Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 130063 times)

Orbyte

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #870 on: September 18, 2021, 03:03:23 AM »
Alright, thx for the answer. I hope dre delivers soon.

In a perfect world he's already shooting a music video or something right now.

The following users thanked this post: M Solo

Hellquist

« Reply #871 on: September 18, 2021, 06:26:56 AM »
Some people dont realize that dre songs, which produced by others, they will never get the fire sound without dre's hand..

U think "get it" produced by jake one, that has no dre touch?
Mel Man without dre?
Scott storch without dre?
Daz without dre?

We see the big difference...

Dre get the idea and the beat and he make it perfect, what other producer mostly can't do...

Too many examples...
U can mention that dre didnt produced not my style or something like that, but u think u get the final touch without dre? Never and never

Look scott storch without dre what he did and do now... not  worth even to hear his new beats...

But u will say he changed his style.. and what about Snake Chamber? Because its D.R.E.

I've been saying this for years other places online. Listen to these guys after Dre. I guess with the exception of Daz who I believe had Soopafly who helped him has had fire beats, but his work outside of Dre has been wack to me. I'm talking his own work not someone else's beats.

I actually like Scott Storch and a lot of his work to me is great, but not Dre great.

Hellquist

« Reply #872 on: September 18, 2021, 06:31:06 AM »
the detox concept wasnt something super insane revolutionary, that quik quote got misunderstood by people, it was just fire music without compromise. there wasnt that many versions of detox either. stories people tell about detox are exaggerated and convoluted.

talking to my diary was changed from the original detox version and its barely a 0.5/10 compared actual detox songs. dre wont use any detox songs on this new album, blame his new team. hey young world is a decent 4/10 compared to real detox songs but some dre fans act like its a 10/10 song like that other awful kendrick its alive song lmao. the new album might have some compton leftovers or it will be new stuff. dont expect any detox songs to make it even though any random detox song by dre is better than the 300 songs he made for this album + compton leftovers lol.

why dre refused to release 10/10 instant classic songs from detox that no one would argue if they are good or not is beyond anyones understanding. even dre is too confused at this point with all the new yes men around him. just hope those detox songs leak someday cuz they would break the internet and make everyone in the world hate dre cuz people would be pissed off why he didnt release those songs but released some mediocre nonsense instead like compton and the new album.

It's overhyped because us fans want to hear it. Let's be honest: the only way we are going to hear these songs is if Dre dies and whoever has control of his estate will release the music. That's the only way.

astra4322

« Reply #873 on: September 18, 2021, 08:17:14 AM »
It's overhyped because us fans want to hear it. Let's be honest: the only way we are going to hear these songs is if Dre dies and whoever has control of his estate will release the music. That's the only way.
There will bo no more album from Dre let’s be honest. Peaople act weired getting excited about not even possible single but poor quality snippet from youtube.  :-X

Okka

« Reply #874 on: September 18, 2021, 10:00:49 AM »
not my style is fire, jake one produced it, not dre. too bad the full version hasnt dropped cuz its dope. those other new snippets sound so terrible and cringe.

dre new album is just compton pt 2 minus the trap/commercial songs. it's nowhere near as good as detox or any of the leaks. not sure why dre isn't using any of the detox songs when theyre a million times better than everything from compton to this new album but oh well. below average dre songs are better than no new dre songs i guess lol.

Jake One made the beat. Did he actually produce the song though?

NuWest

« Reply #875 on: September 18, 2021, 10:58:46 AM »
Honestly I haven't heard a peep from my guy about anything outside of Dre.  I was told back in like March it would be August or November.  I think the writing is on the wall for Kendrick but I've heard nothing about Eminem.  And as you've pointed out correctly in this thread my guy had been write about multiple Eminem releases and Compton.  Full disclosure though he was wrong about Detox in April 2011 although to be fair it was thought that Dre literally changed his mind on the day the album was supposed to be turned in.  I will say that I will be absolutely floored if Dre does not release by the end of the year.

As far as Psycho goes it was super frustrating because it could have been an alltime classic. Add the strings, let 50 do the hook and put Dre on a verse- that's a 10/10 song as opposed to the generous 5 I'll give the version I have.

resurrect the coast and drop Physco for the forum - the West Coast and Dre fans have gone without for long enough..

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

goodyoung

« Reply #876 on: September 18, 2021, 12:01:19 PM »
I think you're really overhyping a lot of Detox.  I'm sure there were some 10/10 classics but there would have been a LOT of really bad songs. Psycho(Good Things Commerical beat and song featuring 50 Cent) was originally a Detox song and the hook on that would have been the biggest stain on Dre's legacy to date.

