock laced is too fancy.

naah its one of the hardest joints on the album

Yep.  “Symphony” was a unique track like Opera meets HipHop.  For about 4 years I had the beat as the ringtone to my phone It was like some gangsta symphony opera next level shit.  A little like Coolio’s “When You Get There” meeting with classical music. 

If Dre could’ve shown up for the damn video of the album he supposedly executive produced then maybe it could’ve took off but I remember  it was an early leak to the album that all of us at dubcc were raving about at the time. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 07:35:59 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2019, 02:03:35 AM »

Rockwilder remixed it too? I had no idea. Anybody got the song or the Erick Sermon remix? I wanna hear 'em both. Here's the one Just Blaze did.

Xzibit (feat. Busta Rhymes) - Multiply (Just Blaze Remix)

https://www65.zippyshare.com/v/KIDghzrE/file.html

SuperSpider

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2019, 06:59:42 AM »

Rockwilder remixed it too? I had no idea. Anybody got the song or the Erick Sermon remix? I wanna hear 'em both. Here's the one Just Blaze did.

I never bought it, but you can listen to the Eric Sermon remix here:

http://www.808records.jp/radio.cgi?ITEM=1472486018

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2019, 01:13:53 PM »

I never bought it, but you can listen to the Eric Sermon remix here:

http://www.808records.jp/radio.cgi?ITEM=1472486018

YEA, IT DOES SOUND OFF......I WONDER WHO MIXED IT, BECAUSE THEY DID A TERRIBLE JOB

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2019, 01:15:04 PM »

I MEANT JUST BLAZE LOL....I THINK I CONFUSED IT FOR ROCKWILDER BECAUSE THE BEAT KINDA SOUNDS LIKE ROCKWILDER

Okka

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 03:48:29 AM »
Thanks for that link to the Erick Sermon remix. Yeah, it does sound all over the place. Not really feelin' it.