Author Topic: SUGA FREE - THE RESURRECTION (Official Discussion)  (Read 14284 times)

Marco

Re: Suga Free : The Ressurection (album)
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2019, 11:02:43 AM »
Suga Free Delays Long Awaited “Resurrection” LP

Fans of legendary West Coast MC Suga Free has been anxiously awaiting the release of Resurrection, which is set to be his seventh studio LP and the follow up to 2009’s Hi Power Pimpin.

Many were thrown off after a 30-day countdown culminated in the March 27 release of a new Kokane featured single “Hole In My Heart,” instead of the LP. However, according to a rep for Suga Free, the album is on the way — and worth the wait.

another track featuring Snoop Dogg was on the close horizon.

Suga Free has been teasing the LP for a few months now, and — as he tells HipHopDX — he’s aged like fine wine.

“When I first started rapping, I dreamed of rapping the way I rap now,” he says. “Me and Kokane were just saying the other day if somebody could have told us when we were in the fourth grade that we’d be [almost] 50 when we made our best collaboration ever … man.“

An exact release date for Resurrection has yet to be confirmed — but the LP is set to feature (among a familiar cast) DJ Quik on production.

As the album finalized, check out Suga Free’s “Hole In My Heart” featuring Kokane, below.

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.50850/title.suga-free-delays-long-awaited-resurrection-lp
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2019, 02:26:05 PM »
Can t wait

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2019, 07:50:43 AM »
What a bunch of shit. Him and Kokane both pulling the same shit. Promoting the hell out of an album and then nothing. Must be a Pomona thing

Sccit

Blood$

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2019, 11:56:44 AM »
honestly saw that coming lol with no promo outside of his IG and no single out I was thinking no way this is dropping so soon, but I’m still hyped for when it does come out

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2019, 12:16:23 AM »
I’ve been hyped for the album for years. That’s my worry. The album keeps getting pushed back. If the first couple singles don’t create a buzz, he might scrap it again.  I like Free but Hole In My Heart definitely didn’t impress me. The few other snippets I’ve heard from the album sound great. Not sure why he picked this as the first single. Unless he was trying to cross promote Kokane since his album was supposed to be dropping the same time, but apparently that got pushed back too. Now he’s trying to get a Snoop single out there?  Why doesn’t he just drop the track with Quik as a single??  That’s his best chance at getting a good buzz for the album.

He needs to drop it before him and Quik start beefing again and then he’ll pull all Quiks songs off the album.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 12:19:35 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2019, 12:25:14 AM »
  Why doesn’t he just drop the track with Quik as a single??  That’s his best chance at getting a good buzz for the album.

PRETTY MUCH

Young Old Head

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2019, 04:09:17 AM »
The old generation of rappers need to understand this is not the '90s aymore. U don't announce albums like that no more anyways. So if u do, with a countdown, radio interviews and all that, don't let ur last hardcore fans down like that and push it back AGAIN. That's just stupid. I, for my part, won't check for ur shit anymore. There's enough music out there, no reason to deal with this kind of bullshit anymore.

Cash Money Blood Gang

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2019, 09:04:37 AM »
The old generation of rappers need to understand this is not the '90s aymore. U don't announce albums like that no more anyways. So if u do, with a countdown, radio interviews and all that, don't let ur last hardcore fans down like that and push it back AGAIN. That's just stupid. I, for my part, won't check for ur shit anymore. There's enough music out there, no reason to deal with this kind of bullshit anymore.

don’t be petty bro .. if it’s dope, u should check it regardless

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2019, 11:10:21 AM »

Yeah the whole bait and switch countdown on his IG was bullshit. And yeah after that radio interview when he said it was definitely coming out that week you figure he pretty much had to drop it at that point. But nope, nothing.

SuperSpider

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2019, 11:31:33 AM »
Old ass rappers with 20+ years in the game and still haven't learned a single thing about marketing.....Only one they should be mad at is themselves

Elko.

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2019, 05:07:00 PM »
Super disappointed that this was pushed back man.

What a way to let down what little fan base you have clinging on.

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2019, 04:21:18 PM »
so we got a new date yet or what??

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2019, 05:23:42 PM »
Tracklist is out. Another song dropped from the album the other day so hopefully this means the album will be out soon.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2019, 12:57:45 PM »
just dropped