Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 130028 times)

Matty

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #1410 on: December 30, 2021, 09:02:45 PM »
I completely agree and I don't know if those tracks even exist in better quality but: compton WAS mixed similiar to this? No?

On another note: yeah this ep-release is fucking fake and it's even fooling the aftermath staff.

nope Compton was mixed perfectly as you'd expect, except for being a bit on the bright side (you'll find disucssion about this on the web) though I always thought that was an aesthetic choice. or perhaps even something that was overdone in mastering.

these tracks on the other hand, while some are worse than others, emphasise the vocal at the expense of everything else in a pretty unbalanced way. the normal Dre bass isn't there, highs are distorted and the vocals are generally way too loud. like it's mixed for tv speakers like someone said, or a surround mix squashed into stereo and therefore missing some detail.

Sccit

« Reply #1411 on: December 30, 2021, 09:13:34 PM »
nope Compton was mixed perfectly as you'd expect, except for being a bit on the bright side (you'll find disucssion about this on the web) though I always thought that was an aesthetic choice. or perhaps even something that was overdone in mastering.

these tracks on the other hand, while some are worse than others, emphasise the vocal at the expense of everything else in a pretty unbalanced way. the normal Dre bass isn't there, highs are distorted and the vocals are generally way too loud. like it's mixed for tv speakers like someone said, or a surround mix squashed into stereo and therefore missing some detail.

it was probably dumbed down for tv speakers by gta

no way dre woulda mixed it like that

compton was bright but it sounded perfect like that.. shit embodied a sunny day in cali

Matty

« Reply #1412 on: December 30, 2021, 09:23:31 PM »
it was probably dumbed down for tv speakers by gta

no way dre woulda mixed it like that

compton was bright but it sounded perfect like that.. shit embodied a sunny day in cali

the music certainly didn't sound like a sunny day in cali :(

Compton is another thing altogether but i felt like the bright, slightly harsh mix was because of the themes of aggression (calling back to NWA) and harsh street life being conveyed in many of the tracks. the sounds were altogether sharper, maybe call it more modern but it sort of fit the theme they were going for. though i ended up not liking the album it has almost zero replay value aside for a couple of tracks.

the instrumental playing in the start of this trailer woulda been way more up my street

as it stands this was the best track

Sccit

« Reply #1413 on: December 30, 2021, 11:09:54 PM »
the music certainly didn't sound like a sunny day in cali :(

Compton is another thing altogether but i felt like the bright, slightly harsh mix was because of the themes of aggression (calling back to NWA) and harsh street life being conveyed in many of the tracks. the sounds were altogether sharper, maybe call it more modern but it sort of fit the theme they were going for. though i ended up not liking the album it has almost zero replay value aside for a couple of tracks.

the instrumental playing in the start of this trailer woulda been way more up my street

as it stands this was the best track

songs like all on me, all in a days work, just another day, satisfiction had the sunny feel to it 

i felt like the emphasis on brightness brought the tracks to life .. i know dre directs big bass during the mastering process, so it was done with reason. i’ve worked with big bass, he will redo tracks multiple times until you’re satisfied with the master.

mtbsm

« Reply #1414 on: December 31, 2021, 04:38:16 AM »
There is a majority on this forum who seem unable to follow simple directions.

These tracks are purposely not mixed for an official release. It's the WHOLE FUCKING POINT of these tracks. They aren't meant to be. They are demo's from a game. Demo's hinted at almost a year ago. Demos. FUCKING DEMOS YOU BUNCH OF ILLITERATE FUCKING MORONS.

Dre is running with it in the vein of the whole storyline of why you get to hear the tracks in the first place. It's all part of the rollout and the method Dre is going to release stuff. It's a brave move but this is Dre we're talking about.

Whole load of people who don't understand how the industry works on here. It's fucking embarrassing.

I really fucking feel for Scitt, he's almost single handed trying to make this place what it should be. A great discussion place for music with heads that have the knowledge but this site is overrun with fucking idiots and it is a real shame. A real shame.

