Author Topic: ANDERSON .PAAK - VENTURA (Official Discussion)  (Read 3452 times)

doggfather

ANDERSON .PAAK - VENTURA (Official Discussion)
« on: April 11, 2019, 02:52:59 AM »

01. Come Home (feat. André 3000)
02. Make It Better (feat. Smokey Robinson)
03. Reachin’ 2 Much (feat. Lalah Hathaway)
04. Winners Circle
05. Good Heels (feat. Jazmine Sullivan)
06. Yada Yada
07. King James
08. Chosen One (feat. Sonyae Elise)
09. Jet Black (feat. Brandy)
10. Twilight
11. What Can We Do? (feat. Nate Dogg)

album leaked. toughts?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

Re: Anderson .Paak: Ventura (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 07:50:56 AM »
day 1 cop

is he rappin the whole album or is he back to signing tho?

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 09:43:33 AM »
singing
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Funkstradamus

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 10:49:35 PM »
its amazing in my opinion...from start to finish.  AP's best work so far....   Its crazy when you take into consideration Oxnard is the album Dre wanted to put out and Ventura is the album AP wanted to put out... 

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life, donfathaimmortal

Jay_J

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 02:35:06 AM »
winners circle is DOPE

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 08:26:43 AM »
its amazing in my opinion...from start to finish.  AP's best work so far....   Its crazy when you take into consideration Oxnard is the album Dre wanted to put out and Ventura is the album AP wanted to put out...

where did u hear this?

Marco

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 10:46:34 AM »
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Funkstradamus

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 12:21:00 AM »

where did u hear this?

he said in a few live interviews that most of the songs on Ventura were recorded at the same time as Oxnard but Dre had the the creative control over Oxnard and decided what went on Oxnard.  He basically said that alot of his favorite songs were left off of Oxnard and thats why he was coming back with Ventura so quickly.

here's an article that touches on it:

https://djbooth.net/features/2019-03-12-anderson-paak-ventura-new-album

if i find one of the other interviews where he goes more in depth about it, ill post that too.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 12:25:38 AM by Funkstradamus »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2019, 03:32:51 AM »
Its crazy when you take into consideration Oxnard is the album Dre wanted to put out

*immediately logs onto ITunes to check out Oxnard

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 07:39:04 AM »

where did u hear this?

he said in a few live interviews that most of the songs on Ventura were recorded at the same time as Oxnard but Dre had the the creative control over Oxnard and decided what went on Oxnard.  He basically said that alot of his favorite songs were left off of Oxnard and thats why he was coming back with Ventura so quickly.

here's an article that touches on it:

https://djbooth.net/features/2019-03-12-anderson-paak-ventura-new-album

if i find one of the other interviews where he goes more in depth about it, ill post that too.

dre is the goat, but he’s definitely out his prime

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2019, 08:19:57 AM »

How you figure?  Compton was flawless.  And that's really like the last thing substantial that he did.  I mean obviously he is technically "out of his prime" I mean the guy is like round 50 years old... but doesn't mean he isn't still making music that is up to the Dre gold standard... never count Dre out
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

OriginalVersion

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2019, 09:08:09 AM »

How you figure?  Compton was flawless.  And that's really like the last thing substantial that he did.  I mean obviously he is technically "out of his prime" I mean the guy is like round 50 years old... but doesn't mean he isn't still making music that is up to the Dre gold standard... never count Dre out

ORIGINAL VERSION'S INTERJECTION TO SCCIT'S & INFINITE'S CONVERSATION:

Compton was great production wise, but sound quality wise - it sounds very compressed and a contender for the sound/loudness wars. That's one of the gripes I have with Compton. I think Dre has still got the midas touch, but we never hear it aside from his mixing because I think Dre may honestly be afraid to let the critics hear new stuff - production wise.
+++||ORIGINAL VERSION||+++

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2019, 09:44:43 AM »

oxnard was subpar compared to paak and dre’s usual standard.. it was still a good album, but malibu and yes lawd were far better.

trust me, it caught me off guard too

him out of his prime is still incredible, don’t get me wrong .. compton is a classic to me. but i don’t feel like we gettin another chronic or 2001 any time soon if we keepin it a buck.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 09:46:05 AM »

Compton was great production wise, but sound quality wise - it sounds very compressed and a contender for the sound/loudness wars. That's one of the gripes I have with Compton. I think Dre has still got the midas touch, but we never hear it aside from his mixing because I think Dre may honestly be afraid to let the critics hear new stuff - production wise.

i duno about all that, i felt compton was sonically flawless .. maybe u listening on a shitty system.

OriginalVersion

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2019, 12:02:05 PM »

i duno about all that, i felt compton was sonically flawless .. maybe u listening on a shitty system.

I got Beats Wireless Studio 3's and urBeats 2.0. Lol.
+++||ORIGINAL VERSION||+++