Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 127729 times)

goodyoung

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #540 on: January 02, 2021, 06:57:50 AM »
LOL Scott and elizondo are different levels completely on a musical level to Dewaun, batson and Terrance Lawrence jr. There is no comparison. Oh focus is garbage too. The songs you mentioned LMAO that’s his career highlights? I put the mic down right there in regards to their output

It doesn't really matter if they are on the same level or not, at least not in this discussion. We're not comparing them as musicans on their own, we're talking about how they work together as a Dre's team. No doubt that Elizondo and Scott are far more successful and their sounds have much more variety than Parker's and Lawrence's (Batson is debatable), but as a part of Dre team, they are practically on the same level of dopeness.

The best songs you can mention of Dre since 05 is legends of the fall off and imagine? That’ pretty much sums up Dre last 15 years of average output at best - why detox didn’t release and why Compton was disappointing - gone is an example of a classic Dre irrespective of the musicians I don’t hate on quality - Dre is of course to blame for his direction and output of shit but so are his team
Lmao did you just....imply that Imagine and Legends are average? Because if so, man, I don't think I could take you seriously after that.
And no, I can mention almost everything Dre did from 05 to 09 - every track he made for Busta's Aftermath albums is dope as fuck, every beat he had on Snoop's TBCT album is outstanding and are highlights of the whole record, every beat he gave to Jay for Kingdome Come is good, he produced the whole Relapse album and some consider it to be the best produced Em's album. And it was the music he did with mostly D.Parker and Mark Batson.
The reason why I can't say the same for post-2010 Dre is because he basically semi-retired and was only putting out like 1 new beat every 2 years, with Compton and Oxnard as the only exceptions but they were fucking garbage cause he started to work with the new guys, like Focus and Dem Jointz.

When was Dre’s actual last hit record?
Crack a Bottle. 2009.

Not surprising what you said about the discombobulated beat - had no idea it was so old - literally what I felt when I heard it - not surprised it never came out for so long - sounded nothing more than a star quo type throwaway - no wonder it’s been sitting away till a b side came out of an Eminem record - the very argument why you think it’s dope and people would fight for it yet nobody did apparently shows the stupidity of your comment and comical nature of it
Yeah, must be why it's getting nothing but praise lol. "A stat quo throwaway beat" lol.
The reason why it was locked in Dre's vault for so long? Well, pretty much the same reason why every other dope track is.

LOL there wasn’t a continuation of the chronic sound - topless was dope btw but nothing classic - detox is literally the opposite of chronic hence the such a drastic difference in sound and quality tbh - Dre said it himself it didn’t hit the required Dre levels and that’s all there is to it - wtf was under pressure meant to be.
Yes it was, and you gotta be deaf to not to hear it. I mean even people who worked on it called the album a "2001 on steroids". Obviously I'm talkin about Dre's 06-09 sound, not the shit that came out after that. Just go and relisten to Imagine or Lost One or Boss Life or Get you Some and tell me they are not classic style Dre tracks. This style totally feels like a natural progression of 2001 style, just more epic, rich, clean and soulful.
Also ironic for you to mention Under Pressure, because it was fucking wack and it the only record from that time that was made with Scott Storch and not his main team lol.

Dre said it himself it didn’t hit the required Dre levels and that’s all there is to it
U know.... I wouldn't take Dre's word for it tbh. Because he said some shit about Detox not being good enough and right after that he's releasing a Compton album which was a massive disappointment with the best track on it being a Detox leftover lol. And also thanks to some Detox leaks (Topless, Popped Off, The Psycho) we know for the fact that Detox was superior to Compton.
How many Dre beats we heard on a Kendrick joint? I can’t remember off the top of my head right now but dres last million dollar sounding records (beat and final product) were on like an obie trice album and some tracks here and there - game start from scratch etc but apart from some glimpses in recent times - Dre Compton had one or two moments
Well, the only time we heard Kendrick on a Dre beat was Gone track. As for Kendrick's albums, he never had a Dre beat on those.
And no doubt Dre's contribution to Obie's album was fuckin crazy, but it was hardly his last million dollar sounding records. Some of his work with Parker and Batson on The Big Bang and The Blue Carpet was on pair, if not better than what he did on 2001 and the the fact that he started to use classical piano sound certainly helped it.