Either way I am very optimistic about this album.
Wait you heard Psycho with Dre vocals on it?

But yeah, people need to stop acting like Detox was some untouchable shit and a lot of leaks and singles weren't garbage

NuWest

« Reply #877 on: September 18, 2021, 02:01:15 PM »

But yeah, people need to stop acting like Detox was some untouchable shit and a lot of leaks and singles weren't garbage

Physco has been semi available and is in circulation - sounds more like a demo from the clip I heard a while back in comparison to the Beats ad..
lets see if our guy comes through for DUBCNN

goodyoung

« Reply #878 on: September 18, 2021, 02:06:18 PM »
Physco has been semi available and is in circulation - sounds more like a demo from the clip I heard a while back in comparison to the Beats ad..
lets see if our guy comes through for DUBCNN
I only heard a short snippet with 50, didn't know about a full version being available anywhere

M Solo

« Reply #879 on: September 18, 2021, 02:39:05 PM »

No man no Dre.  Two 50 verses(which are great), the beat without the strings and a hook by I think Ester Dean.

Same hook but sung much differently.

I imagine the finished song would have been one of the worst tracks on Compton.  Finished beat in the commercial was crazy though.

The following users thanked this post: NuWest

Orbyte

« Reply #880 on: September 18, 2021, 03:56:07 PM »
I feel like hip-hop is in a better space right now compared to how it was 10 years ago. When dre was actually gearing up the release of detox.

I heard most of psycho too, I think it was alicia keys on the hook. They all actually did another track together called New day,

50 put it out, but it was originally for detox as well. Both tracks were too soft for my taste though. Mostly because of the hooks.

But times have changed and dre doesn't need to aim for a  radio-friendly sound (looking at you: I need a doctor) anymore.

Boom-bap/sample-typed production is getting some love again too, thanks to rappers like Freddie gibbs, conway and MANY more.

Dre should just do him and put something out. It's time.

The following users thanked this post: M Solo

Proc pka KP

« Reply #881 on: September 18, 2021, 04:14:43 PM »
"How Many Sins" was planned to be the first single.

When was the last time you saw Dre? Don't tell me to DM you. I ignored your last request. Tell the world.

thegooddoc

« Reply #882 on: September 18, 2021, 07:19:12 PM »
When was the last time you saw Dre? Don't tell me to DM you. I ignored your last request. Tell the world.

Why is that relevant?  I don't remember you telling the world the last time you saw Dre. The guy has some contact, but obviously that contact is only partially reliable. 

NuWest

« Reply #883 on: September 19, 2021, 05:00:26 AM »
No man no Dre.  Two 50 verses(which are great), the beat without the strings and a hook by I think Ester Dean.

Same hook but sung much differently.

I imagine the finished song would have been one of the worst tracks on Compton.  Finished beat in the commercial was crazy though.

seems like the demo I've heard about - I assume 50 reference as it was not for SKI, although 50 wanted it right?

topdogg188

« Reply #884 on: September 19, 2021, 10:30:57 AM »
I've been saying this for years other places online. Listen to these guys after Dre. I guess with the exception of Daz who I believe had Soopafly who helped him has had fire beats, but his work outside of Dre has been wack to me. I'm talking his own work not someone else's beats.

I actually like Scott Storch and a lot of his work to me is great, but not Dre great.

What I think is that as new producers with a new unique sound they then give all their best beats of this new sound and concepts to Dre - the credit for the new sound then goes to Dre and they get listed as co-producers or musicians with minimal credit. Once that new sound now becomes the new normal to the public, having been used to it multiple times (e.g. Scott Storch eastern influence on - 50s candy shop, 50's just a little bit , Fat Joe - lean back etc) It now sounds dated when Dre has moved onto the next sound - Dre tries new things, some of which works some that doesn't.
We already know early death row era was Warren G, Daz, for the G funk sound, Bud'da, Sam Sneed & Erotic D type sound for the end of the Row days, Mel-man for aftermath beginnings, Then Scott Storch sound at the Peak and now Focus and Dj Khalil are his current sound. No real hits anymore just living off the name now as there is nothing game changing or new sounding anymore that he can find

Also for producers, finding the right sample, and continually making hits trying to outdo or match your last record when you are not really classically trained relying on mpc and sampling only - not really that easy once you make 10-12 similar sounding songs already. So their later works are bound to sound worse unless they drastically switch up their style completely. What producer isn't releasing trash now living off their past hits and name?  All the top rap  producers of my generation I can't remember their last hits now but they are all still around. Timbaland, JR Rotem, Lil Jon, Jazze Pha, Mannie Fresh, Beats by the Pound, Swizz, Look a the trash Kanye just put out!