Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 129899 times)

Jay_J

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #795 on: September 02, 2021, 06:06:56 AM »
Kanye is gearing up more releases, even has enough material to release a Donda pt 2.
Dre collabs are still supposed to drop.

it looks like dre take this as a retired man's hobby for long time. because focus and other members of the crew always says we are just jamming and creating music. we are not doing it for a certain project. we make music and this is how we enjoy spending time together.

and i hate he take this way. because keep producing over and over again, maybe thousands of songs but not releasing anything is bullshit.

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

mtbsm

« Reply #796 on: September 02, 2021, 07:23:39 AM »
Kanye is gearing up more releases, even has enough material to release a Donda pt 2.
Dre collabs are still supposed to drop.

man i'm done checking for ye. 11 yrs of shenanigans, biting, sub par work... only legend whose new work is of no interest

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

mtbsm

« Reply #797 on: September 02, 2021, 10:03:59 AM »
it looks like dre take this as a retired man's hobby for long time. because focus and other members of the crew always says we are just jamming and creating music. we are not doing it for a certain project. we make music and this is how we enjoy spending time together.

and i hate he take this way. because keep producing over and over again, maybe thousands of songs but not releasing anything is bullshit.

Counterpoint is that Dre doesn’t chase fame, notoriety or recognition anymore. So he won’t put out garbage like Ye is willing to

Orbyte

« Reply #798 on: September 02, 2021, 12:18:09 PM »
focus and other members of the crew always says we are just jamming and creating music. we are not doing it for a certain project. we make music and this is how we enjoy spending time together.
True. But I remember an interview with chris the glove taylor some months ago. He said something like:

"The way we always worked was like this: We never plan on making an album, we just record dope songs.
After a certain time, we look around at what we made. We pick the best tracks and turn them into a record."

Orbyte

« Reply #799 on: September 02, 2021, 12:19:43 PM »
Just listened to the old "dretox"-mixtape again, I'mma just pretend that this was the follow-up to 2001  ;D. I mean you can hear the old dre sound on those tracks.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about the origins of that tape?

I mean you can hear dre proudly presenting it on the intro. How was this released ?? Why did it came out?

And why didn't dre release more mixtapes after that? I mean, just pick 15 tracks from the cutting floor and release it for the fans.

thegooddoc

« Reply #800 on: September 02, 2021, 06:59:16 PM »
Does anyone know why Dre never gave "Get Your Money Right" ft. Game and Jay-Z a proper release.  That shit was banging. 

Sccit

« Reply #801 on: September 02, 2021, 07:10:38 PM »
Does anyone know why Dre never gave "Get Your Money Right" ft. Game and Jay-Z a proper release.  That shit was banging.

the original song was called “nigga like me” and didn’t have game on it

classix

The following users thanked this post: thegooddoc

thegooddoc

« Reply #802 on: September 02, 2021, 07:57:55 PM »

the original song was called “nigga like me” and didn’t have game on it

classix

Never heard this version.  Either one of them should have made it. 

Jay_J

« Reply #803 on: September 03, 2021, 01:55:11 AM »
Just listened to the old "dretox"-mixtape again, I'mma just pretend that this was the follow-up to 2001  ;D. I mean you can hear the old dre sound on those tracks.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about the origins of that tape?

I mean you can hear dre proudly presenting it on the intro. How was this released ?? Why did it came out?

And why didn't dre release more mixtapes after that? I mean, just pick 15 tracks from the cutting floor and release it for the fans.

Let me upload my own Detox version that i did for myself. I burned it to an audio CD to listen it in my car. Sure I have bluetooth and mobile phone but it feels like old days to run a cd to player and start listening it without shuffling and this is the way we were going to listen Detox if it was released like it supossed to way back when.

i tryed to make it sound like an official release that the tracklist is planned from start to end very consciously. i added an intro and interlude (which i mixed on my own). i followed a vibe trough the album. if you listen it carefuly u can feel ups and downs and how smooth the transition is between songs. i also mastered and edited a little bit. Thanks to Crip by the way i took a few songs from his mixtape he uploaded.

you will hear a one and only version of Topless which is a great choice to end the album to me.

while i'm working on this 'my own detox verion" i realised it's really great album. Hope you guys enjoy.

https://mega.nz/file/LxtwkZZB#9L9zYTDjjRkV-vVXSWbR7CvHv5iDgXE77-sPD90ei4s

The following users thanked this post: Mr.(Ko)Kane, Orbyte, Hellquist

Sccit

« Reply #804 on: September 03, 2021, 08:57:07 AM »
Let me upload my own Detox version that i did for myself. I burned it to an audio CD to listen it in my car. Sure I have bluetooth and mobile phone but it feels like old days to run a cd to player and start listening it without shuffling and this is the way we were going to listen Detox if it was released like it supossed to way back when.

i tryed to make it sound like an official release that the tracklist is planned from start to end very consciously. i added an intro and interlude (which i mixed on my own). i followed a vibe trough the album. if you listen it carefuly u can feel ups and downs and how smooth the transition is between songs. i also mastered and edited a little bit. Thanks to Crip by the way i took a few songs from his mixtape he uploaded.

you will hear a one and only version of Topless which is a great choice to end the album to me.

while i'm working on this 'my own detox verion" i realised it's really great album. Hope you guys enjoy.

https://mega.nz/file/LxtwkZZB#9L9zYTDjjRkV-vVXSWbR7CvHv5iDgXE77-sPD90ei4s

lucky you

my car don’t even have a cd player

:mjcry:

Suga Foot

« Reply #805 on: September 03, 2021, 02:19:42 PM »

lucky you

my car don’t even have a cd player

:mjcry:

Mine does....I have Dre's "Compton" CD in there.  That's the last CD I bought.

Sccit

« Reply #806 on: September 03, 2021, 02:29:27 PM »
y’all must be drivin old ass whips to still have cd players

i bought a portable cd player that connects to new cars via aux cord

and now the latest model i got doesn’t even have an aux cord input

:camsad:

Suga Foot

« Reply #807 on: September 03, 2021, 02:42:52 PM »
y’all must be drivin old ass whips to still have cd players
:ohmy:

Sccit

« Reply #808 on: September 03, 2021, 05:37:35 PM »
:ohmy:

man i’ll gladly trade my new whip for an older model just so i can bump my shit the right way

:francis:

Orbyte

« Reply #809 on: September 05, 2021, 06:43:40 AM »
Dre is suing his wife now for stealing money out of their record company's bank account.

This shit is never going to come out, you can lock this thread  ;D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 01:05:03 PM by Orbyte »