Aftermath213

« Reply #541 on: January 02, 2021, 07:28:23 AM »
a game changer that can be taken down but a few lines or leaked snippets on Dubcnn.com lol

Lol  ;D

Jay_J

« Reply #542 on: January 04, 2021, 02:23:48 AM »
Sorry, the only garbage I see here is you calling some of the best musicans Dre's ever worked with (Mark Batson, Dawaun Parker, Trevor Lawrence Jr) wack and incompetent lmao. These people worked with Dre since like 05, their sound is literally what people except a Dre beat to sound like. This is the team that gave us classic records like Imagine and Legend of the Fall Offs, what many consider to be some of the best records Dre ever produced. And isn't Topless considered to be the best Detox leak as well? Their sound feels like a natural continuation of 2001 sound.
It's also ironic how you mentioned that Gone track off Compton when that's one of the 2 records on that album that sounds similar to their style.

And what's even worse, is that you called a Discombobulated (a beat that was made like 12 years ago but still sounds fresh af and almost unanimously hailed as one of the best songs on both albums) - which sounds like a 100% classic Dr.Dre beat that Em in his prime would fight for to include on his album - an outdated, while posting this clip of Scott (who has the most outdated sound out of all big name producers) making some wackest shit that doesn't hold a candle to the beats he used to make in the 00's.

What's happening with Dre's music now is not their fault, it's because of Dre's direction. Because even if you don't count Batson and Parker, Focus is also a dope producer when not with Dre (he did Where I'm From for Game, Live By the Gun for Tony Yayo, Killer's Remorse for X and so much more), as well as Dem Jointz.

I feel like some wishing for Dre to bring back Mel-Man or Scott Storch is simply for the nostalgia, just because these guys were on Chronic 2001, so people automatically assume that having them on the new album will bring it closer to that level of quality. But it seems these people fail to realise that since '99, not just Dre's, but their styles also changed. Scott Storch is making some youtube-tier beats (the one you posted is a perfect example), Mel-Man's last good beat was on Nate Dogg's Music & Me album, Mike Elizondo doing Ed Sheeran and Jonas Brothers shit now etc...

mark and dawaun couldnt made the effect that mel-man, scott, camara, mike elizondo did before.

focus, dem jointz, trevor, blu2th also couldnt even made the effect that mark and dawaun did before.

it gets worse in a dedace.

but we see that Dre is trying to bring some old beats back and mix them again. premonition was an old beat, everybody remember, discombubalated also definately a leftover of some aftermath artist. but these 2 songs made Dre fans satisfied.

so think what happes if dre teams with scott or mike elizondo again?

honestly focus was very dope at making aftermath/dre type of beats before but he changed his music also. i understand why he tries to find a new sound, we are not living ing 2000-2005... but focus and dre sucked at catching a game changer vibe for new age. maybe it works if dre back to his old unfinished stuff and mix them in today's era.

thegooddoc

« Reply #543 on: January 04, 2021, 09:22:10 AM »
mark and dawaun couldnt made the effect that mel-man, scott, camara, mike elizondo did before.

focus, dem jointz, trevor, blu2th also couldnt even made the effect that mark and dawaun did before.

it gets worse in a dedace.

but we see that Dre is trying to bring some old beats back and mix them again. premonition was an old beat, everybody remember, discombubalated also definately a leftover of some aftermath artist. but these 2 songs made Dre fans satisfied.

so think what happes if dre teams with scott or mike elizondo again?

honestly focus was very dope at making aftermath/dre type of beats before but he changed his music also. i understand why he tries to find a new sound, we are not living ing 2000-2005... but focus and dre sucked at catching a game changer vibe for new age. maybe it works if dre back to his old unfinished stuff and mix them in today's era.

I thought the production on most of Compton was stellar.  Dre made a mistake by not including a single.  As far as his other recent productions, I agree he has not yet created a new sound like he did with Chronic and 2001.  Maybe we will get that with his new album.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, Orbyte

Jay_J

« Reply #544 on: January 04, 2021, 11:11:23 AM »
I thought the production on most of Compton was stellar.  Dre made a mistake by not including a single.  As far as his other recent productions, I agree he has not yet created a new sound like he did with Chronic and 2001.  Maybe we will get that with his new album.

best song was "all in a days work to me" and there was even something missing with the production. i fucking love that song but damn it should be better. "gone" track was the closest thing to a classic Dre production but we all realised that hey it was done before 100 times so thats not exciting anymore. talking to my diary was the only track that sounds like a dr. dre banger. there were also a few jointz that sound good but not enough after fucking 16 years. compton was an album that dre let his new production team to play and show what they got for him.

lately dr. dre ooks like he wants mark batson and dawaun more involved in his future projects. we saw those guys are back on Music To Be Murdered By album and finally we are satisfied with a few Dre productions since compton. i feel like Dre is about to get into shape day by day. imagine what if Mike Elizondo and Scott Storch would involved too. i forgot to mention Fredwreck, he is way more involved than ever with Dre's projects, production, percussion, keyboards, mix engineering. thats a good thing.

by the way if anybody expects Dr Dre to rock to world again like he did 2 times, it won't happen. we are not in 90s.. its not same world today, its not the day people buy cassettes or cd's or listens to an album from start to end. today people just stream what playlists give to em and they just feel bored after a min even if they like it and skip to another. in the past people would listen and care about music,  nowadays they just consume.

i dont think dre wants to do what em does, to fit with todays music and hit the lists with albums he does every year. dre have to drop another classic for hiphop world and people who still cares.

