Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 129879 times)

Orbyte

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #1230 on: December 08, 2021, 12:15:13 PM »
Huh? Sounds absolutely NOTHING like Compton, not Dre rapping nor the beat lol.
I agree, the beat is simple and laidback. Plus, that's just how dre's voice sounds nowadays. There's no weird accent or so. 20 years have passed man, just watch Dre inducting LL Cool J couple weeks ago.

Orbyte

« Reply #1231 on: December 08, 2021, 12:16:57 PM »
It sounds nothing like anything from detox lol.
Why do you expect a detox sound from a gta soundtrack anyway?

Orbyte

« Reply #1232 on: December 08, 2021, 12:20:26 PM »

jerseymike

« Reply #1233 on: December 08, 2021, 12:25:29 PM »
Why do you expect a detox sound from a gta soundtrack anyway?

Detox sound/songs = dre's best music. We don't need another mediocre project from dre like the Compton album was, this gta soundtrack is basically Compton pt 2 and the songs/sound for his actual album after this soundtrack will be the same sadly. From this snippet and other recent dre snippets like og gunz blazing, the call ft busta and a bunch of other snippets from post Compton era, were about to get duped again.

goodyoung

« Reply #1234 on: December 08, 2021, 12:25:41 PM »
Lmao. Its clearly Compton style but each his own I guess smh. The lyrics, flow and beat is exactly like the hip hop stuff on Compton.
No offense, but...are you deaf?
This new track sounds pretty much like how Orbyte described it: a simple laidback beat (which is something that was absent from Compton, so that alone makes it different), Dre rapping without this strange ass accent, the flow is different (which makes sense, cause he got rid of those 2 shitty ghostwriters), Snoop sounds really chill and relaxed and not agressive like on Compton.

Jay_J

« Reply #1235 on: December 08, 2021, 12:26:51 PM »
Lmao. Its clearly Compton style but each his own I guess smh. The lyrics, flow and beat is exactly like the hip hop stuff on Compton. It sounds nothing like anything from detox lol.

i agree it doesnt sound like detox era but it has nothing to do with compton also. dre raps like his old style on this one.

goodyoung

« Reply #1236 on: December 08, 2021, 12:30:02 PM »
i agree it doesnt sound like detox era but it has nothing to do with compton also. dre raps like his old style on this one.
Not to mention that the beat sounds like some Jake One production, and not some trap-influenced west coast shit like on Compton.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

jerseymike

« Reply #1237 on: December 08, 2021, 12:31:32 PM »
No offense, but...are you deaf?
This new track sounds pretty much like how Orbyte described it: a simple laidback beat (which is something that was absent from Compton, so that alone makes it different), Dre rapping without this strange ass accent, the flow is different (which makes sense, cause he got rid of those 2 shitty ghostwriters), Snoop sounds really chill and relaxed and not agressive like on Compton.

Snoop was "aggressive" on the Compton song because that was the style of the song lmao. He's not gonna have a laid back flow on a aggressive rock type beat lol. This beat is very similar to its all on me and all in a day's work from Compton. Dre still rapping weird but it don't really matter anymore since it's set in stone what we're about to get from these 2 projects. Any hopes of old detox songs making any of the 2 albums is dead now from this gta trailer.

goodyoung

« Reply #1238 on: December 08, 2021, 12:40:22 PM »
Snoop was "aggressive" on the Compton song because that was the style of the song lmao. He's not gonna have a laid back flow on a aggressive rock type beat lol. This beat is very similar to its all on me and all in a day's work from Compton. Dre still rapping weird but it don't really matter anymore since it's set in stone what we're about to get from these 2 projects. Any hopes of old detox songs making any of the 2 albums is dead now from this gta trailer.
Snoop's flow on Satisfiction wasn't exactly what I would call a laidback flow either, and that beat wasn't rock influenced.
How's this beat similar to all in a day's work?

jerseymike

« Reply #1239 on: December 08, 2021, 12:51:10 PM »
Snoop's flow on Satisfiction wasn't exactly what I would call a laidback flow either, and that beat wasn't rock influenced.
How's this beat similar to all in a day's work?

I was talking about 1 shot 1 kill with snoop smfh lmao. Obviously Satisfiction isn't a rock beat lmao.

goodyoung

« Reply #1240 on: December 08, 2021, 01:01:54 PM »
I was talking about 1 shot 1 kill with snoop smfh lmao. Obviously Satisfiction isn't a rock beat lmao.
I know, but I was talking about Snoop verses on Compton in general. Maybe a laidback flow wouldn't have worked on One SHot (still a questionable choice of having Snoop on a song like that) but Satisfiction wasn't a rock beat, yet he still had this unusual Snoop flow.

mtbsm

« Reply #1241 on: December 08, 2021, 02:00:35 PM »
As expected the song sounds like compton pt 2 shit smh. Hopefully there's real detox songs on here and not just new shit otherwise it will be a waste of waiting all that time. That dre x ross song sounded fire cuz its actually from detox era, produced by bink, not sure why people said its from ross new album lol.

Shout out to NJ but got damn you have bad takes. Sounds nothing like Compton

Proc pka KP

« Reply #1242 on: December 08, 2021, 08:11:50 PM »
I could go either way, Compton not Compton Shits fire. Snoop is wack though like the Kay Slade shit he just did

Sccit

« Reply #1243 on: December 08, 2021, 11:13:41 PM »
doesn’t sound like compton

also doesn’t sound like vintage dre

but it does sound :exquisite:

Lucifuge

« Reply #1244 on: December 09, 2021, 12:46:32 AM »
You have chrocin, you have 2001. If you think dre gonna recriate that sound you stupid. This beat is fire.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D