Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 127733 times)

Okka

Re: Dre is Coming
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2020, 06:47:51 AM »
Chris "The Glove" Taylor said somethin' like Dre's new music will be soundin' like his older music.

DrDreDetox2018

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2020, 07:33:26 AM »
And what is his old music..?

Okka

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2020, 08:23:06 AM »
And what is his old music..?

Well, he was talkin' about "The Chronic" before he said that.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2020, 11:30:42 AM »
Chris "The Glove" Taylor said somethin' like Dre's new music will be soundin' like his older music.

It will sound like Chronic 2001 was released in 2020. You'll love it. Everything you didn't like about Compton, is out of here. This is pure Dre's work. What you would expect from Detox, you'll get it now.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

DrDreDetox2018

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2020, 12:16:59 PM »
How u can be sure like that...???

mtbsm

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2020, 12:17:08 PM »

you seen a new Glove interview ?

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2020, 01:55:47 PM »
And what's the definition of any moment? Literally any moment. That moment will happen soon. Don't be a hater.

No hate, but that’s exactly my point. You saying “it’s coming soon” means nothing. What the definition of ‘soon’?  This is literally the same thing people have been trolling about Detox for the past 15 years. Get an actual set in stone release date, then we’ll start getting excited. Dre and his posse have cried wolf one too many times. Not saying it’s their fault or your fault but you know at any moment Dre could say fuck it and scrap the whole thing like he’s been known to do countless times in the past with countless projects. Not hating on Dre because DJ Quik does the same thing. I don’t get excited about this ‘coming soon’ shit anymore from these guys.

The following users thanked this post: Tha Crip

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2020, 02:05:15 PM »
It will sound like Chronic 2001 was released in 2020. You'll love it. Everything you didn't like about Compton, is out of here. This is pure Dre's work. What you would expect from Detox, you'll get it now.

The new Firm cut from Nas that was just released with Dre on it still had him rapping like the ‘new’ Dre. You’d think if he went back to rapping like the old Dre, we’d start seeing it on some of the newer stuff he’s been releasing.

Orbyte

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2020, 04:27:06 PM »
The new Firm cut from Nas that was just released with Dre on it still had him rapping like the ‘new’ Dre. You’d think if he went back to rapping like the old Dre, we’d start seeing it on some of the newer stuff he’s been releasing.
I think this is the way he sounds nowadays...?
He just rapped with more elan in his voice on that track.
He got louder during the years and lost his quietness (like the one in The watcher or I don't know..Fuck wit Dre day).
Go watch an old interview from back then and compare it with a newer one, you'll see.

He lost the accent though, which came from him desperately wanting to imitate T.I., Kendrick and King Mez back then.
This is what LostAngel meant with "he's rapping with his old voice again", I think.

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2020, 07:40:42 PM »
compton was classic

i don’t give a fuck what we get just give us some new dre

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2020, 08:52:45 PM »
First off, surprised so little talk around her re Eminem's latest. The tail end of that album with the Dawaun Parker, Dre, Dem Jointz, and Trevor Lawrence contributions is the most Dre sounding material I've heard since Relapse. Knocks, it's clean, it's creative. Referring to Never Love Again, Little Engine, and Lock it Up, in particular. Em did his thing on the boards, as well, but that's another story.

Anyhow, there has been a lot of IG activity of late that I don't see anyone talking bout so I wanted to start a thread on it. Couldn't dig up my old user ID I been using since 01 so created a new one. Anyhow....

First thing that caught my eye lately was Xzibit saying he was working on something with Dre. Feb 12: @focus3dots @drdre @xzibit you have no idea wtf we about to drop like a atom bomb on you.com #Powerful #Actions no statement needed. #Ilikethatyouthinkyourewinning . Possible this could have been the Kobe tribute, but don't think so.

Feb 18: Mark Batson in the cut with them in the studio... posted by Terrence Martin.

Feb 18 Focus posted a pic of Dre in his Malibu spot with the message: *cues up 'Next Episode'*

Feb 19: Trevor Lawrence JR saluting Em for gold, and posting "Even greater things ahead"

Pause right here: Dre born on the 17th, those dudes got together on the 18th or 19th so maybe some of this related to that... but...

Feb 20 Focus again...pic of Dre, DOC, T Martin, T Lawrence JR in Dre's studio.

Feb 23 DemJointz...pic of  re, DOC, T Martin, T Lawrence JR, Problem and Fredwreck in Dre's studio. Text: "Board Meeting."

Feb 25 (today) Focus again...pic of Dre behind the boards with the text BEASTMODE...

The Focus posts, in particular, imply something coming. Plus the work on Eminem's album sounds like they found a groove to me. It's not like a typical Em joint where he goes to Dre in album-finish mode to get some generic thing to spit on.

Also would add that Dawaun Parker is up in that studio on the daily of late... and he's been doing press for Em's album. He said he cooked with Dre and Kanye and that's coming at some point. Erik Griggs working in there heavy and posting alongside that same team from above (Lawrence, Dem Jointz, Focus, T Martin)

Something coming

You posted this in February and ain't shit came
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

mtbsm

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2020, 03:09:07 AM »
Infinite: No doubt, but a billion dollar divorce and a pandemic may have had something to do with that. Back in February I heard Dre productions that sounded the most like Dre productions we've heard since 2007/8/9 (Eminem's album)..hoping he's still in that pocket or better. fwiw, Lost Angels hasn't been wrong with his intel. Back before Compton he told us about Dre, Hutch, and X on the same track. No reason to doubt what he's hearing, plus all the social media stuff is escalating. Lot of group pics, old faces (Sly, Nas, D.O.C., Rick Ross), group photos with new, unknown talent, posts with actual audio of Dre, others with audio muted...all point to the same thing. There may be promo, there may not be promo before it comes, but it's coming this time it feels like. I'm personally hoping there is a big rollout. I don't care how long. Today's suprise drops really cut the life of a project short, IMO. Take it back to those days. Let us know it's coming 6 weeks before it does. Don't drop a single til 2 weeks prior so we have no idea what it sounds like.

Sscit, I feel Compton too. It flows like one body of work for the most part but some of the song concepts, structures and production I still can't come back to. That whole Just Another Day, For The Love of Money and Satisfaction stretch doesn't belong on that album, IMO. They belong on those artists' albums, not Dre's. And Dre's half of Medicine Man is straight up wack to me. As for Dre's voice, I don't mind it. What I mind most is the beats and the fact it's raining snares all over the place.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 03:14:51 AM by mtbsm »

The following users thanked this post: LostAngel

DrDreDetox2018

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2020, 04:02:10 AM »
Back in January u heard dre production?

Where u heard? U was at studio?

Okka

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2020, 04:56:53 AM »

The following users thanked this post: The Predator, mtbsm

mtbsm

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2020, 06:58:47 AM »
Back in January u heard dre production?

Where u heard? U was at studio?

My bad, I'm talking about the three Dre joints on Music to Be Murdered By... Little Engine (especially at beat switch, and at 2:20 marker), Little Engine (vintage Dre/Em), Lock it Up (knocks, super clean mix).