Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 129864 times)

Mr.(Ko)Kane

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #900 on: September 23, 2021, 05:50:33 AM »
dope was on detox and the right after was chillin theres a video of swizz n dre previewing teh song dope plays right after and the video was from 2011

I remember that clip as well and just found it on YouTube:

jerseymike

« Reply #901 on: September 23, 2021, 06:02:17 AM »
Alot of people have dre x game - dope, they should just leak it since the "official" ti version has been out for years now. Drug test was fire by dre and game but dope is way better, neither were ever on detox, just made during detox sessions.

Okka

« Reply #902 on: September 24, 2021, 01:57:00 AM »
What I think is that as new producers with a new unique sound they then give all their best beats of this new sound and concepts to Dre - the credit for the new sound then goes to Dre and they get listed as co-producers or musicians with minimal credit. Once that new sound now becomes the new normal to the public, having been used to it multiple times (e.g. Scott Storch eastern influence on - 50s candy shop, 50's just a little bit , Fat Joe - lean back etc) It now sounds dated when Dre has moved onto the next sound - Dre tries new things, some of which works some that doesn't.
We already know early death row era was Warren G, Daz, for the G funk sound, Bud'da, Sam Sneed & Erotic D type sound for the end of the Row days, Mel-man for aftermath beginnings, Then Scott Storch sound at the Peak and now Focus and Dj Khalil are his current sound. No real hits anymore just living off the name now as there is nothing game changing or new sounding anymore that he can find

Also for producers, finding the right sample, and continually making hits trying to outdo or match your last record when you are not really classically trained relying on mpc and sampling only - not really that easy once you make 10-12 similar sounding songs already. So their later works are bound to sound worse unless they drastically switch up their style completely. What producer isn't releasing trash now living off their past hits and name?  All the top rap  producers of my generation I can't remember their last hits now but they are all still around. Timbaland, JR Rotem, Lil Jon, Jazze Pha, Mannie Fresh, Beats by the Pound, Swizz, Look a the trash Kanye just put out!

It's crazy how people twist the truth even when you have heard from Warren G's own mouth that all he did was give samples to Dre for "The Chronic". If anybody needs more credit, it's Colin Wolfe who actually worked with Dre on every single one of the beats on the album. Not Daz, not Warren G. I guess some people just have thick skulls and just don't understand though. You forgot to mention Chris "The Glove" Taylor who worked with Dre a lot too.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, mtbsm

Jay_J

« Reply #903 on: September 27, 2021, 01:38:39 PM »

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #904 on: September 27, 2021, 06:01:44 PM »
The Detox album is coming. It’s going to be a photo album filled with the thousands of pictures of rappers he’s taken studio pictures with over the last two decades. No accompanying soundtrack will be released.

Aftermath213

« Reply #905 on: September 27, 2021, 06:36:30 PM »

Kinda looks like a track list on the dry erase board.

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

jessiebarker2020

« Reply #906 on: September 27, 2021, 08:38:02 PM »

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #907 on: September 27, 2021, 08:54:27 PM »
Kinda looks like a track list on the dry erase board.

Eagle eye.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

King of Kings Krayz1e Mesa

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #908 on: September 27, 2021, 09:11:39 PM »
Fucc C-Lacc. Fucc Okka. Fucc Sccif. Fucc Nimah Fucc Dunc Fucc Rome

Jay_J

« Reply #909 on: September 28, 2021, 01:13:34 AM »

Orbyte

« Reply #910 on: September 28, 2021, 02:57:04 AM »

"It's going to blow your mf minds, when y'all hear about it"

I think Snoop specifically said that because it's detox.
(Problem is: shit won't come out)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 03:06:59 AM by Orbyte »

astra4322

« Reply #911 on: September 28, 2021, 03:04:38 AM »

"It's going to blow your mf minds, when y'all hear about it"

I think Snoop specifically said that because it's detox.
(Problem is: shit won't come out)
Of course it won't come out.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

Jay_J

« Reply #912 on: September 30, 2021, 02:41:34 PM »

"This will introduce the next saga of my career…"

soopa-man

« Reply #913 on: September 30, 2021, 03:03:04 PM »
Rocnation going to look genius for prob one of the biggest artist to come together for the show, bigger than JT and Janet titty show! Hahah

Matty

« Reply #914 on: September 30, 2021, 03:20:28 PM »
i'm the biggest sceptic ever as the photo albums are neither here or there, we've seen them all before many times over. but this looks like the first official sign something might be coming...

#detoxbaby

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm