Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 127694 times)

mtbsm

Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« on: February 25, 2020, 05:44:09 PM »
First off, surprised so little talk around her re Eminem's latest. The tail end of that album with the Dawaun Parker, Dre, Dem Jointz, and Trevor Lawrence contributions is the most Dre sounding material I've heard since Relapse. Knocks, it's clean, it's creative. Referring to Never Love Again, Little Engine, and Lock it Up, in particular.

Anyhow, there has been a lot of IG activity of late that I don't see anyone talking bout so I wanted to start a thread on it. Couldn't dig up my old user ID I been using since 01 so created a new one. Anyhow....

First thing that caught my eye lately was Xzibit saying he was working on something with Dre. Feb 12: @focus3dots @drdre @xzibit you have no idea wtf we about to drop like a atom bomb on you.com #Powerful #Actions no statement needed. #Ilikethatyouthinkyourewinning . Possible this could have been the Kobe tribute, but don't think so.

Feb 18: Mark Batson with them in the studio... posted by Terrence Martin.

Feb 18 Focus posted a pic of Dre in his Malibu home with the message: *cues up 'Next Episode'*

Feb 19: Trevor Lawrence JR saluting Em for gold, and posting "Even greater things ahead"

Pause right here: Dre born on the 17th, those dudes got together on the 18th or 19th so maybe some of this related to that... but...

Feb 20 Focus again...pic of Dre, DOC, T Martin, T Lawrence JR in Dre's studio.

Feb 23 DemJointz...pic of  re, DOC, T Martin, T Lawrence JR, Problem and Fredwreck in Dre's studio. Text: "Board Meeting."

Feb 25 (today) Focus again...pic of Dre behind the boards with the text BEASTMODE...

The Focus posts, in particular, imply something is coming. Plus the work on Eminem's album sounds like they found a groove to me. It's not like a typical Em joint where he goes to Dre in album-finish mode to get some generic track.

Also would add that Dawaun Parker is in that studio of late... and he's been doing press for Em's album. He said he cooked with Dre and Kanye and that's coming at some point. Erik Griggs working in there and posting alongside that same team from above (Lawrence, Dem Jointz, Focus, T Martin)

Something is coming

« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 06:51:53 PM by mtbsm »

thegooddoc

Re: Dre is Coming
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 06:21:54 PM »
Don't forget              Mc Ren recently hinted NWA tour.

Problem posted pics in the studio with Dre and the above named producers.

dameons

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 06:25:16 PM »
We shall see . Excited to see Kurupt . A compilation in the works 

Elko.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 08:29:11 PM »
OP kinda sounds like a dick. Anyhow... we've been teased for years about something this monumental coming from Dre. From years of experience, I'm not holding my breath until something drops. Not promoted or announced.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 12:20:03 AM »
OP kinda sounds like a dick. Anyhow... we've been teased for years about something this monumental coming from Dre. From years of experience, I'm not holding my breath until something drops. Not promoted or announced.

how does he sound like a dick?

he's literally just posting facts smh

OP what was your original name on here? there were talks in a couple threads on all that stuff you're speakin on.. we just never know wit dre, because he's always workin on somethin, but only about 1% of his work ever sees the light of day.

mtbsm

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 02:17:27 AM »

how does he sound like a dick?

he's literally just posting facts smh

OP what was your original name on here? there were talks in a couple threads on all that stuff you're speakin on.. we just never know wit dre, because he's always workin on somethin, but only about 1% of his work ever sees the light of day.

sccit what's up... was manny1 for a long while, maybe switched to me1 at some point? tbh not sure. last time I posted something speculating bout dre it was when bishop was new to dre's circle (05/06?) and i was trying to make sense of why he was next in dre's eye..made sense to me in some ways, didn't make sense in other ways. like a lot of you, i've got a long history of hope and disappointment when it comes to dre.

the good doc and daemons: seen kurupt in there too, along with Problem...wasn't sure what to make of those but Problem looks likes he's recording, if not kurupt. Iron Mike been through there too....for a skit? maybe ties into the concept of something somehow

hard to know with dre...storch was doing press, what, 18 months ago (?) saying detox was coming.. same story over and over.

think for me it's the em work plus Focus being pretty bold with the posts. big boy saying dre and em had some vintage stuff he heard was probably what we just got, or maybe there's more. em told crook he couldn't clear some samples for another couple songs to make Music to Be Murdered By... so they may have more that needs to be finessed a bit for release.

anyhow, not surprised to hear the activity caught all your eyes. "we'll see what happens" said us 2003 - present

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 02:39:40 AM by mtbsm »

Jay_J

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 04:03:49 AM »
i told you guys before new guy in aftermath team Blu2th answered me on IG. i asked him if there will be a solo dr. dre album in future, he answered "dre albums are never really solo but yes."

i'm not sharing screenshot of our conversation because he really kindly gave a BIG ANSWER that i didn't expected and i don't want to put him into trouble.

however i'm not sure dre is ready to release a solo because he still couldnt catch a new vibe impressive, he is still far from new age's music. he stucked to that compton vibe and that doesnt work in this 2020.

so let's scream "DRE FELL OFF" so we can push him to change the game again.

mtbsm

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 05:41:56 AM »
yeah man, that's Erik Griggs...seen him up in there..that's good intel you got.

in the end i don't want or need dre behind the mic that much. I just want the sonics to be what we've seen him capable of creating...so solo or not i'm cool if he touches everything on the album
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 06:48:24 AM by mtbsm »

The following users thanked this post: Matty

OldSkool

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 06:52:50 AM »
General Dre news = Yawn

I do however want to hear MC Ren and CUbe over a Dre beat... anything else is just Meh don't care!

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 09:20:24 AM »
I’ve noticed this as well. Good thread. Dre is definitely cooking something. I can’t help but think Kobe helped lights fire under Dre’s ass like he realized Time is not a given

Matty

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 06:04:45 PM »
maybe but it's probably best that Dre has no hype around future projects. Compton wasn't exactly what most of us were hoping for.

out of everything on the cards that new Xzibit album would be great. and the more of his older clique like D. Park, Batson, Storch are around the better.

mtbsm

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 06:12:09 PM »
Focus on IG again... pic of Dre laying vocals with caption STILL

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 08:00:13 PM »
Guess Dre is still coming huh? 😂

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 04:42:08 AM »
I already told you muthafuckas Dre is coming with new album.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

heisenberg

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 03:43:03 PM »
I already told you muthafuckas Dre is coming with new album.

Well a music artist has always an album coming even dre, it doesnt mean that will happen.

i can tell eminem, snoop, warren g or whoever you want are coming with new album.

The following users thanked this post: Skante Warrior Dale Gribble - NoFX