Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 129960 times)

jerseymike

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #1755 on: July 02, 2022, 09:55:34 AM »
dre hasnt made beats since 2011/12, since then he just mixes other producers beats and gives himself co producer credit on shit now. hes barely hands on like he used to be during detox era which is funny and sad cuz he'll keep pumping out 100s of terrible songs since 2011 but wont drop any fire he made from detox lmao.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

abusive

« Reply #1756 on: July 02, 2022, 11:55:07 AM »
Are all the people who swore Dre was releasing Detox right after the Superbowl so he can ride that wave of publicity ready to come out and admit they were wrong?
I was seeing that discussion around the internet as well.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Hellquist

« Reply #1757 on: July 02, 2022, 01:02:10 PM »
Are all the people who swore Dre was releasing Detox right after the Superbowl so he can ride that wave of publicity ready to come out and admit they were wrong?

This dumb-ass right here will admit it, but I didn't say Detox lol. I thought he would release something because Mary J. Blige released an album (that's good BTW) during this time period. I thought it made sense.

Hittman2001

« Reply #1758 on: July 02, 2022, 01:03:53 PM »
dre hasnt made beats since 2011/12, since then he just mixes other producers beats and gives himself co producer credit on shit now. hes barely hands on like he used to be during detox era which is funny and sad cuz he'll keep pumping out 100s of terrible songs since 2011 but wont drop any fire he made from detox lmao.

I mean if he's involved in the overall production of the song, why wouldn't he be credited as a CO producer?  As particular as he is with vocals i'm sure a lot of rerecording would happen with him.  Even if he didn't touch the beat(which i doubt, he puts his touch on everything) and just focused on the vocals, he would deserve producer credit.  Snoop said it best many years ago... Its called a Producer, not beat brought in by.   You wouldn't discredit a Director for a movie because they didn't control the camera (visuals being the equivalent of a beat in music), thats a cinematographer. 

I swear this is the only genre of music where Producer is viewed as being someone who makes all the music, makes it hard to understand why you and others get worked up over producer credit.  All those others that worked with him sound different without him.  All those songs without Dre being involved sound totally different.  The only protégé i would say is on the same level as him is Mike Elizondo (he learned how to make hits from DRE) every interview he has done, he has credited Dre for his success and he doesn't even do Hip Hop anymore.  His music is as clean as Dre's and he never complained about credit

Youre an idiot BTW

The following users thanked this post: Okka, Sccit, Marco, abusive, Malcy, Hellquist

Hellquist

« Reply #1759 on: July 02, 2022, 01:07:57 PM »
Rick Rubin gets a lot of shit for being a producer too. He is not a rap producer anymore, but I have heard countless stories about Rubin not doing shit, he's not even in the studio, etc. Then the artists say they are glad Rubin produced their albums. It is weird shit. These are the only two producers that I have ever heard get shit on for this.

Lucifuge

« Reply #1760 on: July 02, 2022, 02:10:08 PM »
Beatmaker is not producer, but producer is a beatmaker.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

abusive

« Reply #1761 on: July 02, 2022, 03:32:02 PM »
I mean if he's involved in the overall production of the song, why wouldn't he be credited as a CO producer?  As particular as he is with vocals i'm sure a lot of rerecording would happen with him.  Even if he didn't touch the beat(which i doubt, he puts his touch on everything) and just focused on the vocals, he would deserve producer credit.  Snoop said it best many years ago... Its called a Producer, not beat brought in by.   You wouldn't discredit a Director for a movie because they didn't control the camera (visuals being the equivalent of a beat in music), thats a cinematographer. 

I swear this is the only genre of music where Producer is viewed as being someone who makes all the music
, makes it hard to understand why you and others get worked up over producer credit.  All those others that worked with him sound different without him.  All those songs without Dre being involved sound totally different.  The only protégé i would say is on the same level as him is Mike Elizondo (he learned how to make hits from DRE) every interview he has done, he has credited Dre for his success and he doesn't even do Hip Hop anymore.  His music is as clean as Dre's and he never complained about credit

Youre an idiot BTW
That's because Hip Hop isn't like the other genres. It never was about getting musicians together to make music. The majority of it was one guy doing all the beats by sampling records. Usually a Dj. They talked about this in the documentary rhyme in reason who music was taken out of the public schools in nyc. So instead of making music from scratch, which they didn't know how to do because it wasn't taught to them, they samples records and used drum machines. Historically the person who did the beat was the producer.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Jay_J

« Reply #1762 on: July 02, 2022, 03:37:53 PM »

is it winter in United States? why everybody wearing jackets and winter cloths?

