Author Topic: DR DRE PRODUCING NEW NIPSEY HUSSLE JOINT  (Read 3416 times)

Sccit

Re: DR DRE PRODUCING NEW NIPSEY HUSSLE JOINT
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2019, 11:53:09 AM »
Compton itself may have not been a mainstream success, but its role was to be the soundtrack for a movie. That movie was a huge success and the soundtrack is a supporting piece of that movie. I think that’s why they never dropped a single for it. They didn’t care about how the soundtrack did because how the movie did was way more important and made way more $. Compton wasn’t a “game changer” by any means but IMO it was an amazing, unique album that I still play all the time. I get that traditional west coast fans might not like the style but the you can’t deny it was a solid album.

More like because no song on Compton is Dre-single worthy. And Dre himself knows Compton not that good also, that's why he only performs his same old classics from the Chronic and 2001.

they coulda easily pushed a single off compton if they wanted .... that entire album was fulla catchy modern soundin joints wit a dre twist. but it was a push for the biopic, so dre didn’t really wana push it as its own thing.

Okka

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2019, 11:54:41 AM »
Nipsey and dre did work together so there was no beef between them lol. theres a interview with big boy i think that nipsey mentioned he linked with dre for the compton album. studio session pics are out online from it too.

I had no idea. Care to share those pics and that interview?

teletomble

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2019, 11:59:50 AM »
Nipsey and dre did work together so there was no beef between them lol. theres a interview with big boy i think that nipsey mentioned he linked with dre for the compton album. studio session pics are out online from it too.

I had no idea. Care to share those pics and that interview?

https://twitter.com/alwayscivil/status/590913242135859200

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2019, 01:35:46 PM »

More like because no song on Compton is Dre-single worthy. And Dre himself knows Compton not that good also, that's why he only performs his same old classics from the Chronic and 2001.

Grand opening. Grand closing. Shit was weak all round and Dre, me and you know it. The rest of his old hoes don't wanna admit the Emperor ain't got no clothes! Compton is Dres second weakest album and no one can deny that.

they coulda easily pushed a single off compton if they wanted .... that entire album was fulla catchy modern soundin joints wit a dre twist. but it was a push for the biopic, so dre didn’t really wana push it as its own thing.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda BS. Compton OST was the cover story so Dre had a fall back for his weak release that he abandoned in the elements like a Spartan child and guess what, it didn't make it. It perished in the elements. You think Jimmy Iovine doesn't want everything he drops to make money? You know the routine.

Face it. Compton is Dres second weakest album and even a stan like you can't deny that.

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2019, 01:48:16 PM »

Grand opening. Grand closing. Shit was weak all round and Dre, me and you know it. The rest of his old hoes don't wanna admit the Emperor ain't got no clothes! Compton is Dres second weakest album and no one can deny that.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda BS. Compton OST was the cover story so Dre had a fall back for his weak release that he abandoned in the elements like a Spartan child and guess what, it didn't make it. It perished in the elements. You think Jimmy Iovine doesn't want everything he drops to make money? You know the routine.

Face it. Compton is Dres second weakest album and even a stan like you can't deny that.

dre only has 3 albums and compton is the weakest, yes. we can agree there... but considering 2001 and chronic was some of the greatest albums ever made, thats not sayin much

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2019, 01:59:06 PM »

dre only has 3 albums and compton is the weakest, yes. we can agree there... but considering 2001 and chronic was some of the greatest albums ever made, thats not sayin much

See, we are saying exactly the same thing except you gotta dick ride and cop pleas whereas I just say its wack full stop. Considering that it came from the guy who made two of the greatest albums ever that makes it and even bigger fall off. Like he fell off the biggest cliff with a black hole at the bottom of it.

Anyway, glad you've finally came to terms with this so I don't need to beat this dead horse any more as we both agree its weak.

shmosh

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2019, 05:12:04 AM »
Compton is definitely Dre's weakest album as it's not consistent though the whole thing, although it's not a bad album.

IMO tracks like Talkin To My Diary and It's All On Me are light-years ahead of weak tracks like Talk About It.

You can tell those tracks originate from the 2012 era sessions instead of the later ones as the sound is different... and Slim The Mobster is on the chorus so it's definitely from the earlier era that the D.O.C. described as Dre's best Detox sessions.

It's a shame Detox wasn't released back then.

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2019, 09:42:52 AM »

See, we are saying exactly the same thing except you gotta dick ride and cop pleas whereas I just say its wack full stop. Considering that it came from the guy who made two of the greatest albums ever that makes it and even bigger fall off. Like he fell off the biggest cliff with a black hole at the bottom of it.

Anyway, glad you've finally came to terms with this so I don't need to beat this dead horse any more as we both agree its weak.

its not whack full stop lol .. duno why thats “copping pleas” ... matter of fact, the homie duck doggy from this forum was just like u. he told me how much he didn’t like compton and thought it was a disappointment, so i knew he just skimmed through it on spotify with chronic ears ... i told him to cop it on vinyl (he’s a collector) and listen with an open mind and now he loves it

A COUPLE DAYS LATER..

your turn brodie .. give it a proper spin n get back 2 me. 

chigy12345

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2019, 10:09:12 AM »
Compton is definitely Dre's weakest album as it's not consistent though the whole thing, although it's not a bad album.

IMO tracks like Talkin To My Diary and It's All On Me are light-years ahead of weak tracks like Talk About It.

You can tell those tracks originate from the 2012 era sessions instead of the later ones as the sound is different... and Slim The Mobster is on the chorus so it's definitely from the earlier era that the D.O.C. described as Dre's best Detox sessions.

It's a shame Detox wasn't released back then.

talking to my diary is the only detox era track and compared to actual detox stuff its only a 6/10 track, song was rewritten to fit the movie and new album. every other song on the album was made after 2012 after dre brought in a new writing and production crew, hence why no classic aftermath producers, apart from focus and khalil are on the album, but even theyre roll on the album was small.

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2019, 01:25:11 PM »
The very fact that you've got to post screen grabs, convince someone else as much as you have yourself, take time to "get it" all just proves copping pleas now, doesn't it?

No one had to do any of that shit for Chronic or 2001, did they? Thats why they're classics. You knew from the first spin.

Its a brick. The Doctor dropped a brick. It happens. And it did. End of.

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2019, 03:08:49 PM »
The very fact that you've got to post screen grabs, convince someone else as much as you have yourself, take time to "get it" all just proves copping pleas now, doesn't it?

No one had to do any of that shit for Chronic or 2001, did they? Thats why they're classics. You knew from the first spin.

Its a brick. The Doctor dropped a brick. It happens. And it did. End of.

its not coppin pleas as much as it’s proving a point. like i said, u listened to that album wit chronic ears, most likely on some shitty streaming service.... you won’t be the first and u wont be the last. hopefully u can open your mind and listen to it objectively.

the chronic and 2001 are top 5-10 hip-hop albums .. compton is not even top 50. therein lies the difference.

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2019, 04:31:36 PM »

the chronic and 2001 are top 5-10 hip-hop albums .. compton is not even top 50. therein lies the difference.

Once again we're saying the same thing so we there is no further argument as its all semantics. We both agree that its a weak offering from Dre that doesn't touch his previous works in any way shape or form nor does it measure up to other rappers greats. No need to say any more, cape, cop pleas, dress it up to look like this or that etc.. so lets just leave it at that.

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2019, 05:10:26 PM »

Once again we're saying the same thing so we there is no further argument as its all semantics. We both agree that its a weak offering from Dre that doesn't touch his previous works in any way shape or form nor does it measure up to other rappers greats. No need to say any more, cape, cop pleas, dress it up to look like this or that etc.. so lets just leave it at that.

lol i’m not “dressing anything up”, i just don’t think it’s “whack” and you do. nothin more, nothin less.

JonnyTanna

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2019, 08:26:51 PM »
Rare for me to say it but the beat sounded nice. Been a while since Dre made a good beat. Talking to my diary being the most recent

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2019, 02:21:11 AM »
Compton is not on Spotify
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.