Author Topic: Slim Messed Up  (Read 310 times)

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
Slim Messed Up
« on: May 05, 2003, 01:13:45 PM »
Bottem line is that Slim messed up.  Royce is the shit and he could have blown up if Eminem just put him on Shady records.  Royce is a better MC and lyracist than 50, obie, and any member of D12 (except em).  Royce has enough songs made already that could create an album much better than 50's without even all the help from Dre and Em. Songs like Stay in your place, Life, Rock City, Nickel Nine, boom, lets grow, you cant touch me, lets go, heartbeat, off parole, etc (some of those titles might be wrong).  I don't care if Rocye isn't as gangsta as 50 or even Proof is. If Royce had the help from the Shady/Aftermath crew he could make an incredible album.  He needs to end the beef with Em and D12 and start making some classic hits.  

What do yall think?
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

White-Chocolate

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Live My Life A Legend Immortalized By Lyric'Z
Re:Slim Messed Up
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 01:18:55 PM »
Rock City is titeeee
Look Into TheZe EyeZ, What Do U C? That'Z Right, Nothing, I'm A Mystery
White-Chocolate
Westsiiide Riidah
The GAME Ain't the SAME A Damn SHAME

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 01:24:06 PM »
I see what you are saying in that Eminem really should have signed Royce instead of 50 Cent, but I personally don't think that Royce needs Eminem and the crew in order to make dope music or even be successful. I thought that the Rock City track was plain wack to be honest, and I would actually rather see Royce putting out a dope non commercial album then signing with Shady/Aftermath and giving us another inbalanced album like both versions of Rock City were. The second half of Rock City 2.0 was dope as hell, and all he needs to do is make a whole album of that quality and he would make an extremely dope album.

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 01:44:31 PM »
I do agree that Royce would be good on Sahdy records, But Its certainly not Eminems fault that he never blew up.  Royce is so dope on his own tho.

The Watcher

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 05:38:33 PM »
why should Em have signed him to Shady Records? Royce could've started his own label, but he's having a cry now  that he's not #1 on the billboard charts. Em didnt do this, Em didnt do that etc.. its Royce's life, Em ain't his dad
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2003, 06:15:55 PM »
-I agree, I don't think Royce needs Em.  I don't know what his deal is with whatever label he is on, but I think he has the potential to put out a really dope album that could potentially be a classic

-Also, obviously Royce should not be dependent on Em, but they were boys and Em pretty much stranded him when he should have signed him.  Em took advantage of 50's history and used him to make money off of a mediocre album. He should have hooked up his boy Royce and made a sick Detroit album.
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

Jome

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2003, 06:39:05 PM »
Hell yeah, Royce is the dopest lyricist in Detroit.. and he will have that position until, and if Eminem makes a strong retaliation to his disses.

I think he can make it big on his own.. with producers like Alchemist, Premo, Red Spyda etc. behind him, and D'Elite backing him up, I can't see nothing stopping him.

Of course, some Dre or Em production wouldn't hurt neither, but he got more than enough links to producers as it is.

The Watcher

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2003, 06:51:39 PM »
D'Elite will be his downfall, those dudes are wack
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2003, 04:51:24 AM »
Hell yeah, Royce is the dopest lyricist in Detroit.. and he will have that position until, and if Eminem makes a strong retaliation to his disses.

I think he can make it big on his own.. with producers like Alchemist, Premo, Red Spyda etc. behind him, and D'Elite backing him up, I can't see nothing stopping him.

Of course, some Dre or Em production wouldn't hurt neither, but he got more than enough links to producers as it is.

True i can remember first time i heard royce few years ago...hit me like damn!

love his voice and flow and with tight ass producers to back him up...he should become as big as he deserves

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2003, 08:38:24 AM »
i been following royce since i got into em n the way i seen it is royce didn't want to be associated as that cat with em so he went his own way when that not worked out he ran back to em, dropped a freestyle that could be interpreted as a diss for the anger management tape and as they ain't been talkin for a while it just deteriated more, if royce wouldda stuck with em he'd be a platinuim artists but he let egos get in the way of shit.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2003, 09:23:11 AM »
Sure Royce & Em could make hits if they teamed up and it's sad that old friends are beefin', but that's life. What the fuck you gonna do about it?

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2003, 10:52:15 AM »
Rock City is titeeee

Definitely a tight album.

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2003, 01:47:52 PM »
I agree with Waitin for the DJ on the second half of Rock City V2.0 being dope as hell....Royce is better than Em IMO...He can make it big himself but not as big as he could have with Shady/Aftermath because they are on top and whoever is with them is on top also...IMO ya'll

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2003, 05:56:40 PM »