I'll be the first to say I haven't always gotten along with Scitt but you have to respect his ethos. But the majority of this site let him down. Look at the original members of this site with thousands of posts and how often they post now.

This forum now consists of a bunch of entitled little sad cunts. I often wonder why people like Chad even bother dropping the exclusives here. Because they don't always. I have stuff. I ain't dropping it here though. And as much as i'd love to say the whole suffers because of a minority, it isn't true. The majority don't deserve it. And going forward I will be actively working to get those tracks with the ones that deserve it.

I've been on forums damn near since the inception of them but this place is pathetic and fair fucking play to the people that TRY to make this place something. You have good patience and dedication.
]
To all the little whiny little cunts on this forum, FUCK OFF AND FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE for your pathetic shitty views. Contribute something worthwhile or else fuck off.

@Scitt you have the power, cleanse this place man. The potential is great and I've seen that potential been hinted at on the Coli and I think it's a good thing going forward but people on here are preventing that and bringing down opportunities.

It's obvious artist did (maybe still do) look here but why would they keep doing that or use this site as a indication if they see the people posting here. I appreciate it isn't that easy to get rid of cunts but let's work together and make this site what it should be.

I think that’s cool as hell if that’s what Dre is doing. In my head never would think he’d allow that because of how he holds his work to such high standards. But makes sense - loosie demos, which exception of ETA which is a notch above the rest

jerseymike

« Reply #1415 on: December 31, 2021, 06:02:19 AM »
lmao, all 6 of those gta songs are fully studio mixed and they are not demos smh. theyre 100% finished songs. theyre only called "demos" for the gta game because theyre random leftovers dre made for the game. rockstar using the word demo is just a marketing word, not literally demos. eminem number one was a demo for crack a bottle. these are not demos lmao. some people getting so angry trying to defend these terrible songs by dre because they dont understand how marketing/press releases work lmao.

Okka

« Reply #1416 on: December 31, 2021, 07:48:29 AM »
lmao, all 6 of those gta songs are fully studio mixed and they are not demos smh. theyre 100% finished songs. theyre only called "demos" for the gta game because theyre random leftovers dre made for the game. rockstar using the word demo is just a marketing word, not literally demos. eminem number one was a demo for crack a bottle. these are not demos lmao. some people getting so angry trying to defend these terrible songs by dre because they dont understand how marketing/press releases work lmao.

You think he really forgot how to mix songs?

astra4322

« Reply #1417 on: December 31, 2021, 07:51:42 AM »
You think he really forgot how to mix songs?

Haha. Dre wouldn’t realease such garbage.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Okka

« Reply #1418 on: December 31, 2021, 07:56:27 AM »
Haha. Dre wouldn’t realease such garbage.

Yeah, I don't see it happening for real. Unless that brain aneurysm did more damage than we actually thought.

The following users thanked this post: Marco

Sccit

« Reply #1419 on: December 31, 2021, 08:50:00 AM »

it’s not the mix, it’s the mastering

i’ll repeat it again, it probably sounded exceptional in the studio … then the people at gta decided to master it for tv speakers. dre most likely has the legit versions sittin in his vault. the only question is whether he’ll release them or not.

The following users thanked this post: Okka, Marco, mtbsm

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #1420 on: December 31, 2021, 09:47:59 AM »
Yeah, I don't see it happening for real. Unless that brain aneurysm did more damage than we actually thought.

Lmao

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #1421 on: December 31, 2021, 10:03:25 AM »
haha itunes put it down!

astra4322

« Reply #1422 on: December 31, 2021, 10:25:52 AM »
haha itunes put it down!
I said so! It’s fake release. Dre blocked it.

mtbsm

« Reply #1423 on: December 31, 2021, 11:04:25 AM »
Haha man this is just classic - did it get pulled from Spotify etc too?0

Sccit

« Reply #1424 on: December 31, 2021, 11:04:33 AM »
I said so! It’s fake release. Dre blocked it.

it’s not a fake release .. gta online put it out, probably without dre’s approval. but you can’t put fake releases on spotify. it’s still there. even if it gets taken down, it’s only per dre’s request, because it was officially released by gta.