Jay_J

« Reply #1763 on: July 02, 2022, 03:41:30 PM »
Beatmaker is not producer, but producer is a beatmaker.

worst defination i ever heard.

a producer is not a beatmaker. who told you that? for example, quincy jones is not a beatmaker. he never made a beat. he wrote complex music compositions with good musicians. for example puff daddy is not a beatmaker, he never made a beat ever. he didnt even compose a music also. he was an executive producer.

but dre is all in one man. he is a mix engineer, he is a beatmaker, he is a producer and he is an executive producer. today dre is a mix engineer and an executive producer only.

mtbsm

« Reply #1764 on: July 02, 2022, 04:22:34 PM »

Dog you need people to admit an opinion they had was wrong? You’re that triggered by this topic? Maybe take a break from interwebs.

Lucifuge

« Reply #1765 on: July 02, 2022, 11:42:33 PM »
worst defination i ever heard.

a producer is not a beatmaker. who told you that? for example, quincy jones is not a beatmaker. he never made a beat. he wrote complex music compositions with good musicians. for example puff daddy is not a beatmaker, he never made a beat ever. he didnt even compose a music also. he was an executive producer.

but dre is all in one man. he is a mix engineer, he is a beatmaker, he is a producer and he is an executive producer. today dre is a mix engineer and an executive producer only.

Read again.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Sccit

« Reply #1766 on: July 02, 2022, 11:43:19 PM »

I swear this is the only genre of music where Producer is viewed as being someone who makes all the music, makes it hard to understand why you and others get worked up over producer credit.  All those others that worked with him sound different without him.  All those songs without Dre being involved sound totally different.  The only protégé i would say is on the same level as him is Mike Elizondo (he learned how to make hits from DRE) every interview he has done, he has credited Dre for his success and he doesn't even do Hip Hop anymore.  His music is as clean as Dre's and he never complained about credit

Youre an idiot BTW

FACTS

doggfather

« Reply #1767 on: July 02, 2022, 11:44:38 PM »
is it winter in United States? why everybody wearing jackets and winter cloths?

;D ;D ;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #1768 on: July 02, 2022, 11:49:10 PM »
That's because Hip Hop isn't like the other genres. It never was about getting musicians together to make music. The majority of it was one guy doing all the beats by sampling records. Usually a Dj. They talked about this in the documentary rhyme in reason who music was taken out of the public schools in nyc. So instead of making music from scratch, which they didn't know how to do because it wasn't taught to them, they samples records and used drum machines. Historically the person who did the beat was the producer.

we can go back to the 80s and see rick rubin wasn’t really making beats and being credited as producer

same wit puffy, kanye and many others

in comparison, dre not only makes beats on top of producing the beats of others, more importantly he conceptualizes tracks from inception to completion, and his vision is what guides the entire process. the way a dre song is structured, layered, recorded, mixed etc. is pretty much 100% dependent on him. he is extremely particular with every last sound that makes the track, from instrumentation, to drums, to vocals. basically, the ultimate producer.

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

mtbsm

« Reply #1769 on: July 03, 2022, 03:30:12 AM »

we can go back to the 80s and see rick rubin wasn’t really making beats and being credited as producer

same wit puffy, kanye and many others

in comparison, dre not only makes beats on top of producing the beats of others, more importantly he conceptualizes tracks from inception to completion, and his vision is what guides the entire process. the way a dre song is structured, layered, recorded, mixed etc. is pretty much 100% dependent on him. he is extremely particular with every last sound that makes the track, from instrumentation, to drums, to vocals. basically, the ultimate producer.

Go check out what Storch said about Dre in Drink Champs Interview - echoes all of this

The following users thanked this post: Sccit