Author Topic: Think Soopafly made any money off That Whoopty Woop?  (Read 2252 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Think Soopafly made any money off That Whoopty Woop?
« on: February 27, 2019, 08:29:58 AM »
I was a big fan of his and I didn’t even really know it was ever out... and that’s from a fan.  So if even his fans weren’t really aware of it then what does that say for the label and promotion?  (I do remember listening to it in Duck Dogg’s ride, he had the official release)

Even Daz low quality Independent releases probably sold more and those were far inferior (aside from RAW which had its bangers).

Where was Snoop to help push Soopafly—maybe it could of been better released on Doggystyle Records.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:31:56 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: Think Soopafly made any money off That Whoopty Woop?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 11:17:25 AM »
i duno but that is a classic album and one of the most underrated dpg releases ever

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 12:08:19 PM »
Great album. I remember buying it online straight from soopafly and patiently waiting for it in the mail. Did not disappoint. There’s been some Death Row Soopafly songs I’ve heard lately on the same level or better. Anyone know where Soopafly - I don’t hang” is from?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 12:28:59 PM »
Great album. I remember buying it online straight from soopafly and patiently waiting for it in the mail. Did not disappoint. There’s been some Death Row Soopafly songs I’ve heard lately on the same level or better. Anyone know where Soopafly - I don’t hang” is from?

Yeah Dogg, off the top of my head, I think it had a music video and was a track on Thin Line Between Love and Hate soundtrack.  Which kind of shows the promise of Doggystyle (subsidiary of Death Row) Records early on cause I think at that time Snoop got two credits for Doggystyle Records with that song and the classic “Beware of My Crew” joint.  Snoops original vision for the label seemed spot on—too bad Suge got in the way and fucked things up and Snoop Kind of had to move to a plan B for the label a few years later.  Eastsidaz was like a diet, minor league version of LBC Crew.

And that’s funny you had to order Soopafly online.  I remember those days when underground shit was purchased online as the thing to do... I remember ordering Bizzare “Attack of the Wierdo’s” online, Jedi Mind Tricks “Servants in Heaven..” album, Necro, some shitty obscure Proof album, Royce “Rock City” (or actually I had I-Bo send me all the way from Europe where it was released.

That was an interesting and short lived era for heads—like 2000–2007
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:34:49 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 12:46:03 PM »

Yeah Dogg, off the top of my head, I think it had a music video and was a track on Thin Line Between Love and Hate soundtrack.  Which kind of shows the promise of Doggystyle (subsidiary of Death Row) Records early on cause I think at that time Snoop got two credits for Doggystyle Records with that song and the classic “Beware of My Crew” joint.  Snoops original vision for the label seemed spot on—too bad Suge got in the way and fucked things up and Snoop Kind of had to move to a plan B for the label a few years later.  Eastsidaz was like a diet, minor league version of LBC Crew.

And that’s funny you had to order Soopafly online.  I remember those days when underground shit was purchased online as the thing to do... I remember ordering Bizzare “Attack of the Wierdo’s” online, Jedi Mind Tricks “Servants in Heaven..” album, Necro, some shitty obscure Proof album, Royce “Rock City” (or actually I had I-Bo send me all the way from Europe where it was released.

i still but like 70% of my cds online

discogs.com is the truth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 01:21:10 PM »

discogs.com is the truth

I give you props for that cause you are a purist... my IPhone and ITunes has opened up the door for me to so many great albums I overlooked, to name a few

O.G.C. (Boot Camp Affiliate) The Storm
Soopafly - That Woopty Woop
Method Man - Tical
Redman - Muddy Waters
Dej Loaf - And See That’s the Thing (only new artist I checked out.  Since the males dress like females now I might as well be better off listening to a real female
Whodini - Back in Black (so many of my fav 90’s artists sampled and were influenced by this)

..and originally I just bought the ITunes subscription to listen to Dre’s radio show but then they started playing wack new shit and not catering to their real fans so I don’t follow it much anymore.  But first several episodes were bomb

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 03:31:27 PM »

discogs.com is the truth

I give you props for that cause you are a purist... my IPhone and ITunes has opened up the door for me to so many great albums I overlooked, to name a few

Method Man - Tical
Redman - Muddy Waters
Dej Loaf - And See That’s the Thing (only new artist I checked out.  Since the males dress like females now I might as well be better off listening to a real female
Whodini - Back in Black (so many of my fav 90’s artists sampled and were influenced by this)

..and originally I just bought the ITunes subscription to listen to Dre’s radio show but then they started playing wack new shit and not catering to their real fans so I don’t follow it much anymore.  But first several episodes were bomb

Tical was one of the first CDs I ever bought. Oddly enough I wasn’t a huge fan of the album back then. I recently kinda had a Wu revival and went back and listened to all their albums and solos. Tical was much better this time around in fact I’d consider it a classic. There’s maybe one track that’s skippable on there.

Agree with you about it being an interesting short lived era. Streaming music has made Cds obsolete but the breh Sccit still maintains that lifestyle on gp. Gotta give him a dap for that

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 04:05:18 PM »
HARD COPY GANG, YA HEARD ME?

THAT SPOTIFY/ITUNES BS COMPROMISES THE QUALITY TENFOLD COMPARED TO CDS.....IF UR MUSIC EVER SOUNDS THIN, IT'S CUZ U AINT GOT THE REAL THING.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 07:25:41 PM »
His true fans knew it was out!!  I bought it day one. Even got a Dat Woooty Woop T shirt too.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 09:20:58 PM »

discogs.com is the truth

Method Man - Tical
Redman - Muddy Waters

Tical was one of the first CDs I ever bought. Oddly enough I wasn’t a huge fan of the album back then. I recently kinda had a Wu revival and went back and listened to all their albums and solos. Tical was much better this time around in fact I’d consider it a classic. There’s maybe one track that’s skippable on there.

Agree with you about it being an interesting short lived era. Streaming music has made Cds obsolete but the breh Sccit still maintains that lifestyle on gp. Gotta give him a dap for that

I remember the “Bring the Pain” video when it first came out it was next level—the subways and graffiti and shit like a hiphop netherworld that shit had me mad hype... but for whatever reason I had a perception the album was mostly filler but same case as you...it’s an album I’ve gone back to now because of ITunes

doggfather

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 11:31:56 PM »

discogs.com is the truth

100% to me.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 10:13:21 AM »
I make some exceptions, I bought both a digital and physical copy of Dre’s Compton cause it’s Dre.  Shit I even bought his damn headphones to support him (and never really used them and gave um away to my son)

SuperSpider

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2019, 10:53:49 AM »
I make some exceptions, I bought both a digital and physical copy of Dre’s Compton cause it’s Dre.  Shit I even bought his damn headphones to support him (and never really used them and gave um away to my son)

Imagine buying something to ''support'' a billionaire...

doggfather

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2019, 12:22:34 PM »
 ;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

dnjp4life

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 02:19:15 PM »
I recently got round to finally getting this album on discogs and it's brilliant.  I can't believe its taken this long for me to get round to listening to this album.  I had heard some tracks before (the ones on the Death Row albums and of course 'Can I Get Bucc' which I forgot what a banger it was), but the vast majority of the album I had never heard before, and it's well worth the cop.

Can someone tell me if it's all tracks Soopafly recorded whilst with Death Row Records or only a select few?