Lucifuge

« Reply #545 on: January 04, 2021, 10:56:53 PM »
Where is mal man? Whats up with him?
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Jay_J

« Reply #546 on: January 05, 2021, 03:31:29 AM »
Em said "Guns Blazing" was meant to be for Dre's own project and Em asked for swapping songs. he said we did it a couple times before, i asked his to use in my project and i gave him one of mine for his.

Okka

« Reply #547 on: January 05, 2021, 04:18:23 AM »
best song was "all in a days work to me" and there was even something missing with the production. i fucking love that song but damn it should be better. "gone" track was the closest thing to a classic Dre production but we all realised that hey it was done before 100 times so thats not exciting anymore. talking to my diary was the only track that sounds like a dr. dre banger. there were also a few jointz that sound good but not enough after fucking 16 years. compton was an album that dre let his new production team to play and show what they got for him.

lately dr. dre ooks like he wants mark batson and dawaun more involved in his future projects. we saw those guys are back on Music To Be Murdered By album and finally we are satisfied with a few Dre productions since compton. i feel like Dre is about to get into shape day by day. imagine what if Mike Elizondo and Scott Storch would involved too. i forgot to mention Fredwreck, he is way more involved than ever with Dre's projects, production, percussion, keyboards, mix engineering. thats a good thing.

by the way if anybody expects Dr Dre to rock to world again like he did 2 times, it won't happen. we are not in 90s.. its not same world today, its not the day people buy cassettes or cd's or listens to an album from start to end. today people just stream what playlists give to em and they just feel bored after a min even if they like it and skip to another. in the past people would listen and care about music,  nowadays they just consume.

i dont think dre wants to do what em does, to fit with todays music and hit the lists with albums he does every year. dre have to drop another classic for hiphop world and people who still cares.

Have you heard the new album?

mtbsm

« Reply #548 on: January 05, 2021, 05:22:06 AM »
Em said "Guns Blazing" was meant to be for Dre's own project and Em asked for swapping songs. he said we did it a couple times before, i asked his to use in my project and i gave him one of mine for his.

You got a link? Would like to hear that interview. Have heard most of the press run for mtbmb2 but missed that one.

Em acknowledging that Dre has an album coming wound be a first

Edit: Talk about it here https://uproxx.com/music/eminem-swapped-songs-dr-dre-guns-blazing/

Orbyte

« Reply #549 on: January 05, 2021, 08:08:20 AM »
We ate last year man. We got like 5 new leaks, 2 vocal appearances and 6 beats.

Anyway, a little something:

Jay_J

« Reply #550 on: January 05, 2021, 08:24:40 AM »
You got a link? Would like to hear that interview. Have heard most of the press run for mtbmb2 but missed that one.

Em acknowledging that Dre has an album coming wound be a first

Edit: Talk about it here https://uproxx.com/music/eminem-swapped-songs-dr-dre-guns-blazing/

Jay_J

« Reply #551 on: January 05, 2021, 08:28:59 AM »
Have you heard the new album?

dude, you should get what i meant, its 2020, some habits changed especially about listening to music. nobody drops classics today or trying to. even if you drop a classic, nobody care about it like it deserves. they are like "ayo i listened to this, where is the next album?"

Jay_J

« Reply #552 on: January 05, 2021, 08:33:26 AM »
We ate last year man. We got like 5 new leaks, 2 vocal appearances and 6 beats.

2 vocal appearances? guns blazing and ? which is the other one?

what are the 5 leaks?

thegooddoc

« Reply #553 on: January 05, 2021, 09:13:01 AM »

I think that the only way that Dre will drop another Chronic is if he adapts to the new sound or finds a new sound.  It would be kind of cool for him to release a project with some of the new artists.  Maybe get a new Firm together with some newer artists like Roddy Rich, DaBaby, Polo G, Lil' Baby, GHerbo, 21Savage, etc. 

Orbyte

« Reply #554 on: January 05, 2021, 09:25:36 AM »
2 vocal appearances? guns blazing and ? which is the other one?

what are the 5 leaks?
He did the little outro on Nas' Full Circle song

Leaks: Music 2 Driveby, Hey You, Get It, What's The Difference OG....hm, maybe it was just 4 leaks..