Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 129940 times)

lakersalltheway

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #1635 on: February 03, 2022, 10:45:09 PM »
What is that fan art level cover....smh. Dre is really his own worst enemy.

astra4322

« Reply #1636 on: February 03, 2022, 10:49:25 PM »
What is that fan art level cover....smh. Dre is really his own worst enemy.
If it wasn't for Aftermath?Interscope label edition it looks like fan made. And what the hell with these singles -why they didn't put it as a whole EP? The quality is the same as earlier leaks.

Jay_J

« Reply #1637 on: February 03, 2022, 10:55:06 PM »
Xzibit and Fredwreck are in credits of Gospel... I remember D.O.C. said Dre wrote his verse for Gospel... Looks like its Xzibit's pen.

WTF that fan made cover by the way :)

lakersalltheway

« Reply #1638 on: February 03, 2022, 10:55:18 PM »
If it wasn't for Aftermath?Interscope label edition it looks like fan made. And what the hell with these singles -why they didn't put it as a whole EP? The quality is the same as earlier leaks.

Only answer I have is the same answer as always -- Dre gets cold feet after putting out any music, no matter how insignificant it is. He had some momentum with the GTA soundtrack, but he didn't want to make it an official release and now nobody cares. It's just weird....love the dude and his music, but there have to be some people around him that aren't total yes men to force him to release material without regrets. 

I have no doubts that he had an album in the works running up to the Super Bowl halftime, but we'll never hear it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 11:01:43 PM by lakersalltheway »

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

Zeccy

« Reply #1639 on: February 04, 2022, 12:41:30 AM »
Only answer I have is the same answer as always -- Dre gets cold feet after putting out any music, no matter how insignificant it is. He had some momentum with the GTA soundtrack, but he didn't want to make it an official release and now nobody cares. It's just weird....love the dude and his music, but there have to be some people around him that aren't total yes men to force him to release material without regrets. 

I have no doubts that he had an album in the works running up to the Super Bowl halftime, but we'll never hear it.

So true man

Orbyte

« Reply #1640 on: February 04, 2022, 04:18:20 AM »
I absolutely don't have a problem with the cover. It's out of gta and edgy, fits perfectly.

astra4322

« Reply #1641 on: February 04, 2022, 04:39:20 AM »
I absolutely don't have a problem with the cover. It's out of gta and edgy, fits perfectly.
Me too. The only thing is i would like to have it as a one album not singles but ok I can make a playlist  :P

AftermathBeats

« Reply #1642 on: February 04, 2022, 05:27:14 AM »
It looks like it was the plan from the beginning to release the songs a week before the Super Bowl together with Mary J Blidge, Snoop and what's still coming, not quite thought out that the leaks go out beforehand. The tracks are only released as singles in advance, they could also have released it as an Ep but the album space was kept free on purpose because they are only singles in advance

Orbyte

« Reply #1643 on: February 04, 2022, 08:01:28 AM »
It looks like it was the plan from the beginning to release the songs a week before the Super Bowl

but the album space was kept free on purpose
Maybe.

AftermathBeats

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #1645 on: February 04, 2022, 11:55:11 AM »

Matty

« Reply #1646 on: February 04, 2022, 07:33:37 PM »
the tracks sound much cleaner - better clarity, detail & bass, more of that Dre thump that was missing. i don't think they're amazing but at least they bump sort of right now.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, Marco, Shag Diggler

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #1647 on: February 04, 2022, 09:14:29 PM »
Waayyyyy better. Low end sounds amazing. Makes sense there was no low end on the ripped tracks. Such better clarity. You can hear all the details better

Zeccy

« Reply #1648 on: February 05, 2022, 05:14:49 PM »
Waayyyyy better. Low end sounds amazing. Makes sense there was no low end on the ripped tracks. Such better clarity. You can hear all the details better

Yeah but the voices are badly mixed (busta)

AftermathBeats

« Reply #1649 on: February 06, 2022, 08:16:38 AM »
Yeah but the voices are badly mixed (busta)

Yes, I also notice that the sound of the instruments has been mixed, I even think it's good, but the voices sound distorted, especially if there is an 's' in the sentence, you can notice it, the same was with the Compton album as if Dre's studio microphone were broken

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte